• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
That worked perfectly, thanks. So apparently that specific flag has to go in the ID box to make them invisible/passable. No others appear to work. Sadly though, it may only be used once if that's the case.
False. The flag has to be set, using the command "setflag", to make the person invisible. The reason that worked was because apparently 0x2C was set before the start of the game, or something to that affect.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Basically it has been sometime i script,
but i still know how to script,
I don't know if this belongs to script or here, but it more fit to be here..

anyway the problem is that, i tried to make a level script, then want to insert in on a-map, insert all the numbers and all but when i press save map scripts,
It shows me this error,
Spoiler:

The level script did work,
but i still want to know why the error pops out.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
It sounds like something is wrong with A-Map, since the error tells you to contact a person.
It may be a bug/an error that they haven't fixed, but I'm not sure.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
How do I go about putting in my own tiles on a GBA rom? I want to edit one of them, but I would prefer to use the 5th gen sprites.

And what about the trainer overworld sprites? Can I use the 4th or 5th gen ones? I am very new to this whole concept, so I am not sure how to do this.

And this is a VERY newbie question: What are script editors? What do they do?

I'm sorry for this probably stupid question.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
So in my hack when i defeat a trainer, the script ends but i'm in control of a completely unrelated person in the area.
How do i avoid that?

Chances are you set the movement for that sprite (the one you assume control of) to "Look Down". Change it to "No Movement" and that should fix the problem.

Years
Chances are you set the movement for that sprite (the one you assume control of) to "Look Down". Change it to "No Movement" and that should fix the problem.

Well that didn't work :\
Any other suggestions?

EDIT:
Yes it did actually hah!
My savestate was in the same room when i left the area and came back in it was fixed, my bad!

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Not if you want to import it directly. But you can do the different layers in MS Paint before you convert them to 16 colours? That's what I used to do before I got the latest Photo Shop.

Note that for the title screen text (at least in RSE), you have to have UnLZ set to 256 color mode before you export/import the image. The title screen text is image number 1638 in Ruby.

Q from me: Does anybody know the offset of the palette that the image of the Latios from the Pokemon Ruby intro uses? Not the image, I can already find that, I just need to know the offset of the palette so I can edit it. I already know how to edit the image.

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. The offset of the palette is 41623E if anyone else wants to know. It's not an LZ77 palette either, so you have to use APE to edit it.

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Ignore my previous question..lol
anyway may i know the number of from which number of tileset is the outdoor and indoors for fire red...
I want to know from 0 to what is outdoor..
and also the same for indoor.
and also,
I having problems saving i don't know why but i cant save the game on my hack,
does this has got anything to do with the rom?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ignore my previous question..lol
anyway may i know the number of from which number of tileset is the outdoor and indoors for fire red...
I want to know from 0 to what is outdoor..
and also the same for indoor.
and also,
I having problems saving i don't know why but i cant save the game on my hack,
does this has got anything to do with the rom?

I'm not entirely sure about what you're asking for in relation to tilesets. Are you asking for a quick list of the tilesets and where they correlate to? If so, then here.

If you're using VBA you might not have your settings correct. Go to Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
Greeting's i'm new to the forums and i came to these forums looking for an attack move editor for pokemon Heartgold / Soulsilver, i've used the search function about a gazillion times and google even more often, but i can't find any tool that does the trick (most simply aren't generation IV compatible).

Can anyone point me towards an attack editor for HG/SS, or a way to edit the movesets from platinum and insert them into HG/SS? I want to make HM moves more usefull (but not overpowering) because right now you can't really have 6 pokemon with you as you need atleast 2 HM slaves to keep all the HM's with you at all times...

Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2012
I think that there aren't any moves editor for DS roms.

I've found a move editor for diamond and pearl, in which i've edited the HM moves to my liking, however, using nitro explorer to extract the .narc, i've now been unable to find the matching .narc in my HG.nds (i extracted wotbl.narc, which if i read correctly contains move data)

Anyone know which narc i need to replace with my extracted and edited .narc from pokemon diamond? Because the set-up of the .narcs in HG is massively different from those in D/P/P

EDIT:

Ok i found the solution for editing moves in HG/SS, it's the wotbl.narc (at what level do pokemon learn moves) and the waza_tbl.narc (the move data), in the HG/SS structure the waza_tbl is in a/0/1/1 and the wobtl is in a/0/3/3

Special thanks for Alpha, his older posts helped me find it :D

2nd EDIT:

Alright, despite finding all the correct .narc entries, the game now crashes whenever i enter battle....
This leads me to believe that i still don't know enough as to what i am doing when it comes to replacing .narc files, anyone willing to help me out here or point me towards a move editor that works on HG/SS so i don't have to fuss with the .narc files?

Last edited:

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
I'm using Yape and hacking Emerald

I'm planning on adding pokemon using the ??? slots but there isn't an option to change the POKEMON Pic or editing the pokedex entry.

Can you help solve my problem

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
How do I go about using trainer sprites from 4th and 5th gen in my leafgreen hack without them looking really large when I'm in a battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back