• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chompy Ascension

Years
So, basically, I have two of the Mach Strike theme decks. Each has the below contents:

-3/3/2 Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
-3/1 Riolu/Lucario
-2/1 Hippopotas/Hippowdon
-3/2 Yungoos/Gumshoos
-2 Solrock (Burning Shadows)
-2 Spiritomb
-1 Type: Null
-1 Big Malasada
-2 Cynthia
-1 Escape Board
-1 Escape Rope
-2 Hau
-1 Looker
-2 Nest Ball
-1 Pal Pad
-2 Professor Kukui
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-2 Timer Ball
-20 Fighting energy

I'm trying to figure out how to meld them together. Basically just looking to build a deck that's okay to take to Standard for league.

I was thinking 4-4-4 Garchomp line as the core, as well as 4 Cynthia. Solrock needs to be removed. Same with Hippowdon. Maybe Lucario, since the draw engine comes into effect later than I need it. Trainers need reworking, but I haven't looked deep at them. 20 Energy is a no-go. Is 10 or 12 too few?

How many Lele should I run, if any?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I actually helped someone with this Leleless a couple weeks ago, and it looked something like this:

-4/4/4 Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
-2/2 Riolu/Lucario
-2/2 Yungoos/Gumshoos
-1 Spiritomb
-4 Cynthia
-2 Escape Board
-2 Escape Rope
-3 Hau
-2 Looker
-3 Nest Ball
-2 Pal Pad
-3 Professor Kukui
-2 Rescue Stretcher
-2 Timer Ball
-14 Fighting energy

This clearly isn't ideal, but straight from the box this is the best you'll get imo. Here's some explanation

The chomps and the Lukes are obvious. Use them, please.
Gumshoos is by far your best alternate attacker. 100 for 2 is pretty darn good.
Spiritomb recovers Cynthias late and stalls early.

Cynthia lets you do Tons of Damage
EBoard gives your Lukes free retreat
Rope gives your Gumshoos an out
Hau is draw
Looker is Hau but edgier
Nest ball finds Gibles and Riolu
Pal Pad recovers Cynthias
Kukui is Hau but more damaging
Stretcher recovers your dragons
Timer finds dragons and Luke
Fighting energy is used to attack, durr.

given access to a few other resources, I'd run it more like this:

-4/3/4 Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
-2/2 Riolu/Lucario
-2/2 Yungoos/Gumshoos
-1 Spiritomb
-4 Cynthia
-2 Escape Board (or Float Stone)
-2 Evosoda
-2 Looker
-3 Fan Club
-2 Pal Pad
-3 Professor Kukui
-2 Rescue Stretcher
-4 Ultra Ball
-9 Fighting energy
-4 DCE

And I don't think that's 60, so fill to suit.

Years
And I don't think that's 60, so fill to suit.

Was 58. Added the lone Brigette I found in my cards and a 3rd Pal Pad tentatively. Probably too much Pokemon search with the 4 Fan Clubs and 4 Ultra Balls, but whatever.

Maybe I should replace a Fan Club with an N? Or should I dig through my boxes until I find my Lele and put that in?

Also, it's a budget deck, but it's got a bit of glamor in it with a FA Cynthia, a Full Art Fan Club, and a League Promo Fighting Energy from 2011, all stuff I found digging through my cards while trying to find playsets of Fan Club and Ultra Ball.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Was 58. Added the lone Brigette I found in my cards and a 3rd Pal Pad tentatively. Probably too much Pokemon search with the 4 Fan Clubs and 4 Ultra Balls, but whatever.

Maybe I should replace a Fan Club with an N? Or should I dig through my boxes until I find my Lele and put that in?

Also, it's a budget deck, but it's got a bit of glamor in it with a FA Cynthia, a Full Art Fan Club, and a League Promo Fighting Energy from 2011, all stuff I found digging through my cards while trying to find playsets of Fan Club and Ultra Ball.

EDIT: haha wrong thread

Yeah, Brigette/Lele would be ideal tbh.

Last edited:

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
EDIT: haha wrong thread

Yeah, Brigette/Lele would be ideal tbh.

Hey.
I am kinda new to the game and want to get a deck together, I was recommended getting a similar deck to what you are building on this thread.

What you have is a great basis for what I want, but could you post a build that would work the best regardless of card prices or rarity.
I want to see what this deck can really do.

Thanks.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Hey.
I am kinda new to the game and want to get a deck together, I was recommended getting a similar deck to what you are building on this thread.

What you have is a great basis for what I want, but could you post a build that would work the best regardless of card prices or rarity.
I want to see what this deck can really do.

Thanks.

for one, until the rotation this September at least you want the Forbidden Light Garchomp if possible. Loses the Gardevoir weakness, and gains access to Brooklett Hill for search, and Stronk Energy which, when combined with a Choice Band, hits the magic number 250 (aka the "there is literally nothing that can survive this" value). Past rotation, you lose Stronk, but you still at least want the FBL Gible for Brooklet Hill shenanigans. If you choose to run that Chomp though, you could try Diancie [PS] to hit that 250 value still.

But also, Brigette x2, Tapu Lele-GX x3, Rare Candy x4, 3-4 UBall, the normal stuff. 3 Brooklett Hill because WHEE FREE RIOLU! 4-3-4 Garchomp line. Either 2-2 or 3-3 Lucario (if you're feeling really adventurous, go 3-2/1 with 3 Riolu, 2 Luke, and 1 Luke GX). Tech in a Buzzwole-GX if you're feeling desperate. 4 Cynthia because duh, Sycamores/Ns/Judges to suit. 4 DCE, 4 Stronk, 2-4 Fighting. Rescue Stretchers are a must unless you go the Luke GX build, even so run them anyway. Bar that, I'd say fill to preference. There are so many good ways to run this deck.

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
for one, until the rotation this September at least you want the Forbidden Light Garchomp if possible. Loses the Gardevoir weakness, and gains access to Brooklett Hill for search, and Stronk Energy which, when combined with a Choice Band, hits the magic number 250 (aka the "there is literally nothing that can survive this" value). Past rotation, you lose Stronk, but you still at least want the FBL Gible for Brooklet Hill shenanigans. If you choose to run that Chomp though, you could try Diancie [PS] to hit that 250 value still.

But also, Brigette x2, Tapu Lele-GX x3, Rare Candy x4, 3-4 UBall, the normal stuff. 3 Brooklett Hill because WHEE FREE RIOLU! 4-3-4 Garchomp line. Either 2-2 or 3-3 Lucario (if you're feeling really adventurous, go 3-2/1 with 3 Riolu, 2 Luke, and 1 Luke GX). Tech in a Buzzwole-GX if you're feeling desperate. 4 Cynthia because duh, Sycamores/Ns/Judges to suit. 4 DCE, 4 Stronk, 2-4 Fighting. Rescue Stretchers are a must unless you go the Luke GX build, even so run them anyway. Bar that, I'd say fill to preference. There are so many good ways to run this deck.

Thanks!

Just one more question: How do 'rotations' work?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Thanks!

Just one more question: How do 'rotations' work?

Tl;dr "Standard" tournaments only allow the last two years worth of cards, so each September one year's worth of cards (approximately) become "Expanded" and not allowed for "Standard " events. So this Sept all the cards from 2016 (the stuff before Sun and Moon) will be "rotated" out of the format.

Aduitt

Confused
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2018
Tl;dr "Standard" tournaments only allow the last two years worth of cards, so each September one year's worth of cards (approximately) become "Expanded" and not allowed for "Standard " events. So this Sept all the cards from 2016 (the stuff before Sun and Moon) will be "rotated" out of the format.

Thanks!

When would the stuff in 'Mach Strike' be rotated then? (assuming they don't get re-printed)

Years
Anyway, back to my list:

Pokemon(20):
4-3-4 Gible/Gabite/Garchomp (all FLI except 2 of the Chomps)
2-2 Lucario
2-2 Zoroark GX
1 Tapu Lele GX

Supporters (10):
4 Cynthia i should shell out for 4 full arts to make this the most expensive Garchomp-Lucario deck ever
1 Skyla
1 Guzma
1 N
1 Wicke
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Brigette

Stadiums (3):
3 Brooklet Hill

Items (14):
4 Ultra Ball
3 Pal Pad
2 Rare Candy
1 Random Receiver
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Choice Band
1 Float Stone
1 Escape Board

Energy(13):
8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
1 Strong Energy

Things I'm already considering doing:
-1 Wicke
+1 N

Should I drop a Gabite for another Rare Candy?

Should I drop Rescue Stretcher for a second Skyla? I think I've found enough Skyla to form a playset.

I want to fit in some Professor's Letter as well, or maybe Lady instead. Should I drop a Pal Pad for that? Or should I drop Random Receiver?

Last edited:
Back