• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
I bred a female pinsir with a male heracross with close combat. The egg move close combat wasn't passed. I tried this a lot of times. I bred a female pinsir with a male scyther with quick attack, and it passed the egg move.
There's a slight typo in power bracer.

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
I bred a female pinsir with a male heracross with close combat. The egg move close combat wasn't passed. I tried this a lot of times. I bred a female pinsir with a male scyther with quick attack, and it passed the egg move.

Seems to me that I'm not the only one having egg move problems...

@Azurile13
anywaaaaaaay, HAS ANYONE CAUGHT A HUGE POWER BUNNELBY/DIGGERSBY?
The only way I could get a Hidden Ability pokemons is through Hidden Grottos, Honey Trees, Safari Zone, and Cerulean Cave right? From the list, bunnelby/diggersby doesnt have any of those :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019

@Azurile13
The only way I could get a Hidden Ability pokemons is through Hidden Grottos, Honey Trees, Safari Zone, and Cerulean Cave right? From the list, bunnelby/diggersby doesnt have any of those :/

Won't breeding with hidden ability ditto do it?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Before I say something stupid, you need to give the ruby/sapphire to Celio and get the national dex ( caught 50 pokemons ) to enter cerulean cave right?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 24, 2019
Hey again azurile. Amazing hack!
I am loving the TM list, the tutors, the Legendary switch... everything!

I got my Gilgar, got that toxic orb from the traded Chansey.
Now question is - how do I evolve Gilgar? I need a razor claw and level up at night time. Now that FireRed has no clock and this items is practically unobtainable in the original game.... does any pokemon have it ready when catching?
I want to have my Gliscor ready before fighting the E4 for the first time.

And lastly, I have all badges, but I am not getting the option to go to the Islands. Blane is just sitting there in his gym doing nothing. Any ideas? Any additional triggers you introduced?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Can you show the time in game? I want to evolve my budew has hidden abillity. So I modified my android clock many times, but only Illumise appears at celuran city... I got my budew spending 5 hours. So I really want to evolve it...please help... Sorry for my bad english
Hmm well it should be based off of your devices time. And Illumise has nothing to do with time of day. Are you sure it has reached the happiness requirement? It isn't just a day requirement - I think it also needs 220(?) happiness.
Omg. I'm so mad. You guys with egg move troubles - do me a favor and test this. Withdraw the parent with the egg move, put that egg move in the second, third, or fourth slot of its moveset. Place it back and let me know if that fixed it -_- Also fixed that typo, thanks.

@Azurile13
Sevii Island Pokemon can have hidden abilities too. Also, could you test out what I requested of Nuisance just above please? :)
Before I say something stupid, you need to give the ruby/sapphire to Celio and get the national dex ( caught 50 pokemons ) to enter cerulean cave right?
Yep. I also added the requirement that you need to rematch the E4.
Hey again azurile. Amazing hack!
I am loving the TM list, the tutors, the Legendary switch... everything!

I got my Gilgar, got that toxic orb from the traded Chansey.
Now question is - how do I evolve Gilgar? I need a razor claw and level up at night time. Now that FireRed has no clock and this items is practically unobtainable in the original game.... does any pokemon have it ready when catching?
I want to have my Gliscor ready before fighting the E4 for the first time.

And lastly, I have all badges, but I am not getting the option to go to the Islands. Blane is just sitting there in his gym doing nothing. Any ideas? Any additional triggers you introduced?
Thank you! Actually, this hack uses a real time clock (your emulator needs to support it). You can get the razor fang (and claw though, too, so whatever) in a pokemart in the sevii islands, so unfortunately, you can't get it until after you beat the E4 the first time. A lot of those items are found after the E4, but since some of them are part of the regional dex, I'm thinking that it may be a better idea for me to add them as overworld items in Kanto.

The Sevii Islands are purely post E4 for this hack. I did this to allow them to be higher level and to allow them to have the remaining national dex pokemon without feeling too overwhelmed with varying species.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 7, 2017
Is there any page or documents about this game? Pokemon lists or new things(like the honey tree that I still dont know what it does)

Finding only bunnelbys/starlys/bellsprouts is driving me insane with my nuzlocke, but I'm loving it. I also have a question about the difficulty. How are they determined? I was trying to go on medium, and at the gym battle Misty has 4 fucking lvl 28 pokes, so I just went with the easy difficulty for it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 18, 2016
I just want to thank you for the hack. I hope others will follow your lead and make hacks similar to this one.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Hmm well it should be based off of your devices time. And Illumise has nothing to do with time of day. Are you sure it has reached the happiness requirement? It isn't just a day requirement - I think it also needs 220(?) happiness.Omg. I'm so mad. You guys with egg move troubles - do me a favor and test this. Withdraw the parent with the egg move, put that egg move in the second, third, or fourth slot of its moveset. Place it back and let me know if that fixed it -_- Also fixed that typo, thanks.Sevii Island Pokemon can have hidden abilities too. Also, could you test out what I requested of Nuisance just above please? :)Yep. I also added the requirement that you need to rematch the E4.Thank you! Actually, this hack uses a real time clock (your emulator needs to support it). You can get the razor fang (and claw though, too, so whatever) in a pokemart in the sevii islands, so unfortunately, you can't get it until after you beat the E4 the first time. A lot of those items are found after the E4, but since some of them are part of the regional dex, I'm thinking that it may be a better idea for me to add them as overworld items in Kanto.

The Sevii Islands are purely post E4 for this hack. I did this to allow them to be higher level and to allow them to have the remaining national dex pokemon without feeling too overwhelmed with varying species.

Okay I'll try that now.
EDIT: It works whenever the move is placed at the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th slot.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Where do you go to buy the mega stones? Ive completed the main story line and got the mega bracelet but I cant find the stones anywhere

Years
Awesome Hack!!! Everything so far is great (except for the TMs :/).
One Question: How do you get Hidden Ability Pokes? I tried breeding a lots of Froakie/Greninja with a Ditto & Hidden Ability Lapras, but no luck.
EDIT: I guess it's in the Readme file. But i downloaded the GBA from another site so I don't have it. And my internet is damn slow (idk why today it's like I'm using 1g), so can anyone upload the "Readme" without the Patch file (downloading 10mb again with my ridiculos internet just for a 5kb of file is irritating).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
This hack is amazing, I can't stop playing it!
A few quick points–
Is there any way to change the sprite of fruit-bearing trees while they actually have fruit on them? It's sorta annoying to have to go up and check if the fruit regrew on some of the tucked-away ones so a visual indicator would be really cool, like a couple red berries hanging off or something.

Also, how hard would it be to import the Battle Frontier from Emerald? It's one of the best postgames in my (and many others') opinion so if it's not too hard to add, it would give the game a ton of extra content.

Anyway just some suggestions. This is the best hack I've played by a pretty wide margin and the best Pokemon experience available for android/ios (especially because of link cable emulation) so I'm super excited to see the direction you take this going forward.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
This is an amazing hack I'm so glad that this hack exists but I wonder if primal reversion will ever come it or wish evolution that way the weather trio would mega evolve/primal revert or just straight up have mega evolution work in link battles just like it does in emerald then it would be perfect

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 18, 2016
One problem I have with the game is the variety of pokemon. It feels like the same 5 pokemon are in every route and every trainer has the same pokemon. It's not like Theta Emerald where you could find different pokemon in every route and every trainer doesn't have similar teams to each other. Seeing Bunnelby/Diggersbys and Starly Evolution line every route drives me crazy. I was in a new route while nuzlocking, I had species clause on, and I couldn't catch any pokemon in that route because I had caught all the pokemon in that available route already. It got really boring because of that.

Furthermore I was pretty bummed out with the gym leader's pokemon. It's not really a big issue to be honest since it's just preference but most of the gym leaders didn't have their signature pokemon and they pretty much have pokemon similar to the trainers in that gym. It was just really boring battling them.

I really like this game. It has every thing I want in a GBA Rom Hack and I hope people make more hacks like this but seeing most of the same pokemon in every route and facing the same trainers with the same pokemon got really repetitive and boring quickly. I stopped at the victory road, so maybe there would've been more variety of pokemon after I beat the Elite Four, but I think seeing the same pokemon up until that point makes me not wanna finish the game. It's such a shame since you would have thought that if Fire Red is much smaller than emerald and this hack has 100 more pokemon than in Theta Emerald, Nameless would have probably have a ton of different pokemon in every route, especially in the beginning of the game.

Other than that, I really have no problem with the game. Maybe the game is a little harder even on easy if you're nuzlocking and not over leveling your pokemon. The EXP Share makes my pokemon level up very quickly to the point I over level the gym leaders without much grinding, not that I love grinding but it was pretty fast though. I also feel like there is some kind competitive vibe with some of the boss trainers, a little too competitive I might say, not really an issue but whatever.

Also, maybe I'm crazy or just bad, but when I was in the seafoam islands, there were no boulders blocking one of the strong currents that sends me out of the second cave. I got to Kyurem though, but I had to use the walkthrough walls cheat so I could continue with the game because I couldn't move on because there were no boulders on one of the strong currents.

Keep up the good work, though. I hope you improve on the hack.

Back