• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Alright, as one of the members of the Fat Kid team, I'm the owner of the thread. However, Le is still working on it, so don't worry. To be honest, as of now, he's done most, if not all the work. Expect some updates soon though, school ended for me today.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
oh my god how have I not come across this before? The premise of this hack, while possibly intended to be funny, also sorta follows some real life issues that tend to be seen every now and then. I know some folks who would likely be interested in this game simply for the fact it gives them an avenue to fight back against the growing anti-science culture in the world.

Years
Alright, as one of the members of the Fat Kid team, I'm the owner of the thread. However, Le is still working on it, so don't worry. To be honest, as of now, he's done most, if not all the work. Expect some updates soon though, school ended for me today.

When I saw Le was leaving I was a little concerned about this hack, so thanks for keeping us updated lol. Looking forward to progress! :)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Update on Fat Kid... I've created the entire regional map structure, all HMs and field-move TMs that will be used and I have incorporated them into all maps that they will be in. The basis for each map is good and the overall outcome is awesome. Creating new maps now, the finishing ones of Beta 1 actually.

As for outside the hack info.. really, this isn't a community hack. If anything, I'm producing 99% of all work, with Danny and Meowth's contributions and maybe a few opinions here and there. If anyone wants to help out with discussions or ideas, feel free to stop by the IRC and discuss it with me. Thanks

Le pug

Years
I am so hyped for the Beta release. My eye has been on this hack for a long time!

Glad you're hyped. I have a pretty cool video I feel comfortable sharing with everyone... so if you want to know the entire region and what is planned, what HMs and what field move TMs are planned and what events will happen, go ahead and watch this FOURTY TWO minute non-stop talking video where I tell you almost everything fat kid.

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc1daea4urhsgyq/Fat Kid Region Overview.mp4?dl=0

I recommend downloading it and watching it in full screen for the full effect. its 155 MB.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Glad you're hyped. I have a pretty cool video I feel comfortable sharing with everyone... so if you want to know the entire region and what is planned, what HMs and what field move TMs are planned and what events will happen, go ahead and watch this FOURTY TWO minute non-stop talking video where I tell you almost everything fat kid.

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc1daea4urhsgyq/Fat Kid Region Overview.mp4?dl=0

I recommend downloading it and watching it in full screen for the full effect. its 155 MB.

I'll download it later
You should put it on youtube or something hehe

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Really nice overview, I really like how it's going to be. I haven't got where all the badges gonna be cause I didn't count the towns but I'm sure there's enough spots for gyms.

maybe I've seen too much South Park but I thought about that you should make the fat kid fart on the matches for forest fire or something like that.

Le pug

Years
Really nice overview, I really like how it's going to be. I haven't got where all the badges gonna be cause I didn't count the towns but I'm sure there's enough spots for gyms.

maybe I've seen too much South Park but I thought about that you should make the fat kid fart on the matches for forest fire or something like that.

I didn't place the badges on the map itself yet but there will be enough towns / cities to encorporate badges on top of everything

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
This is one of the best hack ideas ever. I do not understand why some people do not like technology, it kinda helps us live and does impossible tasks otherwise like instant editing of assignments (take that, wite-out!). plus porygon is up there on my favorite list so thats good too.

Le pug

Years
Took a small unnoticeable hiatus but just posting to know there is progress still being committed. Here are some of the latest maps:

Route 5 (created by Danny, edited by me):
This one connects between Fanny Barks and the first city. The only ability used here is Cut.
Spoiler:

Route 6:
This one is to the east of the first city and the cave path to the next town over. Besides TM Surf or Fat Kid's Floatation device for getting across the water, we see inside this map the TM Knock Off and is where we learn the TM Knock Off.
Spoiler:

Route 7:
This one is to the north of the first city, where you will be introduced to a mountainous range that will be climbable. Inside we see the TMs Headbutt and Knock Off being used for field moves. Also, Fat Kid's ability to hop over logs is amplified with the introduction of log-hop-jumping onto mountainous terrain and Cut.
Spoiler:

The first cave:
As seen from Route 6, there are four entrances into the cave and an exit to the south (and the real exit is obviously somewhere in the cave). These maps are jammed-packed with TMs, HMs, and abilities. Rock Climb ability is used to reach the otherwise unreachable mountain areas, Lock Pick ability is used to attempt to open the chests scattered around the cave. Inside are rewards waiting to be reaped! HM Earthquake is used to destroy the more pinkish boulders to get to the other side for continued secret paths or items. We also see TM Surf or Ability Floatation Device used in one of the levels.

Top Level:
Spoiler:

Level A:
Spoiler:

Level B:
Spoiler:

Level C:
Spoiler:

Level D (exit):
Spoiler:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Spoiler:

These maps look sick! Keep up the awesome work! :P

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
On the first glance, I thought this is a comic relief-sort of hack. After seeing how serious this hack is...
It makes me want to praise the idea of this hack, it's absolutely great!
I'm not sure about the 'pie' feature, but I hope it's something look forward to!
The screenshots are unexpectedly great as well, I'll be watching closely and checking back for more surprises. Kudos to the creator and team!

I would like to suggest an epic storyline, something big (pun not intended).

Back