• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2017
NOTE: A separate set of patches that change the level curves throughout the game to be more streamlined, are now included with the Final build.

To be clear you're supposed to only use 1 patch, correct?
I'm asking because I tried using both patches and I got an error.

So I assume that the level curve patch is the base patch with the obvious addition of the level curve.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
Are all pokemon available in this hack? If they arent can you make this a 493 hack?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
Hey BlazingMagmar can you update the nds file that patched can you?
If you can give a link because I can patch this with the Xdelta

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Is the reaper cloth in this game/working? if so where do you find it?
I updated the reaper cloth to work like the rest of the trade evolution items so yes it works. But since you cant find duskull until post game it is found in the same place as the original. (Mt. Silver Cave)

if this has decapitalization, than it will be the best sideshow hack for heart gold

thanks for ur effort!

The idea didnt seem to appeal to me so I just didnt bother. However, after being asked by a few people, I have decided to add a decap patch to the hack with the latest release, which is available now ;)

Can you do something for fix slot machines and maybe add a function to delete pokégear numbers?

Sorry I tried to restore the slots, but the coding has been removed from the game and i have no idea how to restore it. Same with pokegear numbers. Hacking gen 4 roms at this time is very limited.
As I have stated i am pretty much finished with this hack, but should there be bugs to fix I will fix them asap and if needed i may update pokemon movesets further but thats only if its in demand.

I have updated the Known bugs section:

-Fishing at Night with a Good/Super Rod will have a 1 in 5 chance of spawning a glitch pokemon (Missingno). Although it is harmless, do not try to catch it or the game will crash. Simply run or fight it, either option ends the battle anyway. This bug is present in most hacks of HGSS and there doesnt seem to be a fix for it as of yet. - fixed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
The fishing bug is more than likely just Desmume being a pile of garbage. For instance, the first and every fifth set of defined headbutt trees simply don't work in Desmume, yet do on the physical NDS. I can investigate more if you have a save-file and an idea of which maps this occurs on, if not all of them. I checked your actual encounter files and with the exception of the last four bytes missing—swarm encounters, it shouldn't affect anything—everything seems in order. And fishing encounters don't differ by time-of-day, so it's more than likely an emulation bug.

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
Sorry I tried to restore the slots, but the coding has been removed from the game and i have no idea how to restore it. Same with pokegear numbers. Hacking gen 4 roms at this time is very limited.
Can you at least modify the Voltorb flip to ask you 3 coins before start every game? 3 coins to play every time?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
I noticed in the heart gold version the pokegear isn't working, no calls when you answer it just drops the call. is there any fix already out?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I noticed in the heart gold version the pokegear isn't working, no calls when you answer it just drops the call. is there any fix already out?

hmm its working perfectly fine for me?

Did you patch a (E) rom?
You have the Latest version?

Can u make a vid of gif of the problem?

Back