• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
Can everybody help me with the mega evolution, i set the mega evolution both on g3hs ( buggy) and pge ( i'm kinda screw up and use the emerald methods for this), and have the mega ring, setvar, have the pokemon holding the item (which is potion ) but still don't suceed (tut and wild battle)
Fixed: I'm already solve the issues, look like the evolution table paramenter of mega evolution in pge is 254 not 251

Last edited:

Septentrion

Evilutionary biologist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 13, 2023
PSI Master,

While making preparing a huge battle redesign for a hack, a few of the people from the moemon community have nearly created a baserom with tons of battle related features. This includes making all pokemon viable through BST changes, and increasing the number of TMs. Would you be interested in sharing the Battle Baserom?

EDIT: Looks like they also used Petuuuhhh's base for pokemon data.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
NICE Leon

And that Hack Applied Tool that comes with JPANS engine (NOT the ips) is semi compatible, i got a few of the specials to work by themselves after using the "Remove Dynamic Overworlds" patch. Cant promise they all will, but special 0x62 and 0x65 work after being applied from the tool.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
I've tested the rom now until the Pokemon League. First of all thank you for that beautiful ROM base, and more thanks for keeping it playable. It was really fun to go through with updated features. Now every monster is somehow viable in the team. The playthrough was very smoth and i didn't occur any larger bugs.

The only bugs that i occured, where those in combination with the yellow pokeball, you've already noticed, and one weird map bug.
Spoiler:

For anyone who cares, this was my playthrough team, which wouldn't be possible in regular fire red (Cool menu btw):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 2, 2021
Sorry if im being dumb but I tried applying this patch to my clean fire red rom then opening it in PGE. Even though I overwrote the PGE ini with the one provided in the download I am still met with a number of issues when trying to tweak the rom in PGE. When I try to open the Pokemon editor gives me some error about how the string length cannot be 0. Anyone know why this happens or how I can fix it?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Sorry if im being dumb but I tried applying this patch to my clean fire red rom then opening it in PGE. Even though I overwrote the PGE ini with the one provided in the download I am still met with a number of issues when trying to tweak the rom in PGE. When I try to open the Pokemon editor gives me some error about how the string length cannot be 0. Anyone know why this happens or how I can fix it?

rename roms.ini to the filename of your gba rom then put on samefolder

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
The OP has been updated to reflect updated removal patches, as it has come to my attention that some appear to undo each other as well.
Additionally, there is now a folder dedicated to offsets regarding ASM, and what bytes to change in order to undo my changes, enabling further customization.

In All Other Offsets Used.txt, there exists a new organization to better track where sprites, descriptions, etc. are. There is data present on the sheet that is not in the current release, those are for V3, and will not change, so do not occupy any space after 0xF00000.

Can you please make a removal patch for the Pokemon selection screen? Or better yet replace it with this:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=403447

It's much better IMO.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
Can you please make a removal patch for the Pokemon selection screen? Or better yet replace it with this:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=403447

It's much better IMO.

There is already a removal patch for it just find it in the folders

Update: Hey Mega X Rocker good news after u apply the removal patch u can use the other selection screen patch it occupies the same offsets hope i helped

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
There is already a removal patch for it just find it in the folders

Update: Hey Mega X Rocker good news after u apply the removal patch u can use the other selection screen patch it occupies the same offsets hope i helped

Ah, thanks a lot.

Definitely going to use this once they release V3 then.

Billyc4898

Getting there
Years
This is a great rom base! I've been using it for a few days now and it's going fine, I just have one issue and I'm not sure if it's happened before to anyone else. I'm replacing some pokemon and it's been working fine however for some reason Caterpie is unable to evolve, almost as if G3HS has no data for it's evolution. I've tested the other pokemon I've changed and even random ones I haven't and they work fine just seems to be that one slot that doesn't work.

Cruztown

Squirtle Squirt.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Hey, I saw in the main post that you updated Sturdy. I just wanted to let y?all know that if it was DollSteak?s routine in the Ability Resource, it seems to break False Swipe?s effect. Y?all might want to consider looking into that, or making a note of it for potential users that would like to keep False Swipe over Sturdy.

Years
I hate to be that person with a new account that's posting bug reports, but I'm getting a soft lock on the Pokemon Summary screen on hardware. I've tried two different ROMs as well. (Is there an MD5 hash for the recommended one?) It's happening at the very beginning of the game right after I pick a starter. I have not used any IPS patches to remove anything.

That aside, this base really looks fantastic. I've been wanting a no-frills, updated mechanic ROM base, which is oddly difficult to find.

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Hey, I saw in the main post that you updated Sturdy. I just wanted to let y'all know that if it was DollSteak's routine in the Ability Resource, it seems to break False Swipe's effect. Y'all might want to consider looking into that, or making a note of it for potential users that would like to keep False Swipe over Sturdy.

I've actually already made note of it and trying to find a solution. But thanks for taking notice!

I hate to be that person with a new account that's posting bug reports, but I'm getting a soft lock on the Pokemon Summary screen on hardware. I've tried two different ROMs as well. (Is there an MD5 hash for the recommended one?) It's happening at the very beginning of the game right after I pick a starter. I have not used any IPS patches to remove anything.

That aside, this base really looks fantastic. I've been wanting a no-frills, updated mechanic ROM base, which is oddly difficult to find.

Thanks for the kind words. Making the best rom base on the community is my goal.
As for the soft lock issue, it seems the summary screen was made specifically with VBA's bugs in mind, so on hardware and many emulators it would have that problem. Thankfully, the removal patch completely fixes all of that.

When V3 is released, I will post a separate patch for those who want to use it on hardware or emulators like mGBA or no$

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
i found a bug after i get a tm it don't register or it is because of the bag expansion i did

Years
As for the soft lock issue, it seems the summary screen was made specifically with VBA's bugs in mind, so on hardware and many emulators it would have that problem. Thankfully, the removal patch completely fixes all of that.
When V3 is released, I will post a separate patch for those who want to use it on hardware or emulators like mGBA or no$
That seems to have done the trick, thanks! That's the problem with hacks being designed with particular emulators in mind... Often doesn't translate to hardware. But that's another issue entirely. :laugh-squinted:

Small question as I'm about to start playing - When it's said that the AI needs adjustment - Is the AI actually like... Obviously broken? Or does it just make poor choices of moves due to new moves, the physical/special split, etc.?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
My issue is when editing it in any program all of the evolutions are messed up, like they're way down for some reason. Also there's the fact that there are five evolutions per poke as opposed to 8. Also in G3H3 I can't see the fairy typing so I have to edit the fairy typings in G3T. Not a big deal. I patched mine to have no mega evolutions for what it's worth however the evolution problem started before. Right now I'm trying to edit every pokemon personally for my custom experience as well as a lot of moves for more balance and variety. (Making mons such as Farfetch'd have at least a niche use, balancing stats somewhat while still having distinct tiers of power, making legendary pokemon absolutely legendary. Like 1000+ BST sometimes.) Thanks in advance and sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
That seems to have done the trick, thanks! That's the problem with hacks being designed with particular emulators in mind... Often doesn't translate to hardware. But that's another issue entirely. :laugh-squinted:

Small question as I'm about to start playing - When it's said that the AI needs adjustment - Is the AI actually like... Obviously broken? Or does it just make poor choices of moves due to new moves, the physical/special split, etc.?

The AI isnt broken by any means, it just still operates as it would on an unedited rom. So it doesnt account for the physical/special split, or new moves. As far as new moves, it would make actions based on type, regardless if it is status or not. Not particularly game breaking, but an issue to make note.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
As I said, Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips and Remove Day and Night.ips were the only 2 patches I was using at first. Then I ran the ROM to see if I was able to confirm the freezing-in-battle issue, but I wasn't able to.
Then I applied Remove Mega Evolution.ips, checked again but nothing, the game is still working perfectly fine in both, VBA-M and mGBA.

The video which I recorded to show the issue with the DNS Removal Patch only has Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips and Remove Day and Night.ips though.

Now, what I personally checked was wild battles, not the first rival battle.
I'm gonna do some tests again and will edit this post with the results.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done. I really wasn't able to trigger this freeze you guys are talking about :/ ...
VBA-M SVN r877
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips+Remove Mega Evolution.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.

mGBA v0.7-5171 (latest nightly)
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
Leons Ultimate Rom Base.ips+Remove Day and Night.ips+Remove Mega Evolution.ips: The first rival battle is working correctly.
m_GBA.png

EDIT2: Jfc, I never noticed how washed out the colors were in VBA-M compared to mGBA, just like at that textbox and the font o_o ...

I?m only using the regular VBA haha. I?ll see if that?s the issue.

Back