• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Journey of Possibilities

Should I add in pokemon following the character?

• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Prof Oakley

JourneyofPossibilities Creator
Years
splash_zps94415054.png

Game is on hold, I need to redo it.

Newer News: Apparently it isn't just me, which means I probably have to start all over with a clean game file and hope it works. I'll just write more of a story line other than the post story and start redoing it if I ever feel like it. So for now it's on hold.

There's a new beta/demo out! Get it while it's new! There's a .rar and .zip version and I unpacked the game for you to prevent some of the issues some people were having with it. I can't run battles on my laptop so anything after and including the level 30 arenas are not tested (but are set up the same way as the previous ones so it shouldn't crash your game or anything). I'd appreciate if someone could tell me on here or in a pm if they work (but do check to make sure I haven't already changed it on this post in the Arena section).

~~~~~~

Older News that's still useful:
Wild pokemon are now completely finished, as well as the Arenas, and even some of the game corner rewards ;3

Scripts/Help I need:
~Berries-> Anything they go into (poffins, blocks, whatever)
~Contests set up or scripts
~Soot sack information or scripts
~I also need scripts for things I may not know I want in my game :D​
updates_zpsf057e94d.png

*Note that just because it says it is finished, it may not be in the currently released beta.
I'm doing this as I go not as it is released*

The Main Plan (Beta releases)
This is mostly for me to keep my thoughts together, not really required for others. I like keeping all my information in one place and this won't get lost or stolen if my laptop kicks the bucket.
Spoiler:

Arena Challenges Progress
Spoiler:

Pokemon left to add
Spoiler:

Items Left to add *subject to change, suggestions welcome*
Spoiler:

Custom Music
Spoiler:

Legendary Pokemon (Statues)
Spoiler:

Legendary Pokemon (Quest/Story)
Spoiler:

intro_zpse206e600.png

I've been in love with pokemon ever since I can remember, never had my own copy until Ruby version, but mesmerized by the concept of catching your own little pets to fight and have an adventure with. I watched bits and pieces of the Anime, mostly the first season and this is where my inspiration for this game came from. Well, kinda. This game has a mix of the Anime, Colosseum, Mystery Dungeon, and random things I wish were in official games. I decided to make a game to cover as many aspects of pokemon as I can, while effectively making a game anyone could enjoy and would take a long time to complete fully. The careers people could have outside of being a trainer really is the main idea that got this game rolling, and so I am hoping to complete as many careers as possible from the games and the Anime. I'm hoping to get a game that takes hours or even days to complete the main story, but that's just the beginning of this game.

program_zps48b4810d.png

RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials: Currently Version 11 [S-HIGHLIGHT]*A.K.A. Not a Hack*[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

storyy_zps09781250.png

Pokémon are being seen less and less outside of their Wild Zone Reserves that give them a safe place to live in the Region of Oubliette. Scientists can't figure out why they don't choose to leave the Wild Zones anymore without a trainer, but they assume something is scaring them away. Eventually they were the only areas pokémon were seen that weren't owned by someone. To help the effort, Professor Juniper setup temporary labs across the region, using them to study the area for possible reasons pokémon couldn't live there anymore. Although nothing has been found yet, Juniper and other scientists aren't giving up hope that they will discover the reason and encourage pokémon to return to the wild and not live in the Wild Zones all the time.

Wild pokémon disappearing from the wilds doesn't stop young children from going on pokémon journeys, instead it gives them a center location to center their focus, the Big City. By staying in the Big City instead of staying in tents and sleeping bags, young trainers can have access to more opportunities and possibilities than if they were on long routes traveling to the next gym location or town. They can quickly travel by boat to a wild zone to catch and look for specific pokémon, battle in the Battle Arena instead of separate gyms, or stay in the Big City and use the resources available like the Daycare and Game Center.

Ever since you were a small child you wanted to enter and win the Battle Arena Competition of the Oubliette Region. Raised on a small farm near a small town, far away from the Big City where the Battle Arena Competition is held, you knew you'd eventually have to leave home to make your dreams come true. Your parents knew they couldn't deter you from becoming a trainer and so they instead chose to encourage you, saving up money and talking to Professor Juniper to get you to the Big City and the Battle Arena Competition.

mainpurposes_zpsf4b7fadb.png

• Defeat the Battle Arena/Obtain all the Achievement Tokens
  • Figure out what's happening with the wild pokemon outside of the wild zones
  • complete the pokédex (shiny, egg, regular)
  • catch all the legendaries
  • catch all the unown
  • win the contests *Not Implemented until scripts are done/found*

features_zps3ca1f480.png

• All 5 regions' pokémon are included to catch, breed, and battle
  • Instead of a gym system there is a main battle arena
  • instead of a badge system there are 40 'achievement tokens' to collect
  • 7 other slots for Achievements (In Spoiler if you want a hint)
Spoiler:

• separate regions for each wild pokémon type
  • custom egg pictures (up until and including Meowth is finished)
  • game center (this is where you get man-made pokémon and starters)
  • huge store with all items in it to buy (within reason)
  • custom music (taken from other game series)
  • Last pokémon message for important battles (In Progress for Beta 4.0)
  • VS Screen before important battles (In Progress for Beta 4.0)

Features Not Yet Included:

• each legendary pokémon has its own story line
  • ability to be a police officer, prof's intern, nurse, & more. (may not include all of the ideas but want to)
  • Training area with trainers you can battle over and over (also ranks up)
  • berries and possibly the things you make berries into (poffins, blocks, etc)
  • egg hatching run area (shiny hunting purposes mostly)
  • day care checker page (to see if an egg has been made)
arenabasics_zpsdbb89b7a.png

• centers around one type of pokémon in each match
  • 5 trainers in each match, like a bunch of mini elite fours/champions
  • once completed you get an Achievement Token for that type
  • there are 17 types so 2 levels of difficulty for each type, except dragon which has one (33)
  • increases in difficulty by five levels each set of matches
  • (first set is level 5, then 10, 15, etc, all the way to 55)
  • that makes a total of 11 difficulty levels, 2 difficulties per type (except dragon), 3 of each difficulty level a total of 33 arena matches, plus a Champion

screens_zps3366312f.png

In-Game:
Spoiler:

Story Plot *Contains minor help (if any) and won't spoil the story line for you*:
Spoiler:

Arena:
Spoiler:

Maps:
Spoiler:

Video(Needs a graphic Mental Note reminder)

links_zps4bfa82fd.png

downloads_zps933a285a.png

Most Current Beta Release, 4.0
.RAR format
.ZIP format
May 25, 2013

Information Pack(#1)
Has wild pokemon locations and evolution changes.
February 18, 2013

Beta Information
Spoiler:

Banners (I made them randomly out of boredom ._.):
Spoiler:

Credits:

~Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, not me.
~Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit
~Maruno and FL for helping me with minor script tweaks and problems I have.
~Tiles- Reck, Zein, chimcharfireworksd, Saurav, Alistair, Kyledove, Wesleyfg
~Malice- Pokemon Eggs
~venom12 and HelioAU- Last Pokemon Message Script (In Progress)
~AmethystRain- Vs. Intro Before Major Battles (In progress)
~Zingzags/Help-14- Pokemon Follow Script, Rick1234's Question/Tutorial (For the future, if wanted.)
~Rick1234- B2W2 pack
~Ultimate BW Pack: 7P-Sign, Clowcardruler, Major, Pokemon Black and White Animation Ripping Project, Maruno, Venom12, FL
~Unova Pack: FL for the pack, pokemon.txt, tm.txt edited back battlers and special form sprites. Venom12 for the icons, cries, abilities.txt, moves.txt and some tm (in tm.txt). help-14 for the original battlers. IceGod64 for some help with pokemon.txt Abilities. dannyboy601 for regional numbers.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The big city, is too big in my opinion.
In all fairness it looks like you just grabbed every building in your tileset and smashed it onto the map. Does it really need to be that big, and are all those houses really needed?

Prof Oakley

Years
The big city, is too big in my opinion.
In all fairness it looks like you just grabbed every building in your tileset and smashed it onto the map. Does it really need to be that big, and are all those houses really needed?

I'm redoing The Big City, but yes, all the buildings have a purpose. I even missed a few buildings after I made it that I had forgotten about. It's the only place you go to besides the beginning area that you can't travel back to that has any buildings.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So you're saying you HAVE to go in ALL those buildings.

Looks like the player will get mighty bored going from door to door like a salesman.

Prof Oakley

Years
So you're saying you HAVE to go in ALL those buildings.

Looks like the player will get mighty bored going from door to door like a salesman.

No... I'm saying all the buildings have a purpose. If you want to finish all aspects of the game, then yes, you have to go in most of the buildings.

You want to get the Arena beat so you can unlock things, go to the Arena. Want to buy things, you go in the stores. Want to catch pokemon, go in the harbor. Want to teach or delete moves, go in those npc's houses. You want to heal your pokemon, go in your house or the Pokemon Center. If you want to breed or daycare pokemon, you go in the daycare. You want to get the starter pokemon or the man-made ones, go in the game center and play the games. Want to get fossils turned into pokemon, go in the fossil hunter's house. Want to catch legendaries, go in the legends museum. When I get them set up, you go in the contest hall to compete in contests, the kitchen to make pokeblocks/poffins/etc. Some are placeholders and seemingly have no purpose yet because they are post-arena features and I have to figure out how I can do them that isn't too much like the original games.

If you actually read the information, I want to put all the features from the pokemon games, anime, and things I wish were in official pokemon games in this. Since I decided to center the region in one main city, everything has to be in there. I figured it would be easier than flying to one city to use the daycare, another to battle for 'badges', another to do this, for that, etc.

Prof Oakley

Years
Progress Update!
Working on the wild zones first and getting them mapped out before I do the Arena (may not have wild pokemon but just getting them up and running. Not all will be included in the next beta (dragon is the only one certain to not be included.)
Bug: 4/4
Fire: 6/6
Electric: 6/6
Water: 6/6
Ghost: 5/5
Grass: 5/5
Flying: 4/4
Ground: 5/5
Normal: 5/5
Rock: 4/4

Dark: 1/4
Psychic: 1/3
Fighting:1 /4
Ice: 0/3 *need to rip tileset*
Steel: 1/3
Poison: 0/3 *need to rip tileset*
Dragon: 0/2
So I have quite a bit to do, and I think I'm going to add in more than the six next Arena Challenges. My computer is a bit iffy so idk how much I should do with it not backed up anywhere... I've mapped the six Arena Challenges just haven't added in the pokemon trainers yet. Off to do some more mapping though.

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

Years
Progress Update October

Progress Update:

I've completely made all the maps for the Arenas and I just have to change the information for each new trainer (aka comment them and change sprites, they're just empty right now). I'm completely finished level 25 as of right now and was only going to go up to 30, but I might add a few more depending on how long it takes. (To be included in Beta 3). I've also been focusing more on the wild pokemon than the battles so I've been mapping all of those. Progress is on the first post and I'm updating that almost real time as long as my internet is up and running.

As of this post all bug species (that are included in the bug zones) are placed and ready for capture in the third beta. So one type down, 16 to go, plus all of the unown. The maps are finished for another 9 types so I wanted to I could get quite a bit of the pokemon set up but I'm a little difficult to focus on that kind of stuff and I'll probably mess up something so I'll wait a few days.

I also made a new title picture yesterday that is on the first post, alongside the old one for comparison. So some progress has been made and I'm pretty sure this will be the last title picture unless someone makes a really cool logo for the game, which I doubt will happen. There's a new bag too although most probably not the last and the girl's isn't different but it will be.

Sooo check the first post regularly as that's where most of the real time updates are going to be. Yay, the first of the story is almost finished :P I'm so excited.

Prof Oakley

Years
:D Game corner is now set up! I have the pokemon clerk set to give all the pokemon to the player and since you don't have to win any battle arenas you can get them as soon as you get to the Big City (and get enough coins). The item clerk is still not finished as the moves outside battle wont be needed until you go looking for legends which won't be done until you finish the battle arena, which isn't even done yet. AH I'm so excited I finally figured that out! I'm off to comment in the last battle arena and hopefully have a new beta for you guys for tomorrow (if it even will upload and compress and such successfully)

Prices:
Starters 8000 coins (level 5)
Kinda don't need to tell you who is a starter pokemon (At least I hope you know them)
Man-made 6000 coins. (level 10)
Porygon, Castform, Rotom

Also I have 5/18 pokemon types done completely (there are 18 including unown... don't get all weird). I decided to not worry about the wild pokemon working with the beta arenas as type matchups shouldn't deter you too much, but I'm still working on doing them as soon as possible. Also along that line of thought, I won't do the achievement tokens as I don't feel like spriting right now and I want to get some progress available to you guys (I've done a lot since the September 1st release of Beta 2.)

Prof Oakley

Years
Yet another update: I have finally finished commenting the trainers for the next beta's arenas. I just have to add in the pokemon for them but first I'm testing the previous ones since the types got lost somehow when I updated to Essentials 10. I added a ton of battle screenshots today and will hopefully get a new beta up soon although I've been saying that for awhile now... Anywho I have more testing to do so I'm going to go work on it.

EDIT: Instead of another post I'll just do this.. I've been having really bad headaches and stomach pain again lately so I haven't been testing or making anything like I should but I'm almost halfway done the Arena testing and I finally figured out how to fix the pokemon center thing when you lose a battle so you don't end up at some weird area. I also bought minecraft for xbox yesterday so I will be absorbed into that for a bit. I'm trying to drink some water and get rid of my headache so I can work more on the game but I don't know what tomorrow holds.

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

Years
My trainer types have (yet again) disappeared from my PBS file. So for the third, and probably not the last, time I am typing them in. I tested all the way up to the new arenas but the trainer keeps making me add him in so I don't know what happened. Frustrated to say the least. Trying to add in the types again and then the trainers pokemon. After that is the Beta 3.0 so if I can figure it out then it shall be soon, if not then it will be never.

Prof Oakley

Years
Attention:
I have just uploaded Beta 3.0! It is the halfway mark for the Arena challenges and takes you all the way to level 30! (that's 18 Arena's to challenge and defeat) The game corner is now functional and one of the coin reward people work (I still have some to add but those will be available in the wild anyway). Also it includes the new Big City so IF YOU PLAYED BEFORE, SAVE INSIDE THE BUILDINGS BEFORE PLAYING THE NEW ONE!!! (hopefully that caught your attention) I have not done all of the spriting for the Tokens so most of them are just a circle with a type name shortcut but I'll be working on them for the next beta. Speaking of the next beta here's some of the things (minimum) that will be in 4.0
~Two more levels of arenas (level 35 and level 40)
~Five more wild pokemon types completed (grass, flying ground, normal, and rock)
~The three fishing rods given out by the fisherman
~The maps for the fossil dig site, poison, and ice.
~More indoor maps for the big city (the cafe, fossil hunter, minimum. more possible)
~Possibly more graphics (if you want to make something feel free to ask via pm or just a reply, I'll have a list of what I want to change up eventually but it's pretty much everything)

So that's about it for an update post, I got a new beta and those are the plans for the next one as well as working more on the plans for legends and HM replacement items. I know I haven't gotten much feedback, or really any, but I'm still working super hard on this game. I'm off to do some more work on what I want to do for Beta 4, YOU should play beta 3 and tell me about how you like/dislike it :D

Prof Oakley

Years
New Screenshot today of a new feature I just included ;) wonder who she could be? (The sprite is a placeholder... so yea.)
Spoiler:

And I mapped more of the indoor areas, got some of the post-story story written, and will now go to do some of the wild pokemon types. (Poison and ice wild zones probably won't have the look I wanted them to have because I don't feel like ripping them)

EDIT: I took some screenshots of the indoor maps and redid a few pictures that were outdated. Also I didn't do wild pokemon types like I said .-. I'm a bad person but I'll try to do some now without getting distracted :D

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

Years
Another update since I wish to keep the thread alive. I'm adding in the vs screen images and the last pokemon message to the bosses for the Arenas I've already done, they might not have faces yet but I'm going to fill it in eventually. Starting with the last pokemon message, and I'll test after I get the vs screen done as well since the level 5 and 10 are both with only one pokemon so the last message is useless... :D

I did the fossils yesterday although they haven't been tested. I did the unown as well so people can start collecting them in Beta 4. I do need to find some over worlds that I'm missing, and make a custom one for the woman in the last post that has a prize for you ;)

Three pokemon types are left to add in and I already have the base for the floors done, just have to make them all fancy. All indoor maps are finished, I just need some music for some of them and they are golden unless I add in more features. Now to make the vs. screen picture for the people, and then testing to make sure everything works out. Still waiting on any feedback from someone who's played.. I had over 50 downloads for 2.1 so someone must have tried it. :/

Edit: One down ;) 32 to go (33, including the Champion) I'm doing it without names, but I'd like opinions on if a name would be wanted? I like it without, but if more people want it, but it wouldn't be too difficult to type in a name.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

Years
Update: I am testing out the vs. screens and last pokemon messages for the arena. So far the vs screens are working, I'm partially through level 10 since I got distracted by a couple side projects. I'll probably work on them in some form of order, one on one day then the next and so on. I do wish that it was as easy to change graphics on my rom hack as it is on this lol, took me two full days to get a working one and I'm only not messing with it because I don't want to screw it up again ><

Back to this game, I'm hoping to get all the wild pokemon included along with the whole arena in beta 4 so it will basically be a full game (just without legendaries or a story really). I'm pretty much done wild pokemon, only a few left to add in and map but I'll finish that probably before the arena is done. Then I'll figure out the last few npc trades I want to do, but that will be after I do the wild pokemon.

Prof Oakley

Years
Currently working on the vs screens still (I have felt like I got hit with a sickness lately, no idea how I got it or what it is but eh). When I got halfway though level 10, I decided to try and fix the unova backsprites and is now my current objective. They are tiny, taking away from a lot of the scary pokemon effect. So far I only have one done which is the news proof picture thing. Anyway, I'll get them all resized and positioned, then maybe do the opponent position adjusting.

Proof Picture Stuff! Come and see it while it's new and inviting with it's majestic qualities!!!
Spoiler:

I will keep testing the vs screens and last pokemon messages, but I'll do this first because I'm bored and like spriting more than battling at the moment.

EDIT: Some of the pokemon were too big or too small, some were odd proportioned to other species, etc. So I'm using bw sprites and completely doing them all on my own from 'scratch' taking ripped ones and sizing them for the game. Going to take awhile, but I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the weekend.

EDIT 2: Progress at this time for Edit one, making the sprites from BW
Kanto- Done
Johto- Done
Hoenn- Not started
Sinnoh- Not Started
Unova- Not Started
Unown Forms- Done

Last edited:

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
Oh...WOW!
This is very freakin' impressive and I can tell that a lot of work is and will be going into this.

I really like all the ideas you have (digging site; elemental areas as opposed to mixed terrains etc.) and I am absolutely looking forward to seeing this all happen!

I hope that you can finish this some day and it won't get abandoned at some point, because of how complex it is. I'd be sad, because your ideas have a lot of potentials. I am aware though, that it's a lot to do. Kudos, though. =D

Prof Oakley

Years
Oh...WOW!
This is very freakin' impressive and I can tell that a lot of work is and will be going into this.

I really like all the ideas you have (digging site; elemental areas as opposed to mixed terrains etc.) and I am absolutely looking forward to seeing this all happen!

I hope that you can finish this some day and it won't get abandoned at some point, because of how complex it is. I'd be sad, because your ideas have a lot of potentials. I am aware though, that it's a lot to do. Kudos, though. =D

Thank you oh so very much :) I'm almost done the first big chunk of it, some will require the help of scriptors but I'm sure that will happen eventually. It's nice that I finally got someone who seems into the game's set up besides me though. The real challenge will be getting people far enough in the game to test out the post story and legendary quests.
:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updates:
My laptop is being a jerk again, so unless its better in the morning I may not make much progress on this for a bit but that's what happens when you buy a cheap laptop on sale instead of a good one for a bit more. Hopefully I will have enough to get one I want with the Christmas money/scholarship/financial aid and I can work on it when not doing my school work.

Still working on resizing the sprites, but since my computer is stupid it isn't going so fast. I'm thinking about working on battle backgrounds soon too for the arena... might do those once I figure out how to line them up right, and I'm not a very good spriter so they won't look amaziiing. Yea, I sign up for classes tomorrow, so I won't be able to work on this until I get back from that. Fingers crossed that my laptop gets nice again.

Prof Oakley

Years
Updates: I finally discovered "labels" (I know, took me long enough) and how to use them so the harbor now lets you go back to the first selection screen after choosing any of the "nevermind" options. Say you picked the Bug-Ghost option, but wanted Poison, before you would have to talk to him again but no longer! (Once I release the next beta either 3.1 or 4.0).

Also I have added the evaluate pokedex option to Professor Juniper in the lab of the Big City and she hands out the Achievement Tokens for the pokedex requirements. They are in the list of achievements on the original post if you want to know the number. I don't want to spoil it for people who don't want to know. Working on getting the Female Assistant to hand over the unown token but I need help first, so I'll do that as soon as I get an answer or just make that token into something else.

Here's the Juniper pokedex evaluation and failure to get a token screens.
Spoiler:

Edit: Since I shouldn't post so soon after I just did, here's another update! I'm a workaholic today (lol). Anyway, here's a couple screenshots to show off what I did in the last hour.
It has to do with the fossil dig site :)
Spoiler:

Edit two: Second day;
I just got the professor's assistant to give out an achievement token for seeing all species of unown. I was going to have it captured, but I can't get the scripts to work so I'm going to add in a second prize for catching them whenever I can get it to work. Need proof? Good thing I took a screenshot! :D

Spoiler:

Edit 3: I feel like I should just wait and tell you guys in a few days ... .-. oh well.
I am changing the battle backgrounds for the Arena now, they will all look like the Arena they are in and match the platform you talk to the trainers on. Picture proof? Take this! *this is Level 15 electric arena, the current one I'm testing, may or may not test the ones before this but it shouldn't require it anyway*

Spoiler:

I'll just save the rest of the updates for another post in about a week or so. Yay, life! I also don't think I said this earlier... but I fixed the Game corner reward people so they send you back to the beginning of the conversation if you choose any of the nevermind options, and I added in the air balloon item. (HM Items will be 500 coins each and have one use so use them carefully) I also made the stand for the Legendary Statues but they don't look very good >.> maybe I'll post it or maybe I won't, I might try to fix it but I'm not so great at scratch spriting.

Last edited:

Prof Oakley

Years
Just added the rest of the wild pokemon, still have a few maps to make but I have their encounters set up. I then added snorlax to the game, I have a hint in the screenshots but here's his summary of the test's snorlax.
Spoiler:

Adding more of the trade pokemon on the list and mapping the wild zones. Oh, and last pokemon messages work, here's 15's electric one.

Spoiler:

Lastly, here's the statue stand, for the small and large pokemon statues (only zapdos is a statue in this photo, I haven't made any of the large ones.)

Spoiler:

EDIT: Another update without it being too long for another post, I added and tested the Ditto Addition. I'm kinda giving it away here but eh. I don't think many people will look through my posts for how to get things anyway when they'd probably find it just by looking around in the game.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back