• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Never read any of the Monotagari novels. Maaaay give the two Lapras linked a shot sometime though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

yeaaah. doesn't sound like something I would be interested in haha. i'll stick with what I currently have on my list; maaaaaybe Kokoro Connect.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I see. I actually don't know why I'm thinking on watching it since no one on Plurk has said anything. Guess it's just me actually making a decision on my own for once.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Still gotta watch fairycrap. Lookey kewl.

I would watch Monogatari though. It is an experience, especially if you haven't seen a lot of Shaft stuff.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I did a sports marathon a while back and that got me through a chunk of my backlog. Think I'll do a SHAFT one now. Still have a few of their shows to watch.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Shaft ... /quickly looks up because what is know who makes what.
..... wow. I haven't really watched anything from them at all. A few in-betweens but otherwise next to nothing that they actually produced.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

SHAFT is probably my favourite studio atm. And it seems the nippons like it too, because more and more anime from other companies come out with a similar directing style nowadays (most notably Sankarea, Dusk maiden and Medaka Box).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Pretty sure Ghost and Zombie waifu shows actually had some SHAFT staff on board.

From what I saw Gainax made Medaka look horrid. Jesus Christ the animation was crap. Talk about one of the giant studios going out with a whimper.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Oh. Guess that explains that.

Yeah, gainax are definitely not putting much effort into it. Damn shame, Medaka Box could make a really good anime if pulled off right.
Are they low on money or is there another show that they're focusing on?

Just make PSG 2 or something. Dunno how popular that show was in Japan, but the west is all over it.
Worth investing in maybe, gainax folks?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

Just think there more recent shows (last decade) haven't sold so well, other than TTGL that is. They're also co-producing the NGE Rebuild films right now.

I think Medaka was a smart move. They're not going to run out of material and it has something that will sell. Medaka's cleavage.

Let us hope they return to their former glory one day.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

It would be sad to see such a distinct animation style and an iconic studio go away.
And it's not like I can blame them for money whoring. CoughSHAFTcough. Well, they're companies, so making what gives them money makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back