• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Does anyone know how to input the physical/special/status image from gen 4 into the fire red rom?
I read Darthatron's post.... but I couldn't figure it out.....

Spoiler:

Well, it isn't too hard. You need to compile the ASM after changing the YYYYYY offset to that of the images you inserted. Now, place that in some free space ending in an even number of zero. Then, you place the very first ASM code (the "change these bytes"), at the location specified and the pointer will go to the new routine you just inserted +1.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
g5XRj.jpg

I need to add scripts, where these side warps are, but, do I need those 2 extra warps?
And what do they do?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Is there a way to change/fix the bag? because my Pokemon Emerald ROM bag image got corrupted when I was editing.

Here look at these.

Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
gijrI.jpg

This happened, a while back, i thought you could disable the help, but that's in GSC.
So, how would i fix this?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Is there a way to change/fix the bag? because my Pokemon Emerald ROM bag image got corrupted when I was editing.

Here look at these.

Spoiler:

Reinserting the images is probably the best way to go.

I don't know where and how can I edit the bag image. It just messed up while I'm editing the other parts of the game. I already changed a lot so I can't turn back and start from a fresh new ROM again.

karatekid552

Years
I don't know where and how can I edit the bag image. It just messed up while I'm editing the other parts of the game. I already changed a lot so I can't turn back and start from a fresh new ROM again.

Well, get a copy of NSE Classic. If you play with it enough on a clean rom, you can probably find the image in there (it may even be bookmarked in NSE) and then insert it into your rom.

Years
g5XRj.jpg

I need to add scripts, where these side warps are, but, do I need those 2 extra warps?
And what do they do?

In any case, you can put both a Script tile and a warp tile in the same place and they'll both work - even then, you could probably just make whatever you're doing a map / level script (look it up) and safe space, time, and make things more professional and fluent.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Well, it isn't too hard. You need to compile the ASM after changing the YYYYYY offset to that of the images you inserted. Now, place that in some free space ending in an even number of zero. Then, you place the very first ASM code (the "change these bytes"), at the location specified and the pointer will go to the new routine you just inserted +1.

Cool thanks! My only problem now is inserting the image using tile molester.
How do I do it, and should I put it anywhere? Or at the offset specified by darthatron?
I couldn't find a tutorial on this anywhere!

Thanks, and sorry for so many questions

karatekid552

Years
Cool thanks! My only problem now is inserting the image using tile molester.
How do I do it, and should I put it anywhere? Or at the offset specified by darthatron?
I couldn't find a tutorial on this anywhere!

Thanks, and sorry for so many questions

I would say that you should get a copy of NSE 2.X. Then, open up the image and insert it into the rom uncompressed. Take the location you put it at and change the YYYYYY in the routine to that location.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've a question regarding ADVANCE MAP (using 1.95)

I want to make a hack together with a friend, and we both wanna map on the same ROM.
Is it possible to import and export maps from Advance Map?

Like: If he makes a map and saves it somehow. And when he sends it to me, can I load (import) it in or something?

If that's possible, could anyone please tell me how?

Many thanks in advance.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
File -> Map -> Save Map As
File -> Map -> Import Map -> Insert Map
You need to do these steps. Also, you can't just import the map without pressing insert as well. It just opens the map file if you do that.

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
Why does Advance Trainer give me the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77" every time I load a rom? I can't use the program, as the error repeats if I click Retry and Cancel, so I can only select Close.

karatekid552

Years
Why does Advance Trainer give me the error message "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8@modLZ77" every time I load a rom? I can't use the program, as the error repeats if I click Retry and Cancel, so I can only select Close.

Does this happen on every single rom? Even a clean rom?

If it does, try redownloading it and making sure you have the latest .net framework and such (can't remember what coding it was written in) but yeah.

Edit: now that I am looking at the error, I think it is having trouble loading an image in the rom. Lz77 is the image compression GBA games use, so it looks like it can't load one of the tiles and draw it to the screen.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a few questions!

1) Where does the free space in Emerald start?

2) This one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234124

The first post is for those using R/S/E I think. And the last post is for FR. I tried doing the FR one and the camera moved BUT it never returned to the player's position.

3) In FR, I tried using the S.S. Anne as a warp place. And the instant I got warped: I got to a pitch-black place and then froze on the spot. I already checked the map;bank thing and it's perfect but there's that error. Does that have anything to do with the ticket? Do I need it?

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
How do I change the level of a Pokemon? Specifically one that is given to the player/already in their possession, such as a Pokemon that just hatched from an egg. I know it'll probably require ASM scripting.

I searched through 11 pages of the normal simple questions thread and five pages here, but I couldn't find any concrete or exact answer to do this.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
How do I change the level of a Pokemon? Specifically one that is given to the player/already in their possession, such as a Pokemon that just hatched from an egg. I know it'll probably require ASM scripting.

I searched through 11 pages of the normal simple questions thread and five pages here, but I couldn't find any concrete or exact answer to do this.

No it doesn't need ASM it just needs some hex editing. I think I saw it somewhere on the Quick Research & Development thread in the R&D forum so check it out there! :3

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
Well, get a copy of NSE Classic. If you play with it enough on a clean rom, you can probably find the image in there (it may even be bookmarked in NSE) and then insert it into your rom.

I can't find the bag using NSE 1.7.5, the bookmark option is blank, nothing to display. In the plugins, I can only choose to edit the pokemons because the others shows an error msg that states that "BPEE (Emerald) is not supported."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back