• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] PMD: Antiquity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
how to keep myself from joining and instead making sure to post in the RPs I'm already in aaaaarghhh
you have a time gear for an avatar
it is destined

that said, i'll wait a bit more before accepting the first batch of explorers :)
also, note that i will be updating the ooc thread + workshop with updates
but i'm way faster on discord, so i created a channel somewhere if you want me around asap
https://discord.gg/WphCJvV (not required though!!)

Years
Friendly reminder to set up an SU for Eero ;)
hon hon hon
pikasloooooowpoke
gotta go fast
remind me to set u up with hash
Accepted!

--

OOC:

Regarding the telepathy/mind reading she can "sometimes" do: I am aware this can be a sticking point so I'm happy to talk about the conditions under which she can and cannot read thoughts. For example, perhaps she can only read thoughts strangers when the GM tells me she can, and she can freely read thoughts of allies. Or, perhaps those allies also need to give OOC permission and/or a "cue" in their narration.
Whoo boy, the telepathy is quite a sticking point to this. I'm personally fine with the clairvoyant abilities but this is slightly a lot different. NPC wise, you're going to have to ask me should you want to mind read certain NPCs (for example, key guild members and towns pokemon, Kaza obviously is too experienced to be able to read properly). But for other allies, you'll need them to give explicit OOC permission just to be safe.

As for clairvoyant abilities, information she sees inside visions could be provided at the GM's discretion, unless the "sandbox" nature of this RP means I can be/should be more fast and loose with making those up myself.
Well hellloooooo, plot starter. ;) I'll be providing you with some inside visions that will be vague af. Good luck trying to see that!

I'm open to discussion with the GM regarding the other psychic abilities (the ones that are not combat moves) that I've proposed, as well.
I'm fine with most of them provided that Quetzalli wouldn't be that strong, physical combat wise. She's old, her moves aren't the best, Xatu's a weak bird (jk she's ok), you know the drill.
Should you agree with my terms and stay in constant contact with me, you're accepted. :)

--

don't think i don't know that meme
okay so while i know your meme religion
your character's personality should not be all about their memeligion
add a bit more to it i think and it'll be all good

that said, i'll put you in pending for now until that's done :)

--

Sign Ups are forever open by the way :p I did mean for this to be a come and go RP, so you can come and go as you wish.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
Afterglow sez:
Regarding the telepathy/mind reading she can "sometimes" do: I am aware this can be a sticking point so I'm happy to talk about the conditions under which she can and cannot read thoughts. For example, perhaps she can only read thoughts of strangers when the GM tells me she can, and she can freely read thoughts of allies. Or, perhaps those allies also need to give OOC permission and/or a "cue" in their narration.

Kitty sez:
Whoo boy, the telepathy is quite a sticking point to this. I'm personally fine with the clairvoyant abilities but this is slightly a lot different. NPC wise, you're going to have to ask me should you want to mind read certain NPCs (for example, key guild members and towns pokemon, Kaza obviously is too experienced to be able to read properly). But for other allies, you'll need them to give explicit OOC permission just to be safe.

Afterglow sez:
As for clairvoyant abilities, information she sees inside visions could be provided at the GM's discretion, unless the "sandbox" nature of this RP means I can be/should be more fast and loose with making those up myself.

Kitty sez:
Well hellloooooo, plot starter. ;) I'll be providing you with some inside visions that will be vague af. Good luck trying to see that!

Afterglow sez:
I'm open to discussion with the GM regarding the other psychic abilities (the ones that are not combat moves) that I've proposed, as well.

Kitty sez:
I'm fine with most of them provided that Quetzalli wouldn't be that strong, physical combat wise. She's old, her moves aren't the best, Xatu's a weak bird (jk she's ok), you know the drill.
Should you agree with my terms and stay in constant contact with me, you're accepted. :)

Ok, so what I'm hearing you saying is that I require OOC permission to take information from anyone's mind regardless of who they are. That's totally fair. Should I ask my fellow players and GM in discord while I'm writing a post? Or had you something else in mind?

I'm glad you're cool with the clairvoyant abilities! I was actually wondering if things like Miracle Eye or Mark of Vision would be sticking points.

What do you think of the way I've described the combat moves?

I'm not sure if you addressed the question which I have highlighted in underline, above. Should we talk about that a bit?
But I'm glad we agree about this plot starter thing, and passing information to me (and my allies, I'm not gonna keep to myself) through this clairvoyance.

Concerning your comment about weakness (underlined), I think Quetzalli would show physical signs of aging, including in how she moves -- however, only a single move in her moveset relies on moving. The rest rely on the mind. If she's a talented psychic and weak physically, it wouldn't make sense that "her moves aren't the best," right? Except Air Slash.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Oh my, a Bulbasaur with a French accent. <3 I'm loving the characters in these sign-ups!

Anyway, I'm gonna go right ahead and be the member who asks all the nooby questions. :D Maybe beginners like me will benefit from the answers. ^_^

1. How will collaboration work in this role-play? When players choose to compete with each other or work together, will joint posts be necessary, or could a different method be used? (I assume cooperation will be required during plot missions, for the most part. After all, it wouldn't much fun if everyone went solo, right?) ^_^

2. Are the physics of mystery dungeons similar to the games? How exactly will they work?

3. Do players take control of NPCs when interacting with them, or are they strictly under the GM's control? I ask because in the PMD RP I did, players handled the NPCs, but that kind of led to character inconsistencies.

4. How will descriptions work? Let's say I wanted to describe Apricorn Village as having a certain quality or characteristic, but it contradicts other players. Writing the setting is my favourite part, pretty much, so I'd appreciate information on this. ^_^

5. With characters who are already guild members, they're bound to have items and pok?. This would be especially true for veterans. What are the limitations on this, in order for characters not to be over-equipped and thus overpowered?

That's it for the moment! Take your time with these. Hopefully no-one is rolling their eyes at me right now, haha.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
With SUs officially being accepted, I'm gonna assume that we can start deciding which mission we want to do? If so, Warren will take on the Bees and Bandits mission!

Also, placeholder for Eero's NPC profile

Eero completed!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so what I'm hearing you saying is that I require OOC permission to take information from anyone's mind regardless of who they are. That's totally fair. Should I ask my fellow players and GM in discord while I'm writing a post? Or had you something else in mind?

- asking it in discord is good :) if they aren't in discord, here in the thread would be fine too.

I'm glad you're cool with the clairvoyant abilities! I was actually wondering if things like Miracle Eye or Mark of Vision would be sticking points.

- they are but not as sticking as mind reading bc that already directly involves other player characters movements. at least you can't do much with seeing :^)

- please don't do much other than seeing

What do you think of the way I've described the combat moves? I'm not sure if you addressed the question which I have highlighted in underline, above. Should we talk about that a bit?

- the combat moves are pretty good yeah, i was mostly referring to the fact that should she do a lot with her body, she's bound to tire out faster than the average, younger pokemon.

- i'm not sure if i can talk about this right now while it's 4am though maybe give it a bit unless you already understood what i meant from the sentences above

But I'm glad we agree about this plot starter thing, and passing information to me (and my allies, I'm not gonna keep to myself) through this clairvoyance.

- quetzalli's gotta do her job ofc

Concerning your comment about weakness (underlined), I think Quetzalli would show physical signs of aging, including in how she moves -- however, only a single move in her moveset relies on moving. The rest rely on the mind. If she's a talented psychic and weak physically, it wouldn't make sense that "her moves aren't the best," right? Except Air Slash.

- i meant moves like actual moving so air slash is going to be shit whoops sry
- yeah she's a talented psychic. great mind, weak body.
- she'll probably be on par with kaza as he is rn

Oh my, a Bulbasaur with a French accent. <3 I'm loving the characters in these sign-ups!

Anyway, I'm gonna go right ahead and be the member who asks all the nooby questions. :D Maybe beginners like me will benefit from the answers. ^_^

- first of all these questions aren't nooby smfh

1. How will collaboration work in this role-play? When players choose to compete with each other or work together, will joint posts be necessary, or could a different method be used? (I assume cooperation will be required during plot missions, for the most part. After all, it wouldn't much fun if everyone went solo, right?) ^_^

- well in my previous post there is a channel somewhere where all the participants can talk about it (they could also talk about it in this thread ofc !!) i'm assuming joint posts will be necessary, but it honestly depends on how the players do it.

- just probably not a string of 100 word post replies maybe... :eyes:

2.Are the physics of mystery dungeons similar to the games? How exactly will they work?

- well, sorta, but not really?? the "dungeons" are all there still. if you faint in them you won't magically pop back out of the dungeon, nor will you lose your cash and items unless there's some pokemon who tries to frisk and steal from you.

- i said "dungeons" because it's mostly going to be up for interpretation. levels don't exist in this rp, but i will use locations like "in the deep part of x place" or "bottom of the lake" or something like that. one can't magically walk underwater and on lava like normal dungeons too; there will always be a different way in.

3. Do players take control of NPCs when interacting with them, or are they strictly under the GM's control? I ask because in the PMD RP I did, players handled the NPCs, but that kind of led to character inconsistencies.

- there's some npcs i will allow players to freely control (i will put guidelines though so everyone knows how they should at the very least act) when i say they can control them. however, i will be controlling some plot relevant and guild relevant npcs like kaza and toto for plot's sake.

- when i do tell someone not to control a character for that period of time, pls follow bc 9/10 it's for p l o t

4. How will descriptions work? Let's say I wanted to describe Apricorn Village as having a certain quality or characteristic, but it contradicts other players. Writing the setting is my favourite part, pretty much, so I'd appreciate information on this. ^_^

- woooooorld building! there's already a small description of it on the locations tab that still needs a bit more fluffing up. that's where the workshop thread and general community come around. soon enough i'll post a bit more about apricorn village in the workshop (and the discord channel) for people to help build it up and get a general consensus of what it'll be.

- that's how it'll work most of the time unless i do the describing, e.g. event location etc.

5. With characters who are already guild members, they're bound to have items and pok?. This would be especially true for veterans. What are the limitations on this, in order for characters not to be over-equipped and thus overpowered?

- new guildmembers start out automatically with 2000 coins and a treasure bag with a shiny badge and an oran berry

- veteran members i hope will be more reasonable with their coins. take into consideration that they've also used those coins on living expenses, etc. currently i feel like anything below 7000 is fair, unless someone corrects me on that.

- as for items, again we need to take into considerations the amount of missions they've done and if they've already even used it. that said, you can have up to five common items for veterans (common like seeds, berries, rocks to throw, sticks...) and two "rarer" items (orbs, pieces of clothing).

- better option for veterans is to discuss with me what they'll have and i can approve it or not depending on what seems fair. PLEASE DO THIS BTW it helps to start out in the first ever post too so the shop sellings and tradings will be fair.

- nobody can have any kind of evolution items for now.

That's it for the moment! Take your time with these. Hopefully no-one is rolling their eyes at me right now, haha.

ok i tried my best to answer the questions :'D
maybe i shouldn't do this at 4am

..already had to edit it bc i didn't combine the quotes
gj me

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022

Takehiko

Male // 40 // Breloom​

Appearance

The years have not been too kind to Takehiko. Ever since he left his hometown of Shiraroka he's been more or less always caught in a fight somewhere. His cap has been the victim of more than one strike, and even though it tends to heal better than the rest of his body it has gained a few scratches and scars from constant abuse. Somewhere along the line he hurt his left eye, and tend to keep it bandaged unless he absolutely needs it. Aside from wanting to spare people from having to look at an ugly scar, his eye is also sensitive, having lost it's ability to adapt to light as quickly as his other one.

Aside from his physical imperfections, Takehiko is relatively normal for a Breloom. He's always been on the small and slender side, but he packs as much power as any other member of his species. He carries around a walking stick although his legs work perfectly fine. Habits gained while walking the lonely roads are hard to forget, and it sometimes causes enemies to underestimate him.

Personality

Takehiko is a wanderer at heart. Ever since he was denied a position from the Shiraroka Noble Guard he's been wandering from one location to another, looking for whoever has a problem some muscle can solve. He's occasionally stayed in one location for an extended period of time, be it seeing a long-term project to completion, particularly friendly townsfolk, or drinking himself stupid with other mushroom Pokemon (despite the painful flaws). But still, he always wanders off.

His wandering hasn't dampened his spirit though. With the worst of his life over with, he had plenty of time to take in the beauty of the world. Be it natural wonders or culture, he's explored it and wrote a little on it. He's no expert poet by any stretch of the imagination, but sometimes the words just flow to him.

He's picked up the Hotchiku as a way to pass the time. A little musical talent never hurt.

Patience is a virtue to him, he's waited long enough to find out what he wants, he can wait a little longer.

He always strives to do what's right, even if it makes him unpopular. There's just too much beauty and talent in the world to just let bad things happen just because. He's steadfast in his decisions, be it turning down wealth in exchange for causing suffering, betraying someone's trust in him, or giving someone a better chance for the life they deserve. It's this drive that pushed him towards the Guild, and why he somehow finds his way back each time he tries to quick. Maybe this is what he was meant to do all along?

Abilities

Takehiko spent most of his life fighting, and it's something he's always considered himself good at. While other Pokemon favor flashy, powerful moves, Takehiko sticks to the basics he's drilled over and over again. His mastery over Technician makes his basic attacks hit nearly as hard as those flashy moves.

His preferred moves are:
Mach Punch // Counter // Helping Hand // Force Palm // Mega Drain // Feint

Pressing Questions

1) Somebody calls you ?weird but funny.? How does that make you feel?
A lot of people probably think I'm weird. Never bothered me really. Funny would be a new one, maybe someone finally gets my sense of humor.

2) The road forks to the right and left. You are told there is a treasure on the right. What do you do?

The right. Vague promises of treasure sounds like a trap. If it is a trap I can clear it before someone gets hurt.

3) Spring, summer, fall, or winter? Which season do you like best and why?
Fall. It's a time for change and a time to think about the hardships ahead. That and it makes the road awful pretty while traveling.

4)When it?s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
I'd hope my actions spoke louder than my words.

5) What makes you special?

I'll have to get back to you once I figure it out myself.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Finally finished my SU! Now to figure out what mission little baby Solosis could actually handle.

if/when im accepted, id like to take on the crack the canyon code mission

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
If we're claming missions, I'd like to claim the Alakazam's Apples mission. Though I'm not opposed to anyone joining me~

Years
Finally finished my SU! Now to figure out what mission little baby Solosis could actually handle.
accepted! wow what a p u s h o v e r

Updated the personality section of my character.
accepted! rip his parents though ;(

also yes yes you can take dibs on missions
and you can make a custom, non plot related mission (i'll have to approve it first should you do this)

Hyzenthlay

Years
Thanks Kitty, your response was a big help!

I think I'll just cross each bridge as I come to it. With that in mind, I'm gonna take my time deciding on my SU, stalking you guys in the actual RP to see how the professionals work. ;) That way I can get a proper grasp on things.

I wonder if Nick and Nixo will get along? :D

Robin

p-pix?
Years
Name: Edward

Species: Quilava

Appearance:
b0446e3ccc134cbad03191e8da254c4d.png

Personality: When Edward was still a small Cyndaquil, he was often bullied by the larger pokemon of his species, which resulted in him preferring to be isolated in order to avoid being made fun of. Years passed, and Edward's contact with other pokemon became less and less. He became quite shy, and didn't know how to properly act around other pokemon. Someday he was lost in thought, when he heard a couple of pokemon, passing by, talk about the Alakazam guild that was a few towns away from where Edward lived. He pondered the thought, this could be the opportunity to change his life for the better, and maybe make some friends for a change. But being a weak Cyindaquil as he was, he was sure they wouldn't accept him. So he trained, and trained, he also tried to put his shiness away and battled other Cyndaquils. After hard training and a relatively long time, he evolved into a Quilaval. He was still shy but not as shy as he was before, his personality changed. He decided that he was now ready to join the Alakazam's guild.

Ability: Blaze.

Moves: Flamethrower, Smoke Screen, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Covet, Extrasensory
I..is that a compliment or an insult.. I'm not sure how to fele about this.

2) The road forks to the right and left. You are told there is a treasure on the right. What do you do?
The right. I'll probably find an empty chest but there is always a small chance that i'll find something nice.

SPRING!! the green sceneries, the soothing aroma of the freshly bloomed flowers.

4)When it?s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
I'd hope my actions spoke louder than my words.

I-im n-not special..

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

771.png
Yuki & GORS THE MIGHTY
623.png

Species:
Pyukumuku & Golurk

Appearance:
Yuki the Pyukumuku is an average heighted Pyukumuku, with a smooth body attached with pink spikes attached to it's body. She is almost never seen without wearing her trademark pink rabbit ear hat.

Gors is a shiny Golurk; he possesses a black main body instead of blue, with light green patterns instead of beige. he usually carries Yuki's belongings and as well as other essential items they need inside a messenger bag that's hung around his waist.

Personality:

Yuki is a sharp witted individual, with a lust for treasure. Whenever there would be a showcase about a super rare, super expensive jewel? She'll be right there, eye-boggling the jewel, perhaps even drooling as she daydreams about if she had that jewel, she'd be rich. She's also kind, hardly ever showing anger to anyone but her enemies, and he serves to try and maintain a lighthearted atmosphere in the group when things get tense.

She acts like an older sister and a mother figure for her friends, or other young Pok?mon she meets, giving them advice here and there anytime they need it, or if they just need a ear to talk to, she'll always be there for them.

Gors has a more robotic and static personality, who's purpose is following Yuki's every whim. He's more serious of the two, taking everything at face value seriously and formally. He can't properly grasp the concept of 'sarcasm and jokes', much to Yuki's dismay... or enjoyment.

771.png

Ability:
Unaware
Moveset:
Recover | Helping Hand | Taunt | Purify | Gastro Acid | Tickle

623.png

Ability:
Iron Fist
Moveset:
Focus Punch | Shadow Punch | Mega Punch | Earthquake | Heavy Slam | Thunderpunch

Alakazam?s Guild Questionnaire

"Weird but funny, huh? Gors, I'm... not actually sure how to take this. What do you say?"

"MASTER. I HAVE A 987 WORD LIST OF COMPLIMENTS AND INSULTS. SHALL I PROCEED TO LIST THEM ALL?"

"No, skip that. Well, I suppose I'd say... thanks...?"

"Treasure?! Uh, ahem. Well, I'd suppose I'd ask Gors of any indication of danger?"

"MASTER. I HAVE NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS ROAD. NOR OF TREASURE. SHALL I ENGAGE IN A ROUTE ANALYSIS?"

"Gors, it's a hypothetical question..."

"YES MASTER. SENTENCE REGISTERED AS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION. WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAVE?"

"Well, Gors would at least be a reliable comrade in this scenario, I think."

"Definitely late spring! Flowers, modest weather, pleasant aromas... Gors darling, how about you?"

"MASTER. I CAN COMBAT IN ANY CONDITIONS REGARDLESS OF ANY WEATHER. I CAN FLY IN THE SKY AT MACH SPEEDS. I CAN PUNCH THROUGH ANYTHING YOU DESIRE ME TO. MY ETERNAL ENGERY CAN WITHSTAND ANYTHING EXCEPT FORCED EXTERNAL REMOVAL. I CAN GIVE HUGS AT A MUCH FASTER AND STRONGER FEAT THAN ANY BEWEAR. AS PER YOUR ORDERS.

"Okaaaay, that's a good way to say, 'any season is good'."

4) When it?s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?

"Hah! With my brilliance, and Gors's punches, we'll be unstoppable!"

"YES MASTER. ACTIVATING FOCUS PUNCH. CHARGING... 1%... 5%..."

"No, not now Gors! Ugh, well, at least, most of the time."

"Well, I'm not so special. It's Gors that's really special. He's really strong and brave... I'm actually kinda tiny and just bossy and supportive. And he never bats an eye about it. Long story, but Gors and I knew each other ever since we were really young... so I guess if anything, Gors is special to me because he's my family."

"MASTER. IF I MAY. I AM DESIGNED TO SERVE AND PROTECT YOU. EVEN IF THIS IS BECAUSE OF FAMILY MATTERS, THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE. YOU ARE SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU ARE MY MASTER."

"Gors...! Thank you."

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years

I saw you viewing this thread, Dragon, and I was expecting an amazing sign-up to appear. You didn't disappoint. :')

@Kitty Can you really sign up with more than one character? Because that'd be awesome!

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
now that my sign-up's done, i'll express interest for 'bees and bandits' alongside firesnow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back