• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
So, I am looking at this thread and I am thinking about downloading this hack but i have a few questions before i do:

Where does 2.1 end at?

When will 3.1 be out?

I played shiny gold x and it just kind of ended, does 2.1 do this?

Someone give me some need-to-know basics on this game before i start playing it!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
So, I am looking at this thread and I am thinking about downloading this hack but i have a few questions before i do:

Where does 2.1 end at? Beta 2.1 ends at the first of the Orange Islands after you beat Johto and Kanto.

When will 3.1 be out? Beta 3.1 could be released in 1-2 months in my estimation (really depends on the workflow).

I played shiny gold x and it just kind of ended, does 2.1 do this? Nope but honestly, I'd wait for 3.1. Beta 2.1 is pretty glitchy and may put you off your general idea of the game - 3.1 is practically bug free.

Someone give me some need-to-know basics on this game before i start playing it!

Answers are in bold :). Hope it helps. By all means feel free to try the hack anyway.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
also, if i start playing 2.1 now, and 3.1 comes out; will i be able to patch up and continue where i left off in 2.1?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
also, if i start playing 2.1 now, and 3.1 comes out; will i be able to patch up and continue where i left off in 2.1?

Should be fine, but it's not advised you do. I mean if we decide to put in key events that unlocks new areas, you may find yourself stuck :P. As it stands, I think that should be fine.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
mk one last thing! (thanks so much for helping me out guys)

I am trying to download 2.1 on the website given by LaZ and I am running into some problems. First, Which should I download? the UPS or the IPS file? Also, I tried downloading both to play them on the VBA but neither worked. Any tips? I'm using Windows.

Years

I am trying to download 2.1 on the website given by LaZ and I am running into some problems. First, Which should I download? the UPS or the IPS file? Also, I tried downloading both to play them on the VBA but neither worked. Any tips? I'm using Windows.

you have to patch it to fire red, before it will work.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Even with all the tile changes?

Yeah, tile changes wouldn't effect your saves unless we decided to put an extra tree right where your guy was standing, then I guess you'd be stuck. :P

Easiest way is to download Lunar IPS (a program), a FireRed US ROM and the Liquid Crystal .ips patch. Then use Lunar IPS to apply the patch to the FireRed ROM. Then load that newly patched FireRed ROM on an emulator of your choice.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey Zeikku will 3.1 be glitch free on my iPod because there are a few glitches I noticed again today the first one was at the Team Rocket Hideout in Mahogany town there was a rocket scientist who when you talked to him it just said a bunch of random letters the other was the guy who sold Lava Cookies he had some weird letters when he was talking to Also when I went to Olivine and your rival walks out of the gym the game freezes and you can make your rival come out of the doorway if you stand behind the bush at the olivine gym. Oh and if you would like I will report any other bugs and once again I'm playing this on my iPod I don't know if that makes a difference.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
that worked! thanks alot! real big help :) time to start playing my poke-mans! ha

Remember, before you start playing change the save type on the emulator to Flash 128k. If you've already started, just delete all the other files created by the emulator when you loaded the ROM then open the emulator change the save type to as mentioned before. then load your ROM.

You need to do this the once, the emulator will remember. It only needs to be done so that when you beat the elite 4 and end up at home, it actually loads the save.

Hey Zeikku will 3.1 be glitch free on my iPod because there are a few glitches I noticed again today the first one was at the Team Rocket Hideout in Mahogany town there was a rocket scientist who when you talked to him it just said a bunch of random letters the other was the guy who sold Lava Cookies he had some weird letters when he was talking to Also when I went to Olivine and your rival walks out of the gym the game freezes and you can make your rival come out of the doorway if you stand behind the bush at the olivine gym. Oh and if you would like I will report any other bugs and once again I'm playing this on my iPod I don't know if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure it'll be bug free. I beta test with my Nexus S android phone and so far so good. Towards beta testing period I may suggest to LaZ to organise a multi-emulator test period. Although this game is intended for VBA, there's no reason why it shouldn't work with a BIOS-based emulator. Beta 3.1 should be bug free more or less though. :)

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
As I mentioned in one of the change logs for 3.1, I will be supporting BIOS based emulators such as GPsp and GPSPhone, or any one that uses the gab_bios.bin.

Guys I have a surprise i've been working on over the past 3 days. A perfect set of world maps!

2yorbza.png
20ql75e.png
2dj52pu.png

Johto, Kanto and the Orange Islands world maps. I've been working on them for a few days now and thanks to Zel we can use his D/P based world map tiles. I've made them as perfect as possible so all flight positions work (except mt silver and lake of rage) and the players head should have its correct positions and move correctly over all of the routes! I'm really proud of this as it took a long time (thanks to Diego for some help too).

The only bugs are some areas will show the players head in the top left corner but i'll details as many bugs when I release the beta, whenever that is!

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
okay, i downloaded and patched everything and i can play the game however, the graphics are all jacked up and i dont know why! please help!

Got it!

Last edited:
Years
Wow man LaZ and Zeikku!!
Both u guys rock
And LaZ the maps are as awesome as ever.
M gonna vote this hack the best in the year when time comes. And oh you mentioned old Zel hope he is fine.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hmm, this looks incredibly promising! Maybe this will finally be considered the new Shiny Gold! I hope Zel is proud someone possibly surpassed him.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Well I've been busy revamping sprites and here they are :) - Be warned you'll remember a lot of these from back in the day:
12-1.png
2-4.png
11-1.png

6-1.png
3-4.png
7-1.png

10-1.png
5-2.png
1-9.png

9-1.png
8-1.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey Zeikku thank you for answering my question I do like your new sprites. I do have a few more questions though, are you going to include the Sevii Islands? And I know I've already asked this but I really want to play this on my gba so it will seem like an actual pokemon game and I can trade to my other Pokemon Gba games everyone says you need a flash cart and I don't know which one you need or how to get it from a well known site like EBay or Amazon. Could I just overwrite a game on a Gba Cartridge or no? Sorry to ask so many questions I just need to ask someone who knows what they're doing. :D Thanks, LCF

Back