• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
No$ hasn't been updated for half a decade. It's no surprise that desmume is kicking its ass.

If you want to try BW2 on no$, I've heard that this code fixes the save issues. (I've tested it, and it lets the rom load, although I get a freeze at the start screen.)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Hey I just got the Black ROM, and I havent played more than five or ten minutes of it because my pokemon dont gain exp.. :/ why is this? I use DeSmuMe 0.9.8x86

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I can't get my Black ROM to get an access point for WiFi to get my friend code :/ any ideas why?

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2015
I am using an r4itt flashcard to play B/w, and i was intending on using the randomizer action replay code, however it doesnt seem to be working on any AP patched roms. Does anyone have a work around? Or a romhack with randomizer built in?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I Just downloaded the latest DeSmuMe and when i start up my black rom it runs reeeaaally slow, like slowmottion. Im guessing there is something wrong with to settings, but im no good at that stuff, and i just wondered if anyone knows some settings that work?

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Would anybody possibly be able to help me with screen recording ?
Basically, i want to be able to record both screens of the emulator and whack them together for a youtube video.

Here is a sample video of what i'd like to record like.

Any help would be lovely.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I Just downloaded the latest DeSmuMe and when i start up my black rom it runs reeeaaally slow, like slowmottion. Im guessing there is something wrong with to settings, but im no good at that stuff, and i just wondered if anyone knows some settings that work?

Hmm..that usually happens if your computer is slow,also don't use any other programs or the internet while using the DeSmuMe,that tends to slow it down too.

Years
I have graphical problem while I'm fighting double or triple battles with trainers. The selection screen of moves gets crazy. When i check some move and I will choose another move, the frame from the first one won't disapear, it will still be. It happens only during double or triple battles. Here is the image of it:
hxxp://oi47.tinypic.com/1253r0i.jpg
hxxp=http
I think it shouldn't happen. When I was playing that play, exactly the same rom of pokemon White, it didn't happen, I am sure, but now something broke (maybe because I'm using new Desmume? When I was playing pokemon some time before, I was using older version of Desmume). How to repair it?

P.S. I tried to download new rom of Pokemon W, but it also happens. I broke something in settings of desmume. What could it be?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Hi

I am a bit of a n00b here, but I am wondering if you could help me with a problem I have with my Pokemon Black for no$gba. It doesnt run smoothly, every so often it freezes either when I talk to an in game person or mostly when I start a battle, the fight option never comes up. This hasn't been a problem up to now because I have saved very regularly but it is now a problem, has become a recurring thing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated but if you can't due to whatever reason I understand.

Appreciate it

Oakesy x

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
Hi

I am a bit of a n00b here, but I am wondering if you could help me with a problem I have with my Pokemon Black for no$gba. It doesnt run smoothly, every so often it freezes either when I talk to an in game person or mostly when I start a battle, the fight option never comes up. This hasn't been a problem up to now because I have saved very regularly but it is now a problem, has become a recurring thing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated but if you can't due to whatever reason I understand.

Appreciate it

Oakesy x

Easy solutions:

- Just use DesMume(must be on your computer not usb)
- Check your CPU(don't use too much programs like multiple browsers or facebook apps)
- Is your computer new/or old?
- Do you have the latest No$GBA?
- Fix you settings...

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Easy solutions:

- Just use DesMume(must be on your computer not usb)
- Check your CPU(don't use too much programs like multiple browsers or facebook apps)
- Is your computer new/or old?
- Do you have the latest No$GBA?
- Fix you settings...

I tried DesMume but it is unbelievably slow, my computer is pretty good and I am pretty sure I use the latest version of no$gba, wondering where this leaves me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Then use newer version of DeSmuME. If your PC is good, DeSmuME cannot run slow.

I am pretty sure I used the latest version of DeSmuMe :/ I couldn't get to the start menu on the game either though :(

Back