• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Well there are many things you can do if you want I'll list them

If you want to open it in G3HS there is a INI named pokeroms.ini drag that into G3HS folder and replace it then it will give u errors that's fine then it should give u a recovery option and the values for each are as follows

Number of mons = 1020
Number of abilities = 156
Number of types = 24
Number of moves = 511

If you want to open it in PGE(must have the latest version of it) there is a INI named Pokemon Fire red 1460 rombase put that where your patched rom is and rename the rom file the same as the INI then go into PGE and do whatever u like

If u want to go into advance map 1.9.2 to view the expanded mons open up advance map 1.9.2 in a Hex editor preferably HxD then go to this offset D027C then change 9C 01 to the number of expanded mons in Hex

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Did u put in the offsets that are in the PGE INI? can u show me a picture of your INI

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Heads up people I'm creating another version of this base except with a few different things so you now have the descion of either using one version or another

So basically what this version is its a remake of my 1460 base but I actually shrinked it to 1020 so the GBA can handle it better of course all the features will still be there but here's the one problem that the 1460 base had the problem was from 1021 to 1460 u couldn't create data for them which makes sense because G3HS only goes upto 1020 and Dosent already told us this before that the current limit of Dex entries u can aquire in a Fire Red rom is 999 so there's that too

Also with this new version glalie' cry has been fixed along with all the data has already been inserted I just need to add the high quality cries to this base and yeah that's one of the new features in this base and not on the 1460 base and also need to also do the BW2 repel system so there's that for me to do as well.

Sorry for the long post but there's two more things that need to be said here

1. Okay so before I started this second version i patched Ollie11 evolution patch v0.9 now question since all the new evolution method routines have been inserted do I have to do anything to it or is it already done for me such as do I need to still expand the table at offset 42FC4 and also do I need to do anything for step 2.

2. Yeah this is maybe a issue on my end but for some reason when I'm trying to change where I want my mega evolution code to be I put save on it then I compile it then I go through the process to create the test.gba file then I open test in HxD and I go to the offset I wanted it to change to and it's all FF bytes I don't know why it's not working it used to work for me if someone could maybe try this out for me later and see if one of you can get it working that would be good

Oh yeah one more thing this took me all one day for the second version and I'm already only need two more features left to go till I'm done with this version all thanks to importing of data between one base to the other and by that I don't mean copy and paste no... I mean using PGE and imported all data that isn't the sprites and icons and did the sprites and icons and now I only have two features left to do :)

Years
Sorry for so many questions but I have two left.

1. I got all 3 programs to expand but the only one I am still having problems with is Advanced map. I expanded the amount of pokemon but I can't see any past the Unknown. All that is there is TEMP. I have a screenshot of it.

2. Can I use this base to edit things in programs like Advanced Trainer or Advanced Starter, or is there another way to edit Trainers and starters that I have to use.

2016-05-03.png

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
You can use UTE in MRDS thread if u download his base there will be a INI for it and for advance starter u should be able to buy for that I recommend using the one built into PGE as its better and will work with this base as I know so far

And as for the advance map thing I may have to get back to you on that

Salintra League Master Jason

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
When I try to use PGE to add more Pokémon, I get an error when trying to edit any slot beyond Volcanion. I even tried creating .INI files for the extra mons and imported them, but I still couldn't edit the extra slots. I have no idea how to use pointers in .ini files (or anywhere, for that matter). Why can't I edit any of the slots past Volcanion?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Oh yeah I forgot to mention regarding that

For this for anyone who wants to add Pokemon past volcanion wether it be fakemon or not although I don't know why you would do fakemon then this is what you must do

1. If you want to add sprites past volcanion what you have to do is open up A-Series Pokemon Sprite editor and start after the volcanion Sprite and just insert sprites

2. If you want to add sprites past volcanion what you have to do is open up A-Series Pokemon icon editor and start after volcanion icon and just insert all you want Note(the reason I don't want u to use G3HS is because the icon editor on it sucks and the colors won't look good

3. If you want to name the mon go start after volcanion and then just write a name and include the stats and data and that's all

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I don't have any sprites for them yet. Well, I have sprites for every mega, but that's not what I'm currently trying to add. I'm making a hack with 162 Fakemon and even more Megas. But I don't have sprites yet because I'm still negotiating over that. So, how do I add without adding sprites?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
What do u mean by that what I got from that is your still trying to figure out wether to add the sprites or not and also u want to I assume add the data but not the sprites in that case do what I said in G3HS and create your own data and names u can then add sprites later

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
Thanks for the info. And by "negotiating", I meant that I contacted a spriter, but they only work for money, so I need to negotiate a price with them.

EDIT: When I tried to use G3HS, It deleted everything in the ROMbase after value 411, returning it to just gen 1-3 Pokemon. Luckily, I have a backup of the ROMbase, but how do I get G3HS to not do that? I had to re-expand the number of 'mons, and everyone after the Chimecho slot was lost. Also, how do I get it to recognize all the moves?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay this is normal what you need to do is there is a pokeroms.ini in the downloads put that in your G3HS and replace the old one then try it and it should give you an error then a recovery option and then for the values as I've said before

Pokemon = 1020
Moves = 511
Types = 24
Abilities = 156

Years
Hey, last thing, I can't seem to get a download for UTE anywhere, the download link on Jambo's thread won't download it.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Sorry dude I don't have it on me you may have to ask someone else or go to that one thread where they reupload download links to programs from that security breach incident

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
I got another error trying to do that, it reads as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.Tools.Recovery", line 145, in Submit
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\lib.Tools.Recovery", line 30, in Recover
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\ConfigParser", line 607, in get ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'ALL'

What do i do to fix this?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
If that's the G3HS then that's what u want then it will show u a recovery option and then put in these values

Number of mons = 1020
Number of moves = 511
Number of types = 24
Number of abilities = 156

Salintra League Champion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 9, 2016
No, it gave me that after I put in the values. So I put in the values again, and the same error showed up, followed by the same repair prompt. I tried again, and the process repeated. Are you sure there's not something I'm missing?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
in that case paste this in your ini and test it and paste it either in [0002] or [0000]

Ini
Spoiler:

Back