• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back into the Poke craze after 20 years!!!!

Years
Hey there. As the title suggests, I have been away from Pokémon for 20 years or so. I was big into it when the original Red and Blue came out back in '96 but I dropped off when Gold and Silver came out. Now, two decades later I saw the trailer for a Detective Pikachu movie and sparked my love for Pokémon all over again.

Now I'm going through the games that I missed, which is a lot. I just recently started up Fire Red and have Crystal Dust ready to go after that. I kind of regret missing out on it al lthese years but I am eager to catch up. :)

Also, as my name implies my favourite Pokémon is Slowpoke.

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Yaaaassssss
another lover of the Slowpoke :D

Hi, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay at PC.

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
Years
Greetings and welcome to The PC!

I do hope you enjoy your stay and get the chance to meet a lot of neat people.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi Mr. Slowpoke! It's always nice to get in new members who remember the ol' original games from their childhood. Glad you decided to get back into Pokémon and join us! :)

Please feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
welcome to pc! you're going to have a blast playing crystal, i know i sure did. glad to see older fans getting back into the series. are you planning on playing any further games such as OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire?

Years
The games are absolutely amazing, so take your time enjoying them! Lots of fun to be had. Welcome to PC, looking forward to seeing you around \o/

Years
welcome to pc! you're going to have a blast playing crystal, i know i sure did. glad to see older fans getting back into the series. are you planning on playing any further games such as OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire?

Hey, thanks! I definitely plan on playing what I can. I see some of the older ones are pretty rare now and hard to get but I want to give OR/AS a try for sure. I already have Ultra Sun on the go too. It's way different in many ways but has so many similarities.

Thanks to all for the welcome. :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I saw your username and just had to say hello. Slowpoke is awesome. I've always hoped to see more fans of it! Welcome to Pokecommunity, wow twenty years away is a long time...but Detective Pikachu looks great, so it's cool that it pulled you back in. Enjoy your time here!

Miss K

Nomad
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2019
Hello there! I am also returning to Pokemon after dropping off around the same point (I only recently figured out it is known as red and blue). I never really "fanned out" like most people so I moved onto other fandoms continuously rather than know everything i could about one or two (my memory sucks) so no matter which community I join, I always feel like the baby who is just learning, even if I watched the originals as they came out! Makes it hard to really join in with an active established community sometimes, but here I am again!

Anywho...

Just wanted to say hey to a fellow older fan who may know a little less like me about where the fandom went :)

Back