• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] which region is ash best in?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
i'd say in alola.

You?re trolling right? While I respect your opinion, you?re going to be in the minority on this but I have to ask what you mean by best? It involve Ash?s Maturity(which varies from region to region)? Pokemon caught/evolved? Companions(current ones not withstanding....)? Rivals? Answer to your question is largely based on what region you like the best and for me it?s basically a coin flip between DP and XY.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Not sure about the "best" Ash. He has a more serious/mature character in DP and XY. I don't like when he starts a new region and suddenly forgets how to battle and all his old teams (though I know why that happens,plus its been a long time since I was part of the target audience for the anime)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Kalos!

I loved him in XY&Z.

I also really liked him in Hoenn, but Sinnoh was good too mainly because his rivalry with Paul was good.

Kalos and Hoenn get my votes though.

rock45

Manga Lover
Years
  • Age 31
  • usa
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I really liked him in Hoenn, but Sinnoh was good too mainly because his rivalry with Paul was good.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Kalos. I will always say that Kalos Ash was his best point. Ash was pretty much unbeatable w/Ash-Greninja. I still think Ash losing to Alain was rigged, like COME on now.

Sinnoh Ash was really good, too, but there were some really stupid losses in the Sinnoh saga, which is why I can't say Ash was the best in Sinnoh. Oh, and Gible kinda dragged Ash's team down, ngl.

& Hoenn Ash was also incredible, but again, there were some really stupid losses and that silly Thunder Armor thing that I'll never be okay with.

Johto Ash had a more lackluster team of Pokemon. It still bothers me to this day Ash never evolved his Cyndaquil & Totodile. I know his Cyndaquil evolved in the Sinnoh saga, but it has always annoyed me. I have always found Ash's Johto team to be lacking quite a lot.

Unova Ash was honestly weird...Ash had caught way too many Pokemon during this saga, and, honestly, none of them were really any good, except his Krookodile? None of his Pokemon got that much development during Best Wishes because he had caught too damn many. It really is no wonder Ash did so bad in the Unova League when you really think about it.

& Kanto Ash, including I Choose You Ash, well. Ash was a rookie trainer, but he had some really good Pokemon like Snorlax, Charizard and obviously Pikachu. He definitely wasn't the best in Kanto, or even let alone the Orange Islands. Yeah, he did win the League for the Orange Island but Ash still had a lot to learn from then.

Alola Ash, despite all the hate he gets, isn't all that bad. Sure, he's not the near powerful super trainer he was in Kalos, but with z crystals at his disposal THAT HE ACTUALLY MAKES USE OF, I'd say he's doing pretty okay. I honestly don't really think Alola Ash was a reset by any means. But no, he'll never be better than he was in the Kalos region.

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
If we are talking progression-wise, than obviously sinnoh would take first place without a doubt, Ash had most development in sinnoh.

Opinion-wise, Kalos Ash, nothing beats Kalos Ash. Just a baddass in every single aspect.

And as for losing to Alain, although many wanted to see him win, and he actually had the chance to, he didn't really deserve it. Alain was the better trainer, with a more powerful charizard. I mean c'mon, I know Ash-Greninja is awesome and op, and even I love it, but you have to realize that Ash-Greninja was up against a charizard that defeated 10 mega evolution pokemon in a row. If that doesn't deserve to win the league idk what does.

But ye, Kalos Ash for life.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
probably from what i hear, the kalos ash is the best, mainly because (in my opinion) he was not acting like he was a little kid and for once he actually kissed a girl (which was serena)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Probably Kalos, yeah. He was more mature there iirc, he had Ash-Greninja, and he should really have won the league.

Second is DP. This is almost not debatable imo :3 He was different in these sagas, compared to the others. imo!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
probably from what i hear, the kalos ash is the best, mainly because (in my opinion) he was not acting like he was a little kid and for once he actually kissed a girl (which was serena)

Not to be picky but Ash has never initiated anything with regards to kisses. It's always been the female and what makes Serena's unique is that 1) She's a main protagonist and 2) It's on the lips as opposed to cheek. Have to remember, Ash is an oblivious blockhead when it comes to romance and love so to say he kissed a girl is being disingenuous.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
You're trolling right? While I respect your opinion, you're going to be in the minority on this but I have to ask what you mean by best? It involve Ash's Maturity(which varies from region to region)? Pokemon caught/evolved? Companions(current ones not withstanding....)? Rivals? Answer to your question is largely based on what region you like the best and for me it's basically a coin flip between DP and XY.

I was wondering too what brought him to say Alola...

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
Best in terms of my enjoyment of his character, I'd say Kanto. He was dim-witted in a lovable kind of way, plus he was sassier than he is now. But in terms of his battling skills, I'd say Sinnoh.

Years
TRAINER
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash
3.AG Ash
4.BW Ash
5.OS Ash (Johto)
6.OS Ash (Orange Islands)
7.OS Ash (Kanto)

BATTLER
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash
3.BW Ash
4.AG Ash
5.OS Ash (Johto)
6.OS Ash (Orange Islands)
7.OS Ash (Kanto)

MATURITY
1.XY Ash
2.DP Ash
3.BW Ash
4.AG Ash (Battle Frontier)
5.AG Ash (Hoenn)
6.OS Ash (Johto)
7.OS Ash (Orange Islands)
8.OS Ash (Kanto)

Hot-headed/Rash
1.OS Ash (Kanto)
2.OS Ash (Orange Islands)
3.OS Ash (Johto)
4.AG Ash (Hoenn)
5.AG Ash (Battle Frontier)
6.BW Ash
7.DP Ash
8.XY Ash

AG (Hoenn) Ash is the best version because he trained a lot more often than his OS/BW versions,was competent enough as a trainer/battler,can be mature,and at times still showed glimpses of his old self from OS.So this would make Hoenn Ash the most balanced version.

Back