• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that Need Sequels

Years
Are there any standalone games that you would like to see a sequel or spin-off for? Is there anything specific you'd like to see come of such a sequel?

pkmin3033

- Hyrule Warriors. The best Warriors game ever made, this absolutely needs a sequel, with more (non Breath of the Wild) characters, more game mechanics, more polish, and more...everything. If re-releasing it twice proved anything, it's that it can always be improved upon!
- I feel like Odin Sphere could use a sequel. It's about time Vanillaware made a game that was actually good again, so a sequel to the only good one they've ever made would make sense.
- Octopath Traveler, perhaps? This could use a prequel more than a sequel honestly, but it would still be nice to have similar games to this, and to expand upon the lore somewhat.

...there are probably more, but I'm struggling to think of games not part of a series. I'll come back to this.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
can they just fucking make/announce the Xenoblade Chronicles X sequel already plz

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
The World Ends With You 2. Final Remix flat out teased it. However, it's clearly never being made. Ever. 😒

Final Fantasy X-3. Say whatever the hell you want. I want this. Bonus Audio flat out teased it and there's A LOT of interesting things they could do with it. Further connections to Final Fantasy 7 being the most obvious due to the connection at the end of X-2. Along those lines... I'd say they could do things like a 'Jenova Prototype,' Spira versions of the 'Weapons' (not the fiend versions from X & X-2), and even possibly a Red XIII ancestor. They can call it 'Red I' or just 'Red' for short I guess. It could maybe be a fiend that gains sentience or something that 'adapts' and/or 'mutates' to look similar to Red XIII from FF7.

A new .hack game. This series is SO MUCH BETTER than SAO it's not even close. Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

A new Klonoa game. This series also needs to make a comeback. No one else here will even know what it is except me and that makes me sad. A trademark was made for a possible Crash/Spyro-esque remake for the game so maybe that can be the start of it. That's my hope anyway. Again Bandai are unwilling a-holes.

Speaking of which...

Crash Bandicoot (original-esque games). It did well enough and there are rumors a new game is coming so this may actually happen. Though I also wouldn't mind N. Sane-esque remakes of Wrath of Cortex & Twinsanity

Spyro the Dragon (original-esque games). Same as above but I don't know if it did as well as the Crash remake did. It doesn't matter because I still want it. I would also take Reignited-esque remakes of Enter the Dragonfly & A Hero's Tale. I don't care if these two games got bad reviews and/or sucked. They can fix them. They clearly should. They clearly will.

But what the hell do I know?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
A sequel to Golden Sun DD
You can't just come up with a new plot setup, introduce new characters, relationships, world building aspects, antagonists, leave on a cliffhanger and let that be it just because the numbers didn't look as pretty as you'd like them to be.

Years
I think I said this, but Dynamite Headdy for the Sega Genesis should get a sequel. He was awesome! He's basically a puppet who uses his head as a boomerang to defeat his foes. But there was more than just the head to the story. Let's make it happen. Someone start a kick-starter.

Years
A sequel to Golden Sun DD
You can't just come up with a new plot setup, introduce new characters, relationships, world building aspects, antagonists, leave on a cliffhanger and let that be it just because the numbers didn't look as pretty as you'd like them to be.

I had to look through this thread to see if someone also said Golden Sun because, as far as forgotten gems in Nintendo's backlog, Golden Sun is pretty up there in terms of "would be great on current generation consoles". While Dark Dawn was innovative just for being in 3D, expanding on the lore, and revamping some aspects of the battle system, it was far from the epic that is both the first and second game combined. A big, sprawling JRPG adventure is always going to be welcome on the Switch, and Golden Sun is a great candidate for such a title.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
Years
Yo, Kirby Air Ride is cool. Can we, like, get a second Kirby Air Ride?

Oh my god I remember that game! I used to play it A LOT. While it would be interesting to have a sequel, it's one of those games where it may be better as a remastered edition with graphics. That unless of course you want to add a full blown story mode... Sort of similar to the style of the old Diddy Kong Racing game. Either way that would be really awesome.

I would like to see a remake of Tomodachi Life. I never got to play it for the 3DS, but watching the game play of it I would not mind seeing it come out for the Switch seeing as a lot of people love that game. I could still buy the digital version buuuuuuut I don't play with my 3DS frequently enough to do it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
i know technically it already has sequels in the form of legends and origins, but a true 3D platforming successor to Rayman 3, or rather the two 3D era rayman games (so 2&3) would make my whole year, probably the decade. childhood, come back!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I would like to see a remake of Tomodachi Life. I never got to play it for the 3DS, but watching the game play of it I would not mind seeing it come out for the Switch seeing as a lot of people love that game. I could still buy the digital version buuuuuuut I don't play with my 3DS frequently enough to do it.

Oh yeah, Tomodachi Life! Even though Tomodachi Life is a sequel to the Japan-only Tomodachi Collection, we need more Mii content on the Switch. Heck, maybe even a Miitopia sequel will do.

Years
... *Ahem* EVERY GAME IN MY TOPIC OF GAMER OBSECUREA!!!... Though I do have some there that stand out above others to me I want to see remakes or sequels.

SolatoRobo; When we can't get a Skies of Arcadia HD; then we go Furry... Before I get laughed at or judged, Solatorobo is a beautiful game about an anthropod dog and his sister finding a 4-500 year old animal set on completing a ritual that if someone isn't sacrificed, then all existence ends... No world domination, just simply ends. What make's the game beautiful? Well, for starters, your world is a cluster of floating islands in the sky and every screen, every level of it is just... Well; IF I had to be stuck in a video game world until it's beaten, I would pick this world almost any day of the week. It deserves a remake or at least a sequel, but we're not going to get it; the folks over at Atlas and Cyber Connect created an android game they're getting all the $$$ out of from it's user base. The particular art style of Solatorobo won't be seen again until the spiritual successor of it, Fuga: Melodies of Steel, comes out sometime this year... So I'm kinda bummed and angry because its a beautiful world with new opportunities to explore and an IP I think could do well if given the proper attention.... It won't happen.

*Slumps back in Easy Chair in the house of Obscurea*

Other title's, some from my long list in my topic and some that are not.

Cave Story; while I know the original is wrapped up and Pixel won't grace us with a sequel or prequel, but the game's mechanics are too tight and I've already played the original to death and back and own it on every platform that it can be bought from PC, the remake, 3DS, Wii and the Switch... I can't get anyone to Co-op with me on the switch so I'm bummed about that too. We'd be better off making a sequel to it of our own ourselves; IF anyone want's too, I can program a little and am willing to undergo a small project like this providing someone can compose music and another can a little with the sprite art.

Oni; I've talked about this one to death, a platforming adventure with fighting game mechanics and FPS mechanics Naruto among other fighters should have taken stronger notes from. Developed by Bungie and published by Rockstar; the title wasn't a huge hit and has had a sleeper cult following. It's one of those games that you need to simply check out on your own at your own pace or watch a full play through, If you like blood pumping action, FPS and guns in a novel old fashion anime package from the early 2k, I recommend looking it up. Reading this is time wasted you could be hunting, buying and pirating this title, especially playing it.

Finally, a Rayman 2 sequel. Not another port and not Rayman 3. A Rayman 2 where you have to travel from level to level, earning new powers and back track a little to other levels to find new things. Maybe even an open Hub World like in Rayman Revoloution. If I see another port of Rayman 2 again though, so help me...

Back