• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sacred Fire, Divine Water [OOC-SU] [T]

Which Family is teh bestest evar?

• Total voters

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Well, if you really want to do your own, I would suggest GIMP. Its a program like photoshop, only completely free. There are lots of tutorials and brushes available online. Thats where I usually do my signatures. But my computer broke, and my sister hasn't really let me use hers, so I'm confined to a galaxy tab. (which doesn't sound all that bad, but its hard to do "magic" on here. My fingers are too big to draw amd such)

If you want more advise, pm me or send a visiter message...I'm kinda getting off topic, so we shouldn't fill up a whole page on this :3

EDIT: @ShinyDiamond, I can make one for you, if you want. Again, it would have to be Monday, however...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I thought an exact time might be a bit hopeful xD. I only asked because when looking through some people's profiles (being nosey and trying to get an idea of the times people are active) I noticed -grayscale- had not been active for a little while. However looking now I see they were back online as of 40 minutes ago. Which makes me look a bit of a fool and bit creepy xD can't wait to get started!
Stalker #1

Don't worry! I do that all the time xD
Stalker #2

Oh yeah Akio. I'm so proud of myself to actually get a signature done, even if all it is is words and the image from a personality test I took. . . ^.^'
Apprentice!! :D

I used to have the personality test image in my sig, but then I took a "signature exeeds forum height regulations" to the knee.
GOD DAMNED ARROW TO KNEE JOKES!

TAKE THIS!!
Spoiler:

___

In summary:

Meloetta, I could probably make you a high-tech signature (like mine) though it might not be for a while, since I still want to remake mine first.

Fantastic, back off of my apprentice D:<
... Kidding.
Or am I??
Nah, just messin' with ya.
Or maybe I'm not!!
Yeah, I am.
Not!
Ah whatever.

My point is (I have a point??) I can help my apprentice.

Also, yes, this is way off topic.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Well, if you really want to do your own, I would suggest GIMP. Its a program like photoshop, only completely free. There are lots of tutorials and brushes available online. Thats where I usually do my signatures. But my computer broke, and my sister hasn't really let me use hers, so I'm confined to a galaxy tab. (which doesn't sound all that bad, but its hard to do "magic" on here. My fingers are too big to draw amd such)

If you want more advise, pm me or send a visiter message...I'm kinda getting off topic, so we shouldn't fill up a whole page on this :3

EDIT: @ShinyDiamond, I can make one for you, if you want. Again, it would have to be Monday, however...

I think that will work. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2012
^.^' Oopsies, this conversation was my fault, I apologize!

But still, yes I would like a high tech one, but I don't mind the wait.

Ooookay, back on topic now, somehow. XD

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Okay I'll do my best to bring this back on topic!

Are we sure Mick Fizz and -Grayscale- are aware of the RP starting. They posted their sign ups around a month ago and things are easily forgotten. Thats not to say they have (perhaps they are working away at a mind blowing intro as we speak). Just think its worth considering.

I probably come across as an even bigger stalker with all of this pestering but I'd like to see this RP off to a good start. Also it'd be nice if we can get going before ~Genevieve~ goes away. We dont want to end up starting when one of the princesses cant post!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Mick Fizz has told me he hasn't really been sure where to start, but he knows this has started

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Thats good to know. Im going to say once again I'm not trying to rush the poor chap i was just wondering xD I'd rather Mick Fizz took his time and made a post he was happy with after all.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I know, I hope I didn't sound mean or anything, and if I did I apologize, just going through a bit of a hard time right now

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I guess Mick[ey] can take his time with his post. I can wait a little longer. *goes to a corner like a nerd & waits* O_o

But now I'm wondering what's keeping -Grayscale fromm posting. I want us to get started soon before my PC sister has to go away for a while.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yeah. We want awesome OP's, not lame easy ones.

But then again....it sure is taking a while.

Now I have extra time to draft my op! Mwahahahaha

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
I didnt think you sounded mean at all!

Now we need to find a way to get this back on topic as I seem to have derailed the thread once again with my needless worrying/impatience/general bothering of people.

Does anyone have any idea's as to how they are bringing their characters in? I'm assuming most (if not all) non princes/princesses are going to have their characters present at the New Moon Celebrations reacting to the speeches before encountering others. I personally will be starting with Mizushima-san there at least.

Another linked question would be how we stimulate interaction between the classes. For example between someone rp'ing as a common member of the family and one of the princes/princesses. I could of course be taking this too seriously and in this world the class system may be seen as permeable and unimportant (I am under the assumption the families mirror the clans of feudal japan). Just trying to gauge how closely we are mirroring feudal japan here. Im sure Tokushi-san has the answers here but others opinions would be interesting.

Edit: As you can tell im currently drafting my OP!

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
It seems to me to be the most logical and sensible place to start but i was curious as to whether anyone was doing anything different or just doing something unconventional with the setting of the festival. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
Full Name: Chucho Megami
Nicknames: Chew
Sex: Male

Family: Divine Water

Career: Coastal Patrol and Ocean Navigator
Appearance: Chucho is a very tan person as he often spends his time basking in the sun. He has emerald eyes and black hair that is somewhat long (he gets criticised for his hair a lot). When out on the ocean Chucho wears a very loose fitting blue tunic and a sun hat with simple sandals and loose fitting trousers. When off duty he dresses a little bit more formally, with a navy tunic and dress pants. This isn't as formal as most people dress, but Chucho doesn't mind dressing a bit less formally then the others around, even if he stands out.

Personality: Chucho is a very calm, relaxed person who doesn't require many physical items to be happy. His calm demeanor is very difficult to crack. He is a rather quite person, so occasionally people forget he is even around. However, since he is so silent, he can be something of a push over. The only time Chucho really gets involved in a conversation is when talking about the things related to him number one interest; the ocean. Some people have a hard time relating to him because they view him as obsessed with it.

History: Since Chucho was a young child, he had a fascination for the ocean. His Lapras, Serenity, was too small to carry Chucho across the ocean at that age, so he would constantly beg his parents to take him out and see what the ocean had in store. Chucho was a very energetic and noisy child at that age. It was difficult for his parents to say no to him; he would pester them and pester them until they agreed.

However, one night Chucho's and his father went out into the ocean. It was like most any day, with Chucho full of questions and his father trying his best to answer the onslaught. Like always, Serenity was with the two. The young Lapras had become a bit bigger then she was when she was younger, so they were considering to begin training her to take on passengers in the near future. However, Chucho noticed that the Lapras would constantly look up at the sky and back, and she was feeling nervous. Chucho of course felt nervous too, but he didn't want to spoil the trip for them, so he kept quiet about it. Then it happened.

A large wave slammed into the side of the small boat and sent it careening towards a large pile of rocks. They were moving so quickly that Chucho's father only had just enough time to toss his son out of the boat before the boat collided; he believed his son would have a better chance with his Lapras then on the boat. Serenity moved to Chucho's side, and for the first time he climbed on her back. She was a little strained with the extra weight, but she appeared able to carry Chucho's weight around. They both were terrified, and the storm was only getting worse; Serenity was struggling to keep Chucho safe while they desperately searched for his father.

They spotted a limp body floating among the waves of the ocean. They moved up to the form as quickly as they could to discover it was indeed Chucho's father. Serenity did her best to keep Chucho's injured father above the water during the storm, but she was already strained with Chucho's weight, let alone the weight of his father. If someone hadn't spotted them out there in the ocean with their blastoise, they could have all drowned. Chucho's father survived, but the rocks paralyzed him from the waist down. He could no longer walk, and was not fit to go out into the ocean or work anymore.

The experience had done something to Chucho. He became much more quiet and calm. However, where some people might become afraid of the ocean due to that experience, Chucho only became more fascinated. He studied up all there was to know about the world's oceans, and him and Serenity trained long and hard to become experienced sea goers. They learned to respect the nature of things, and to accept and adapt to the flow of things rather then trying to resist the tide.

Skills: He is a skilled navigator and knows a lot about the ocean. He is also a strong swimmer. He is skilled in using a spears and boa staffs.
Flaws: Chucho is no slouch on land, but he clearly has sea legs and works considerably better in and around water. His trident is a powerful weapon, but it is a rather slow weapon, meaning that if he isn't careful he could leave his defense wide open.
Weapon: He often uses a spear with multiple points; essentially a trident. On the hilt a smaller blade is located.

Pokemon: Lapras
Pokemon Name: Serenity
Pokemon Personality: Like Chucho, Serenity is a very calm person. However, she is has been a bit more worrisome then Chucho usually is. She can be very cautious and nervous, and she keeps a watchful eye over those around. Like most Lapras she is very kind and caring, and loves traveling with people on her back and enjoying the sea.

Pokemon History: Her history is mainly the same as Chucho's, however, her experiences with the storm changed her personality in different ways. She also became more timid, but rather then being more relaxed, she has become quite a bit more worrisome. She feels responsible for well being of everyone around, so she has become much more vigilant. One of the only times she can feel truly relaxed is when she is out with Chucho out on the open sea.

Pokemon Specialty: Serenity is very defensive, meaning she can sponge quite a few hits and keep on trucking. She is also quite strong, being able to easily carry heavy loads.

Pokemon Flaws: She can move and fight on land, but her speed is severely reduced. Even in the ocean, she can't move extremely fast compared to most water pokemon. Her moves are reasonably powerful, but lack the punch moves from more offensive pokemon pack.

Proof of Reading: The story begins when a trainer, out of interest, decides to enter a theater. Ladies, alongside the different forms of Evee, were performing. A team rocket grunt attacks the group, and the trainer fights the rocket member with his quilava. When he defeated the grunt, the director of the theatre was pleased with him. The director decides to tell the boy the story of the land of Johto from the days of old.

There are 14 different rules and two maps; one shows Johto before adding in the boundries of the two families, while the other has different colors representing each family's territory; Sacred fire for red, Divine water for blue.
(I wasn't sure how else to prove I read the post.)
Anything Else: I'm seriously surprised that in Divine water that Lapras is the only water type pokemon here. It's odd, though I do like the variety we have going on here.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I apologize for my lack of OP. I have been going through some serious stuff that ended up blocking me. I'll have my post ready as soon as I can today.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@Mick Fizz: No need to apologise! I should apologise for how I believe I have come across in my posts! Sorry if i seemed like i was moaning or rushing you at all it really wasnt my intention. I look forward to reading your post and meeting Masashi-san (Or should i perhaps say Densetsu-sama seeing as he is a prince)

@DJYOSH I was also pretty surprised but really the name is less to do with the types of our pokemon and is due to the family leader possessing Lugia. You'll have an easier time reaching the mainland being able to jump on your lapras though!

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I didnt think you sounded mean at all!

Now we need to find a way to get this back on topic as I seem to have derailed the thread once again with my needless worrying/impatience/general bothering of people.

Does anyone have any idea's as to how they are bringing their characters in? I'm assuming most (if not all) non princes/princesses are going to have their characters present at the New Moon Celebrations reacting to the speeches before encountering others. I personally will be starting with Mizushima-san there at least.

Another linked question would be how we stimulate interaction between the classes. For example between someone rp'ing as a common member of the family and one of the princes/princesses. I could of course be taking this too seriously and in this world the class system may be seen as permeable and unimportant (I am under the assumption the families mirror the clans of feudal japan). Just trying to gauge how closely we are mirroring feudal japan here. Im sure Tokushi-san has the answers here but others opinions would be interesting.

Edit: As you can tell im currently drafting my OP!
Please sir, Tokushi is my last name.

Also, the roles are pretty important. Being that really, there's only three levels, (Leader, Trio, Everyone Else) the difference between them is pretty important.

Spoiler:
You, sir, are Accepted.

I'd like to point out, the fact that your character is obsessed with the sea, reminds me of pretty much every swimmer character you have to challenge in the Pokemon Games. God I hate those water routes.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
I realised Tokushi was your last name but due to the fact we are not particularly familiar i thought it better to err on the side of caution (or in this case politeness) when addressing you. I will call you Akio-San if you prefer it but was unsure.

My question was more addressing the fact that apart from commoners with the roles of servants or aids the higher classes would simply not mix with the lower classes and was asking how we were addressing this? I'm assuming we are ignoring that fact as long as the proper respect is given to those of a higher social standing.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I was thinking that while I'm gone for a week or two starting Sunday, maybe Seraphina could be injured or missing to explain why no one in Divine Water can interact with her. Then when I return from my vacation I will either have her be healed or turn up suddenly (in a dramatic fashion) because I so love dramatic entrances lol

Back