• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I used to dislike Venasaur a lot. Then I saw how good it was in battling and had a whole new appreciation for the Pokemon. =P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Nostalgia made Charizard my fave pokemon. It was my first starter ever and my first lvl100 on my first game.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I'm the opposite! I liked Charizard a lot but, in my opinion, it is VERY OVERRATED. If I were asked to choose a starter, it wouldn't definitely be Charmander (or I'd pick Charmander and I'd never let it evolve, which is not likely going to happen, because I don't like having unevolved Pokemon lol). I kind of dislike Charizard :(

However, Venusaur and Blastoise are just amazing!

Honest

Hi!
Years
You mean competitively wise?

Charizard has its marks cause it's a really sexy flying lizard who burps fire, that's all.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
People now dislike Charizard because some others overrated him. But he is fairly strong.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like Charizard but I hate all of the hate it gets now I think it's kind of ridiculous. It's always been a cool Pokemon to me and my favorite Kanto starter and tied for my favorite Fire starter with Typhlosion. I like using Charizard,that's all there is to it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I honestly dont really care about the metagame and find it more fun to have the freedom of choosing anything I want in game, Ive tried competitive and for me, it takes the fun away. Having to use the right Pokemon and the right moves every single time is too restrictive and takes away enjoyment from the game for me.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Yes, I was speaking in a competitively way. Blastoise and Venusaur are better in my opinion. If it's not to use in battles, I like the three starters and their evolutions.

Years
Competitive battling never appealed to me, but I'm glad it's there for those people who enjoy it. Since I first played I always picked the 'mons that appealed to me for their designs, etc. and not for how well they were in the game (though sometimes I just had to leave them behind because I'd keep getting my butt kicked in gyms.)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
That's usually what I do when I get a new Pokemon game :P

I pick the Pokemon that appeals to me the most, visually. I don't check how good they perform or anything like that before I play the game, I wanna keep it a mystery while playing it :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I only play competitively viable Pokemon in competitive. Ingame, who cares?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'll play competitive Pokemon once I have the time to do so, and when my comp isn't crashing every 5 minutes. I'll most likely play Ubers though since OU never really appealed to me.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Truth be told, making a whole team from scratch just to compete is pretty hard and exhausting, not to say boring? I tried that once in my Platinum and I only got 1 of the 6 Pokemon I planned to train.

Fortunately, for those who just want to try how good a team is, there are plenty of tools on the Internet, which are very useful in that matter. So I go with these.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like that you can play on Showdown/PO if you want to battle, its pretty difficult to breed and train a great team in game, I don't think I would want to do all that just to battle online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back