The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Trade Corner
Chit-Chat TC Daily Chit Chat & FAQ

Trade Corner Seeking a quick, simple trade? Wanting to get rid of a Pokémon? This section is for you!

Old April 29th, 2018 (5:58 PM).
Bulbagarden Forums Acc: Benjamin Midflying 666
    FC: 0190-2646-1726
    IGN: L Lawliet/MartinLuther/Arceus

Nature: Modest
    Hello, I was wondering if legit Pokemon beefed up through Powersaves qualify as "hacked Pokemon" in trade rules and if there's any way to check if Pokemon have been beefed up through Powersaves.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 29th, 2018 (6:23 PM).
    FC:
    IGN:

Nature: Sassy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grumpy Gray View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if legit Pokemon beefed up through Powersaves qualify as "hacked Pokemon" in trade rules and if there's any way to check if Pokemon have been beefed up through Powersaves.
    You can find the description of a hacked Pokémon in the trade rules and hack check thread.
    I don't know what you mean by beefing up but any edits made to a Pokémon via cheating tools is considered hack.
    Old April 29th, 2018 (9:07 PM).
      FC: 0275-8348-9379
      IGN: P in USUM, Gregious in ORAS

Are there non-shiny mons that don't need a crazy hard to obtain ha (dw/friend safari/gen7weatherchainassist/etc.) that could be equivalent to like a generic cloned marshadow? I'm only after the gen 6+ mythical and I can't offer most of my mythical mons since they were hacked and I'm a casual not interested in getting the really rare stuff like shinies to be able to trade for stuff.

If a hacked mon was ever used to breed chain to another mon, are all mons in chain hacked? Examples of parents: 6 iv hacked ditto or a lvl 10 weedle imported from fire red that was hacked to have 13 def iv instead of 14 def iv. If either of the above parents has a lineage chain of 1 to 100000 mons of breeding they are all hacked?

Can pkhex tell the difference between a 100% acurate wonder card (including date/region recieved game side) hacked event mon (pre gen 6 ofc) and a legit event mon? If not, is there another community forum that allows hacked mon trades if they are identical to legit ones in every way besides not being legit?

I am assuming the reason cloning is allowed here but not hacked mons would be because there is some way to clone in gen 6+ without homebrew, pkhex, other 3rd party software/hardware or consoles bypassing system updates which means cloning is done using purely glitches present in up-to-date cartridges and therefore technically not cheating. I wonder why, if my assumption is correct, I don't see a dedicated post describing such a cloning method and associated risks so everyone on this forum can try it themselves and not have to bother a few individuals who have had to be vetted to prevent cloning scams. Is there some downside to sharing the mysterious legit cloning method or have I just missed where it has been described? I would certainly like to be able to clone my own shiny groudon since it's probably my only rare legit mon and I bet I could get another cool legit mon by trading a clone of it away.
      Old April 30th, 2018 (7:34 AM).
        FC: 5327-1652-0643
        IGN: Norris

Nature: Quiet
        I can see that you're new to PokeCommunity, so first of all I'd like to say "Welcome!". I usually just lurk around here in the Trade Corner, but I couldn't help but feel like replying to your post.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gregious View Post
        Are there non-shiny mons that don't need a crazy hard to obtain ha (dw/friend safari/gen7weatherchainassist/etc.) that could be equivalent to like a generic cloned marshadow? I'm only after the gen 6+ mythical and I can't offer most of my mythical mons since they were hacked and I'm a casual not interested in getting the really rare stuff like shinies to be able to trade for stuff.
        What's 'worth' a Pokemon is usually determined by the two parties that are trading with each other (think of it like "one person's trash is another's treasure"). All that you can do is offer what you believe is fair for the Pokemon you are asking for. Personally, I think it sucks missing out on something just because you weren't playing the game/living in a certain place at a certain time. This is usually why I'm more than happy to clone my event/Mythical Pokemon for other people who ask for them hint hint. And because they're only clones, I don't really lose anything by doing so, so it's a win-win for both of us.
        Quote:
        If a hacked mon was ever used to breed chain to another mon, are all mons in chain hacked? Examples of parents: 6 iv hacked ditto or a lvl 10 weedle imported from fire red that was hacked to have 13 def iv instead of 14 def iv. If either of the above parents has a lineage chain of 1 to 100000 mons of breeding they are all hacked?
        This is a very subjective/morally grey area. Once again, based on my own opinion, I believe that the children are legit so long as the parent is legal and the breeder isn't purposely creating hacked Pokemon just to make the breeding process easier. The first point is because there's basically no way to tell if a child Pokemon is from a hacked parent (assuming the hacker had enough integrity to keep it legal at least), so worrying about whether or not you should use a Pokemon from WT is just stressful, because it's most likely just a breedject anyway. Of course, you should always take special care to make sure that the Ball/Ability/Moves combination of a Pokemon is at least legal.
        Quote:
        Can pkhex tell the difference between a 100% acurate wonder card (including date/region recieved game side) hacked event mon (pre gen 6 ofc) and a legit event mon? If not, is there another community forum that allows hacked mon trades if they are identical to legit ones in every way besides not being legit?
        Because PowerSaves-generated Wonder Cards usually have set dates, you can make a safe assumption on whether the Pokemon is genned or not based on the date it was obtained. I use PKHeX myself for RNG abuse and hack checking, and so I can tell you that the program does come with it's own (quite extensive) hack checker. While it can never confirm the legitimacy of a Pokemon, it can (usually) at least confirm the Pokemon is legal. PKHeX also let's you see the more hidden variables of a Pokemon, so even if you're very sceptical of the Pokemon, you can check the date, region it was obtained and etc. to see if it's plausible the Pokemon is indeed legit.

As for other communities, I can tell you right off the bat that there are at least two subreddits (forums on Reddit) that are polar-opposites of each other; one allows any and all Pokemon to be traded, even the most obvious of hacks. The other has a very strict trading policy, right to the point where if you can't provide video/redemption proof that you obtained an event Pokemon yourself, trainers won't even trade with you. There's also GameFaqs forums as well, but from what I've seen, that place is just a mess. In any case, any hacked Pokemon should never be traded here in PC, no matter how legit it looks. A good hack checker who knows their stuff will usually be able to determine if a Pokemon is a hack or not unless it's hacked perfectly to a T, and I can tell you right now that this is definitely not the case for most hacked Pokemon I've come across.
        Quote:
        I am assuming the reason cloning is allowed here but not hacked mons would be because there is some way to clone in gen 6+ without homebrew, pkhex, other 3rd party software/hardware or consoles bypassing system updates which means cloning is done using purely glitches present in up-to-date cartridges and therefore technically not cheating. I wonder why, if my assumption is correct, I don't see a dedicated post describing such a cloning method and associated risks so everyone on this forum can try it themselves and not have to bother a few individuals who have had to be vetted to prevent cloning scams. Is there some downside to sharing the mysterious legit cloning method or have I just missed where it has been described?
        This is mostly related to a point I made just before; in the same way that you can't tell a child is from a hacked (but legal) parent, there is no way that you can tell if a Pokemon is cloned unless you physically have two copies of the same Pokemon and use an external program (like PKHeX) to check that all of their internal values are exactly the same. Because of this, and the fact that people are much less likely to trade their rare Pokemon if they weren't allowed to clone and keep at least one copy for themselves, PC has decided that cloned Pokemon are allowed to be traded here.

However, the reason that there isn't a thread describing how to clone Pokemon in-game (besides the fact that there's loads of online sources for that already) is because it's incredibly risky and hard to pull off correctly, and even if you get the hang of it, it's still a quite time-consuming process. Heck, cloning via external software is even encouraged because it's just so much safer than relying on your reaction time to turn off the 3DS at that perfect moment to make the glitch work for a single clone. As far as I remember, none of the official cloners use the in-game glitch to clone the Pokemon they're given.

Speaking of the official cloners, the reason that you're only allowed to clone your Pokemon via a few trusted individuals is to prevent scamming, more than anything else. When you give a certified cloner your Pokemon, you know that you're 99.99999% likely to get that Pokemon back once they've successfully cloned it for you. Even though the process from applying to be a cloner all the way to trying to meet one at a specific time to get your Pokemon cloned might be painful and slow, it's certainly a lot better than having chaos run amok in the forums because another new trainer falls victim to yet another scam.

Once again, it's nice seeing a new member in the community! Congrats on your shiny Groudon, and I hope my reply cleared up some things for you.

RIP Trade Reviews

Old April 30th, 2018 (7:38 AM). Edited April 30th, 2018 by Spyro.
        FC:
        IGN:

Quote:
        Likely not, even if they are clones, people like to get a fair trade so offering basic HA Pokémon for a highly in demand Mythical likely won't get any attention.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gregious
        Offspring of hacked parents are legit as long as they are legal.

Quote:
        PKHeX can't detect everything, but there are ways experienced hack checkers might see the Wonder card was injected, even if PKHeX won't detect it.
        I also will leave your trading community searching to your trusted search engine, as people passing hacks as legit/legal are a plague and I will not help anyone find them.

Quote:
        I am assuming the reason cloning is allowed here but not hacked mons would be because there is some way to clone in gen 6+ without homebrew, pkhex, other 3rd party software/hardware or consoles bypassing system updates which means cloning is done using purely glitches present in up-to-date cartridges and therefore technically not cheating. I wonder why, if my assumption is correct, I don't see a dedicated post describing such a cloning method and associated risks so everyone on this forum can try it themselves and not have to bother a few individuals who have had to be vetted to prevent cloning scams. Is there some downside to sharing the mysterious legit cloning method or have I just missed where it has been described? I would certainly like to be able to clone my own shiny groudon since it's probably my only rare legit mon and I bet I could get another cool legit mon by trading a clone of it away.
        You assumption is wrong, it is simply because we do not have a rule for full disclosure, and without it, it is hard to find if a Pokémon was cloned. it also does not fit our description of a hack, which you can find in the rules thread. To prevent scam, an official cloning thread with trusted community members was created to ask for cloning requests, and it is prohibited to offer cloning services if you are not an official cloner.
        Old April 30th, 2018 (9:46 AM).

Thanks for the welcome and the speedy responses to my questions. I found the answers to be helpful. I guess I'll try to make a trade thread even though it seems unlikely I have many things worthy of trading. I do have another interesting question though. Does changing the date/time/region of the 3ds for the purpose of getting different forms also count as hackmons? I.e. farming monsoon vivillon or winter sawsbuck.
          Old April 30th, 2018 (8:04 PM).
            FC: 5327-1652-0643
            IGN: Norris

Nature: Quiet
            Quote:
            I do have another interesting question though. Does changing the date/time/region of the 3ds for the purpose of getting different forms also count as hackmons? I.e. farming monsoon vivillon or winter sawsbuck.
            Basically, let's look at how a hacked Pokemon is defined in the Trade Corner's rules:
            Quote:
            A hack is any Pokémon not able to naturally exist within the game or any Pokémon edited or created by a cheating device.
            Now, the seasonal Pokemon that you can find in the game by changing your system's time are a) perfectly capable of existing naturally within the game and b) are not edited or created by cheating devices/software. Therefore, all Pokemon caught due to a change in the system's time are completely legit. And honestly there's no reason they shouldn't be.

Fun fact: My event Marshadow has an obtained date in the year 2038 or something because I forgot to fix my system's date and time after playing around with Homebrew. Really, you have nothing to worry about.

RIP Trade Reviews

Old May 3rd, 2018 (5:43 AM).

It appears my very first post on someone else's thread has been deleted along with the entire thread. Was the thread deleted by the op or is there some reason it is gone?
              Old May 3rd, 2018 (9:44 AM).
              FC:
              IGN:

Quote:
              It appears my very first post on someone else's thread has been deleted along with the entire thread. Was the thread deleted by the op or is there some reason it is gone?
              Normal users can't delete their own thread.
              Old May 3rd, 2018 (7:28 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
                Normal users can't delete their own thread.
                So I can assume then it was deleted by a mod? I don't know why it was deleted then.
                Old May 4th, 2018 (5:08 AM).
                FC:
                IGN:

Quote:
                So I can assume then it was deleted by a mod? I don't know why it was deleted then.
                If you don't know why it means it wasn't your fault and you don't need to know :)
                Old May 4th, 2018 (4:44 PM). Edited May 4th, 2018 by Hikamaru.
                the universe is calling
                FC: 4786-0190-7051
                IGN: Nichole

Nature: Quirky
                Great to have you back as mod, Spyro!

TC didn't feel the same without you, your helpful advice and your kind presence.
                Old May 9th, 2018 (3:08 AM).
                SamThePokeBro
                  FC:
                  IGN:

Nature: Jolly
                  Hey guys, wondering if anyone ever wants to trade with me on ultra sun/moon or if anyone would like a battle sometime :)
                  Old May 13th, 2018 (7:30 AM).
                  the universe is calling
                  FC: 4786-0190-7051
                  IGN: Nichole

Nature: Quirky
                  I need to try and get to an EB Games soon so I can get a Xerneas/Yveltal code. At least it'll be easy for me since I have several stores within easy reach so I won't have too many problems.
                  Old May 26th, 2018 (4:48 PM).
                    FC:
                    IGN:

Hello all I'm new here i have a question. What are the odds for chaining ditto and catching a shiny 6 iv ditto with imposter
                    Old May 26th, 2018 (4:57 PM).
                    • GT
                    FC:
                    IGN:

moving this to the place i think it belongs!

Old May 27th, 2018 (6:12 AM). Edited May 27th, 2018 by Spyro.
                    FC:
                    IGN:

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by I want to catch them all View Post
                    Hello all I'm new here i have a question. What are the odds for chaining ditto and catching a shiny 6 iv ditto with imposter
                    About 1 in 10 millions just for the 6iv, without considering Shiny or HA. SOS chaining for 6iv has the same odds as encountering a 6iv Pokémon randomly. See here
                    Old June 6th, 2018 (1:40 AM).
                    Requiescat en pace.
                    FC: 4484-9138-2471
                    IGN: Emile

Nature: Calm
                    Is there still a good Samaritan in the Trade Corner who sends out 6IV Ditto for breeding? I remember one thread involving Tentacool on the GTS, but can't seem to find it today.
                    Old June 6th, 2018 (6:42 AM).
                    FC:
                    IGN:

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Elysieum View Post
                    Is there still a good Samaritan in the Trade Corner who sends out 6IV Ditto for breeding? I remember one thread involving Tentacool on the GTS, but can't seem to find it today.
                    Sadly there is none currently, since something happened to that Giveaway and we can't host it on Pokécommunity anymore. There's other places you can look at however - there's a link in my sig for those needing 6IV Dittos.

Quick Reply