• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
Found another bug to report. After beating Elite Four for the third time, Bad Egg replaces 1 of my Pokemons in PC box 4. It wouldn't be that bad but it replaces Raikou, checked 3 times if it happens, and every time result is the same.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
I was wondering does the required emulator work on mac?

Nevermind it doesnt but is there a version of vba for mac that will work with the game i cant change the clock and the sound wont work for your game a shame though seems cool though limited without the working clock function

Dude, I'm running vba on a mac with absolutely no problems. I'm on the orange islands too, and haven't had any crashes or anything. I also haven't had any problems on any other games I've played using it. One, turn on the real time clock on your emulator itself (under preferences, there's just an option for real time clock). I don't know what the sound problem you're having is caused by. Maybe you don't have the latest vba emulator?

Years
Reposting: About Axel and the Special HQ, is the text about "finding people to recruit" that "may be training in hidden areas" a real "quest" or it has nothing to do with anything? If it is a quest, can anybody help me with this? I have absolutely no clue what to do and where to go...
These dialogues could be related with future beta's event you know..

Update Time:
Beated Pryce with:
Lv 38 Meganium
Lv 36 Graveler
Lv 34 poliwhirl
Lv 34 Shelgon
Lv 39 Kadabra
Lv 25 Castform

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Hello All, im brand new here. But came here strictly for LC! I was wondering, i've found a guide for Beta 2, but have been unable to find a guide for Beta 3.1.

Are there so many changes from Beta 2 to 3.1 that a new guide would be required?

Have pokemon locations changed from Beta 2 to Beta 3.1? (My main reason for asking this, is i can't find Swablu on Rt 31 which is what the Beta 2 guide says for his location)

Which generation are the skill sets by level based on? I know (or at least think i do) that this was built off of the FR rom, but from what i understand some of the map layouts are from previous Gens?

Other than that, man does it take so much longer to lvl up in this one vers FR! I have a base FR rom im playing also, and my skills seem to less damage in LC, as well as the pokemon in LC seem to utilize status effects much more often. Im guessing this is all by design?

Thanks for your time, and patience. I would try and read through all this to find the info im seeking, but i have one eye that is drastically weaker than the other and reading for extended lengths of time anymore gives me massive headaches. So before im flamed for not being good at research, please understand why.

Again, Thanks for your time :)

I was wondering if anyone had any answer's for these questions?

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Could anyone help me? how can i activate pedestals for flutes i got all of em but pedestales are not here.i Couldn't find a proper answer on forum.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hey guys, just posting to say that there'll be a sneaky nice new addition to LC within the next few days. I won't tell you what it is, but you should spot it pretty quickly once it HAS been inserted.

Also, a reminder not to ask me anything about the events in the game, as I had no part in their creation and as such, have no idea what happens. I haven't even managed to finished the hack yet, myself (due to horrendous luck with the Slowpoke Well bug).

I can help with things which are ASM or engine bugs, or even attempt to track down and fix bugs in scripting, but I know next to nothing about what happens in the game, sadly. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Chris41279 said:
I was wondering if anyone had any answer's for these questions?

1. There are a lot of changes, the walkthrough is outdated.

2. Swablu is still on Route 31, use Advance Map 1.92 if in doubt. I played half of the game with the Pokemon list, it's not 100% accurate, at least one poke on the list wasn't in game, and some in game weren't mentioned (inb4 which; I don't remember)

3. Generation 3, although remember, that some TM's have been changed for others, while their compatibility wasn't changed (vide Dragon Fang IIRC)

4. Actually, at the end of beta I had 4 Poke on 100th level, and evolved all of my PC Pokes, (if their evolutions I didn't already have) to get them in the Pokedex. I played solo (as I always do) with Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar, with 3 HM slaves. After evolving all I had, I just gave each an Exp. Share to not waste the XP. I went to the Type Masters with Noctowl on 48th level, went out with it on 98th, so yeah. IIRC, I never got my Poke to 100th in vanilla games.

Rybson said:
Could anyone help me? how can i activate pedestals for flutes i got all of em but pedestales are not here.i Couldn't find a proper answer on forum.

Don't be a lazy liar, I posted an answer to this on this here, 96th, page.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Is there going to be pokegear, or am I missing something?

No mate. That would be a major addition, which would necessitate us releasing a new "official" beta and asking all players to restart. It's smaller than this, but something which should help deepen the immersion of being in a different region from Kanto. Something which has been standard in every Pokémon game except from Generation 1, it's even in the 3rd Gen remakes of Gen 1 (in a roundabout way).

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
1. There are a lot of changes, the walkthrough is outdated.

2. Swablu is still on Route 31, use Advance Map 1.92 if in doubt. I played half of the game with the Pokemon list, it's not 100% accurate, at least one poke on the list wasn't in game, and some in game weren't mentioned (inb4 which; I don't remember)

3. Generation 3, although remember, that some TM's have been changed for others, while their compatibility wasn't changed (vide Dragon Fang IIRC)

4. Actually, at the end of beta I had 4 Poke on 100th level, and evolved all of my PC Pokes, (if their evolutions I didn't already have) to get them in the Pokedex. I played solo (as I always do) with Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar, with 3 HM slaves. After evolving all I had, I just gave each an Exp. Share to not waste the XP. I went to the Type Masters with Noctowl on 48th level, went out with it on 98th, so yeah. IIRC, I never got my Poke to 100th in vanilla games.

Don't be a lazy liar, I posted an answer to this on this here, 96th, page.

Thanks a TON for the answers, Kane!

Ok, so if Swablu is definitely on Rt 31, do i have to get him out of a tree? Or during a specific time of day? Cause i have ran back and forth through that grass for EONS and beat on them tree's knocking whatever i could out of them just as long almost. And that's even with the Throttle constantly on, so im covering much more ground in less time.

I dont know why im having so many issues.

EDIT: So would you say then, those 3 pokemon you used are quite a formidable match up against most? I'm a dumby when it comes to type match ups, and any of the advanced strategy stuff (Such as EV training, etc..)

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Ok, so if Swablu is definitely on Rt 31, do i have to get him out of a tree? Or during a specific time of day? Cause i have ran back and forth through that grass for EONS and beat on them tree's knocking whatever i could out of them just as long almost. And that's even with the Throttle constantly on, so im covering much more ground in less time.

No, it's not on trees. No, the "different pokemon on different time of day" mechanic is not implemented. It's in the grass. And, in most of the cases, the Hoenn poke are very, VERY hard to get. The only way is to run back and forth and pray to the RNG, that he'll send you a Swablu.

Also, grass, trees, surfing and fishing all use different spawn tables.

EDIT: So would you say then, those 3 pokemon you used are quite a formidable match up against most? I'm a dumby when it comes to type match ups, and any of the advanced strategy stuff (Such as EV training, etc..)

As I said, I used only 1 Pokemon, the 3 others were HM slaves (used only for Fly, Flash, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Surf, Dive, Whirlpool and Waterfall). I used the second one (Noctowl), in double battles and sometimes to hypnotize legendaries and catch them. I did not use any advanced breeding techniques, PokeRus, effort values, nothing. Just used different attacks to maximize damage against as many types as I could. So Tyranitar had Ice Beam, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Thrash (to not waste PPs of other moves against weak poke).

I only had trouble at the Type Masters gauntlet (because of no level difference), and there I sometimes switched to Noctowl, hypnotized the enemy and Dream Eater'd them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
No, it's not on trees. No, the "different pokemon on different time of day" mechanic is not implemented. It's in the grass. And, in most of the cases, the Hoenn poke are very, VERY hard to get. The only way is to run back and forth and pray to the RNG, that he'll send you a Swablu.

Also, grass, trees, surfing and fishing all use different spawn tables.

As I said, I used only 1 Pokemon, the 3 others were HM slaves (used only for Fly, Flash, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Headbutt, Surf, Dive, Whirlpool and Waterfall). I used the second one (Noctowl), in double battles and sometimes to hypnotize legendaries and catch them. I did not use any advanced breeding techniques, PokeRus, effort values, nothing. Just used different attacks to maximize damage against as many types as I could. So Tyranitar had Ice Beam, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Thrash (to not waste PPs of other moves against weak poke).

I only had trouble at the Type Masters gauntlet (because of no level difference), and there I sometimes switched to Noctowl, hypnotized the enemy and Dream Eater'd them.

Thank you very much for the detailed responses! I think i'll give that a try! :) Are there other good Pokemon to use in this fashion? As 1 man teams?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
I had finish the main story, however, i can still unable to find the zapdos in rock tunnel where it should be there , while the other 2 birds are captured. Is this a glitch,or should i have to finish more of the story?

main story means i had passed over the zane base in orange island.

Btw, is there anyway to awaken the groundon in dragon den? I am unable to figure it out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Thank you very much for the detailed responses! I think i'll give that a try! :) Are there other good Pokemon to use in this fashion? As 1 man teams?

Well, I always use pseudo-legendary pokemon. Always check, with Bulbapedia for instance, what the pokemon is weak to and strong against. To somewhat even things out, I always make the ingame Rival take a poke, that is super effective against mine, like normally (so with Tyranitar, the enemy had Totodile; now I'm playing Expert Emerald with Beldum, the Rival has Torchic. Back in the days, when I did not change the starter, I usually used the fire ones (Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic) and still went through the game with only one.

HongKongBinLaden said:
I had finish the main story, however, i can still unable to find the zapdos in rock tunnel where it should be there , while the other 2 birds are captured. Is this a glitch,or should i have to finish more of the story?

main story means i had passed over the zane base in orange island.

Btw, is there anyway to awaken the groundon in dragon den? I am unable to figure it out.

I, too, did not find Zapdos. About Groudon, You have to find a Ruby.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I checked the events. Zapdos is in a hidden area of the Power Plant accessible from Rock Tunnel.

Years
Hey guys, just posting to say that there'll be a sneaky nice new addition to LC within the next few days. I won't tell you what it is, but you should spot it pretty quickly once it HAS been inserted.

Also, a reminder not to ask me anything about the events in the game, as I had no part in their creation and as such, have no idea what happens. I haven't even managed to finished the hack yet, myself (due to horrendous luck with the Slowpoke Well bug).

I can help with things which are ASM or engine bugs, or even attempt to track down and fix bugs in scripting, but I know next to nothing about what happens in the game, sadly. :(
Hmmmm wondering what could that be? but does it requires us to start all over?

Back