• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This is what I get for being gone for three days due to school stuff. >.>
Quit school then. Obvious answer.

But yeah, it's not really a review exchange thing. I pretty much stole the idea from the thread posted on SPPf called "Dozen Red Roses - A Reviewing Challenge" (which I'm not linking to because of lag, unfortunately). The basic explanation is there, pretty much. The difference between that one and PC's version is that ours is going to be a monthly thing instead of a once-a-year rush, and there's not a set amount of reviews that each volunteer needs to post.

The awards were brought up again because I asked everyone to repost whatever ideas we had before that I forgot about, and Mizan said "FFotY". So, my mind worked some way to connect both ideas and get them to work, and then it was bold question time, peeps.

We need a map to follow conversations here. Or a flow chart.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Someone needs to be on guard to summarize all the slop going on in here. ...ANDITSNOTGOINGTOBEMEMMHMM.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I know. But if we did have something like that, hopefully we wouldn't need to infiltrate the NASA building in order to hijack a satellite...

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I wonder if Sol ever needs help or if he's still doing the BTI?

Besides the point,
Once we establish whether or not we want the monthly review thing and the FFOTY, we should definitely make a thread to discuss and possibly experiment with it further. :3

That's just me though, so go wild. XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I had the chance to get a 1 TB hard drive when I was trying to find a new computer. At the time, I wondered what I would do with a hard drive that big.

Now I know. It would be used to keep a guide to the FFL.

One of us should ask solovino if he wants help for the BTI.

Once we establish whether or not we want the monthly review thing and the FFOTY, we should definitely make a thread to discuss and possibly experiment with it further.
Say "y" in answer to the question "Monthly review volunteer thing: y/n?" and I'll make the thread whenever I feel like it[/i] there's enough finally "yesi" for the idea.

And when I get home, because I'm on right now at work. So in a small way, I do get paid for being a moderator.

Bay

Years
I had the chance to get a 1 TB hard drive when I was trying to find a new computer. At the time, I wondered what I would do with a hard drive that big.

Now I know. It would be used to keep a guide to the FFL.

One of us should ask solovino if he wants help for the BTI.

Say "y" in answer to the question "Monthly review volunteer thing: y/n?" and I'll make the thread whenever I feel like it[/i] there's enough finally "yesi" for the idea.

And when I get home, because I'm on right now at work. So in a small way, I do get paid for being a moderator.

I''ll ask solovino if he needs help. However, won't be able to help him because I'm working on the Fanfic Index, which I need to get to updating soon. XD;

Also, I say yes to separate threads on both the awards and the monthly review volunteer thing. Astinus if you want I can do a separate thread for one or both of them now. :3

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
If someone could handle the awards, that would be great for me. I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to running awards, so if someone else wants to carry the bulk of that, they have my permission.

And would it be rather odd to start a round of the monthly volunteer review service in the middle of the month? Would it terribly confuse people if it wasn't at the beginning of the month? It doesn't bother me any way, but if everyone would prefer starting it on the first day of March, then I can just write a sticky note to remind myself to post it on that day.

But it would be better for the awards discussion to have its own thread, since that has a lot to cover, and it would be terribly confusing to have it dashed around typical Lounge conversations.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
I think I'll also ask Sol, since I think I don't have any commitments yet...

Also, yes on both seperate threads.

On that note, I'd be happy to volunteer for the FFOTY committee thing. XD
I'll get around to posting the proposal thread (not the actual thread, but the one for discussion) for discussion if everyone agrees for me to host it. :D

And yes to both.

Monthly review thing starts on March to give time to prepare and organize plus it's at the beginning of the month.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Just a quick bold topic for you guys, partially because I'm interested in what everyone thinks so...

What do you, as either a reader or writer, think of Deus ex Machinas to end Fiction?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
What do you, as either a reader or writer, think of Deus ex Machinas to end Fiction?

Although this may sound something like an oxymoron, I don't mind deus ex machinas as long as they're believable deus ex machinas, and as long as there's some sort of input from the characters. Like, to have Arceus burst in the middle of a scene and stomp the villain into the ground, not so much. But if a character is a skilled summoner of Legendaries or something and was sumoning Arceus while he/she was tied up over a vat of painfully hot liquid, that would probably be okay. As a writer, I tried to make Giratina an involved and superpowered character but not causing her to induce a deus ex machina whenever she appeared. (That wasn't too hard, considering Giratina doesn't really like to be one anyway. She finds it boring.)

Bay

Years
Go ahead and do the proposal thread on the awards thing, Mizan. :3 Also, I'm thinking maybe have a discussion thread on the review exchange and then in March the real thread?

I'll have to get back to doing the bold topic later because I got to study now. D:

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Quick question, but does everyone want a proposal thread where we discuss stuff first?

Because I was kinda on the impression that we actually have the voting in thread in December. :D

Apart from that, I'm still waiting to see if anyone else has any objections. It seems I have Bay's support and possibly Astinus' permission. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm for the idea, not that I think I can participate in either (fan fiction has been on the back burner for me lately). But for those who can, go for it :)

But let me get a timeline: If we start the review exchange thread in March, will the actual review exchange start in March or April?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
If we start the review exchange thread in March, will the actual review exchange start in March or April?
What about the FFotY? When will they be announced? When will voting start, and who tallies the votes?

I'm with Giratina on this one. As long as it makes since and the story still flows right, I don't care.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
What about the FFotY? When will they be announced? When will voting start, and who tallies the votes?
If it were up to me, voting starts in mid-November and ends in late December.
Nomination takes place throughout the year before then. While nomination takes place, categories are also set. I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back