• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Global Link Android

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Alright, here's a good question: what about linking via different emulators? I know this sounds silly considering almost every emulator in existence including the many mobile versions out there have three cores with two of them being mostly the same (VBA, gbsp, and VBA-M; for the sake of the topic I'm pretty sure My Boy is based on gbsp), but if both knew exactly what they're doing on terms of netplay would there be any hiccups between oh say... stock PC VBA and My Boy?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Hi all

So is it possible to link with people on other networks?

Thanks

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Hey all. Thanks for the help on how to link Fire Red with Leaf Green on the My Boy emulator. Now my girlfriend and I can trade pokemon. However, We can not figure out how to crush berries. I don't see the option in the direct link center and can't use the union center because it says the wifi adaptor is not connected. Am i missing something? We both have the berry bottle, but when in the direct link center, we only see the options for trade and Colosseum. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

IeUaN_08

Researching
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Hi all

So is it possible to link with people on other networks?

Thanks

ADVICE: You should search or read through the thread before asking a question to see if it was already answered, in this case it was.

ANSWER: No, AFAIK.

Depends on what he means by "other networks" if he means carrier provider then yeah it can. If he means Android to Iphone/Blackberry/WindowsPhone then no its not possible!

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
I have confirmed myboy to work with bluestacks as well. For those of you that don't know, bluestacks is an android emulator for windows and Mac. So this makes it able to trade with those friends without an android device but still has a computer.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
well it depends on the hack nicks, i made one(simple) but with D/N system and don't trade or conect in local link, i think don't connect on bluettoth or wifi even

dezMarthn

1st Gen. Master
Years
Quick question: Is there a way to make this work with 1st and 2nd gens? (R/B/Y/G/S/C)?? Or any other method to do so?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
What can I do when trading through linking says link error ? Can it possibly the 2 games not compatible ? or is there something i need to finish between the two ?

I'm Playing hacked versions btw, One is a hack of Emerald which is CrystalDust and one is a hack of FR which is Liquid Crystal.

Hope somebody answers me. TIA :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 12, 2014
I know exactly now, that Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth battle work in the Pokemon Shiny Gold X. On My Boy 1.6.2

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
i need to trade my pokemons with my friend living in Thailand and i live in india plsssss help me we both have paid version of my boy!
pls tell me how to trade.
PS we both play Fire Red

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Sep 26, 2015
I've used it on my Original Motorola Droid (Only 600MHz processor) and it was pretty slow, but playable. Now with my Droid Bionic though(Dual core 1GHz), it's at full speed almost all of the time... Kindle Fire HD is iffy at best...

Let me shine some hope on this thread before we call it quits... The reason you can only play with people on the same wifi network is because your ports aren't open. Without open ports, your wifi router will not be able to forward data specifically to your device. If you know how to forward your ports, you can map it to your device and then connect to your friend. They have to have their port open too, and make sure you are using External IP instead of Internal IP. (Google what's my IP to find it)

If you don't want to port forward, there is a Hamachi app in beta with a few google searches. I've never used it, but I guess you would use it the same as you would with VBA link, only with MyBoy...

I've been a long pokemon fan, but I don't care for 5th generation and beyond (4th generation is a puch, but I kinda like the games) I'll be willing to play anyone in Emerald, but I will need time to re-do my adventure, I just reset...

Hey guys! I know this is a old thread but i was hoping if someone could help me out on the part of Port Forwarding on Android? I'd really appreciate some noob instructions on it!

Back