• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Help with final team member in Black

Years
Hello guys, I want to start a new adventure through Unova and I have most of my team planned out: Emboar, Simisage, Sigilyph, Krookodile and Galvantula. I wish to use a water type but I really can't decide which one. I can't decide between Jellicent, Carracosta and Seismitoad. I will use it for surfing as well, so Carracosta's sp.atk can't really help. Which one should I pick? Should I consider Swanna or Basculin as well?(they are very weak defensive-wise and I already have pretty fragile Pokes, so I don't want to add another glass cannon to my team.) Thanks for your time.

ltlvixen

ltlvixen
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
I would go for Jellicent as it can learn ice beam which will help against grass weakness.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I would pick Jellicent for the water/ghost type moves and I recommend you don't use Simisage. The monkey trio have really bad defense and they faint in 1-2 hits. I used a Maractus and it was more helpful than Simisage.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 25, 2018
I think that Eelektross (with levitate, of course) is better than galvantula. And Jellicent, especially with water absorb, is a pretty good pokemon to use.

Back