• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Houndoom Ultimate Solo Run(Fire Red) Update12(Final):

-5th Gym badge
Went into Safari to take surf and gold teeth(or sth like that) to take strength
found a doduo caught it for fly slave
Beat 5th gym badge by using flametrower and crunch

-6th Gym badge
Beat Giovanni again went to the fighting gym just for some extra exp
Psychic gym leader beat her easily by abusing "crunch"

-7th Gym Badge
Surfed the way down from Pallet town, went right into the mansion beat some trainers found the key
Opened 7th gym beat him with the help of crunch

-Tour to 1-2-3 of Sevii Islands
Saved the little girl from the Hypno, bla bla

-8th Gym Badge
And beat giovanni again for the final time
Healed my Houndoom, beat Gary also

-Victory Road
Did some decent training found some good moves!

-Pokemon League
Simply Beat E4+Gary no real problems
Moveset At that time:
+Flamethrower
+Crunch
+Solarbeam
+Secret Power

-Back to Sevii Islands
Found the ruby found the saphire but a lunatic scientist took it from me
Went to his place and beat him until he give me back my Saphire
Gave it to Bill

-Pokemon League 2nd Time
Same moveset as before, beat E4 after Lance
Learned to my Houndoom Overheat over Solarbeam/ Sludge Bomb over Secret Power
Had some problems with T-tar Sludge bomb-Hyper Potion-Sludge Bomb-....
Did that until his earthquake was out of PP beat T-tar and the rest of his team...
Champion For the 2nd Time

Pokemon Used Throughout Game
Ace The Houndoom LvL97(Nature: Impish , not so good but naaah)
-Flamethrower
-Overheat
-Sludge Bomb
-Crunch

Squirtle The HM Slave
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Rock Smash
-Strength

Doduo Fly Slave
Rattata Cut Slave

PS.Pics in the Spoiler
PS2 I'll start Silver sometime soon :)

Spoiler:

Years
Hey. would you mind adding a second part to the list, at the bottom. Almost like an extended challenge.
Could you add this?~ http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277207 (Also, I forgot to add under "Format to Submit": "-Tell what game you beat it in.")
I think it would be a great idea and see who could beat the elite Four under difficult circumstances.

In the National Pokedex order, you would list the Pokemon per region that it has been beat with. Then in parantheses, you would list the Username of who did it, the level of the Pokemon, if items were used or not, and the game. Also, in front of the Pokemon you would list how many times it had been beat with.
For example:

Spoiler:

and so on.

Of course, to beat the solo challenege, this wouldn't be nessecary. This would be just a fun addition.
Please do consider! After some PMs with a Moderator, he said I could just ask you to add it instead of making a new thread.
Thanks!

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I just found my Pearl version, so why not!

For extra fun, I'm going to surprise myself with my solo pokemon by trading in a random egg and seeing what hatches out of it.

Years
This seems like a good time waster so why not try.

I'm going to solo pokemon crystal with a weezing because the koffing line is like the best line ever.

That was quick so here's an update.

-Did the basic opening stuff that people have been through hundreds of times so there is no point in describing it.

-After that I used a code to get a koffing early because I can and pretty much have to.

Here's the rising star:

Malboro the Male Koffing lv.5
Stats:
HP:20
ATTACK:12
DEFENSE:14
SPECIAL ATTACK:11
SPECIAL DEFENSE:10
SPEED:9

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Quagsire Ultimate Solo Run Update #3(End of Kanto)

Well I beat Fire Red so i guess Gold is up next! For anyone else doing this challenge, if you use a pokemon in Fire Red who is from a different generation, such a Quagsire, you have to unlock the National Pokedex so your pokemon can evolve. Well due to this i wasn't able to go into the Elite Four until I completed Sevii Islands 4-7. But, even after that, it didn't let me fight the Elite Four, so i just used walk through walls to get around them. Hope that helps you if your stuck. But anyways, screenshots are below.

Final Team:

Quagsire aka Quagmire(Level 91)
-Strength
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

Bulbasaur aka Slave(Level 15)
-Sleep Powder
-Flash
-Rock Smash
-Cut

Pidgey aka Fly(Level 9)
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Gust
-Fly

Lapras aka Lapras(Level 25)
-Mist
-Waterfall
-Confuse Ray
-Perish Song

Last edited:
Years
Beating your basic starting pokemon

This is just the start but I can see that Malboro will be a beast soon enough (when I get past all these rock and ghost types that is)

As for the update:

-After some grinding I decided to start my adventure and what better way to start off by going through routes and defeating trainers that don't have pokemon past lv 5.
-When I arrived at Violet city, I decided to do the Sprout tower
-After beating the Sprout tower (with little effort) I challenged the gym.
-Beat Falkner without a major problem although mud slap was kind of a pain and got the badge (you don't say)
-After that did some random stuff like the Ruins of Alph, Getting the Egg, etc.

All in all it was easy but that was just the start (I fear of Morty but that will be later)

Pictures in the thumbnail attached part

bullrex

The Grass Dragon
Years
This Looks Awesome, wanna try an Ultimate run with crobat, straight as Crobat because can't evolve, or should I start as Zubat ?

Years
More of the action

Nothing witty to say so just getting to the update:

-Went through the route and rock tunnel connecting Violet City to Azalea Town
-Did the Team Rocket part with ease (except for the damn zubats with supersonic. It's seriously upsetting).
-After that I challenged and won (what a shocker) with relative ease (being a poison type and all)
-Got challenged by the rival and got annoyed with gastly's hypnosis and zubat's supersonic but I prevailed.
-Went through Ilex Forest (but first getting cut of course) and the route that follows.
-When in Goldenrod City I did the normal shenanigans. (Only thing of note is that I got Fire Blast after a long time in the game corner and taught it to Malboro)
-Before taking on the gym I went into the routes and fought the trainers for extra levels and to get the quick claw.
-After that I challenged Whitney and won without any effort (thank you high defense and good luck with fire blast)
-After that I did the usual stuff to get to Ecruteak City (Sudowoodo)
-Collected the item's around Ecruteak City and got Surf
-Did the Burned Tower stuff (the rival was annoying because his Haunter used spite and took away all the pp to fire blast)
-After that I went to the gym and beat all the trainers but didnt challenge the gym leader (that's for next update)

Malboro is being a beast and he hasn't even evolved.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
This Looks Awesome, wanna try an Ultimate run with crobat, straight as Crobat because can't evolve, or should I start as Zubat ?

I think a lot of people evolve their pokemon(such as how I am doing an ultimate solo run with Quagsire but I started with Wooper) but I don't think their is a rule against it, so I think you can do whatever you want really.

bullrex

The Grass Dragon
Years
@xKingGx :Thank you for telling me that it isn't against the rules, but I think I'll start as Zubat instead.

Okay with things settled I'm starting an Ultimate challenge with Spade the Zubat/Golbat/Crobat

First log :
-Started game with the name Shiro
-Named rival Fluke
-Chose Zubat as starter
-Defeated Fluke
-Delivered Oak's parcel
-Caught A Spearow (Slave no.1)
-Beat Fluke
-Astonished/Leech lifed everything in Viridian forest
-Learned supersonic
-beat Camper
-Beat Brock with super sonic-astonish combo, left unscathed

Last edited:
Years
The End

I went through the whole of Kanto in under a hour. Red was easy because Malboro's sludge bomb one or two shooting everything and high defenses were helpful when the opponent landed a hit on me. All in all it was fun to do and I shall be doing more (probably a hoenn run)

bullrex

The Grass Dragon
Years
Update

Second Log
-Running shoes get
-Beat Trainers in route before mt.moon
-Spade learned Bite
-Beat trainers in mt.moon
-Spade forgot leech life and learned Wing Attack
-Spade Evolved into Golbat
-Chose Helix Fossil
-Beat Misty
-Beat every trainer between Cerulean and Vermillion
-Beat Trainers in SS Anne
-Spade Forgot Wing Attack and Learned Air Cutter
-Spade forgot Supersonic and Learned Confuse Ray
-Spade Evolved into Crobat
-Beat Fluke
-Cut get
-Beat Surge

Team :
Spade/Crobat :Level 37
Moveset :
-Air Cutter
-Confuse Ray
-Bite
-Astonish

Last edited:

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
All right I haven't updated but in short I'm at the elite four well Bertha and can't defeat here is luxray stats.

Tiagrio the luxray Lv 80
Item: shell bell
Nature: bashfull
ability: Rivalry

Moves
Hidden power (ground)
Discharge
Crunch
Thunderbolt

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
I want to start challange in Gold with Espeon but should i hack espeon or an eevee in the game

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
You may want to hack Eevee at the start of the game. Make sure that you evolve your Eevee in daylight, lvl 30, so when it evolves, it learns Bite.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
I'm gonna join I didn't see a layout for the registry form so I'll just use one that sees to do everything

Name: Xineop
Game: Black
Pokemon: Starmie (obviously)
Ultimate: Oh god hell no

If there's anything else just say and I'll add it in another post

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
Ok i am joining then.

Name: Punnag
Game: Silver
Pokemon: Espeon