The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon General
Now that Gen 8 has pretty much been confirmed... let's review Gen 7...

Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

Old June 9th, 2018 (12:58 AM).
u5uk1r0k

Nature: Bashful
    The games are fine, it's just that in retrospect, so many things could have been improved from the getgo, and there were so many unnecessary mistakes that could have been avoided. Like that sh***y ride music. Fricking god, it's horrible.
    -Nurse Joy
    “I like shorts! They’re comfy and easy to wear!”
    -Youngster
    “Mostly I breathe fire, but want to exchange numbers?”
    -Firebreather Walt... Sure, I'll give my number that let's anyone know where I am to a strange shirtless firebreathing man who ran up to me and attempted ot incapacitate my pets...
    Old June 9th, 2018 (1:18 AM).
    AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Catnip~ View Post
    And there's no "bias" against Kalos. They simply weren't satisfied with third version sales at the time, and chose to do ORAS instead.
    However, that doesn't really explain why they chose to do third versions for Alola, yet not do them for Kalos. Were they trying to grab more cash by pairing them?

GTXV egg swap winner
    3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187

IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik
    My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me on the YouTubes!
    Old June 9th, 2018 (7:17 AM).
    4 million years

Nature: Hasty
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by HeroLinik View Post
      However, that doesn't really explain why they chose to do third versions for Alola, yet not do them for Kalos. Were they trying to grab more cash by pairing them?
      I think it's moreso upholding a pattern then anything. They never do 2 remakes on one system, as both the second generations of a system (gen 5 and gen 7) had two games set in the same region.
      Also, it wouldn't be a very good generation if it only had one set of games, so they decided to do third versions again
      Old June 10th, 2018 (7:27 AM). Edited June 10th, 2018 by The Mega Champion.
      Strategist

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I kind of forgot about this thread and Pokken Tournament has been infuriating me.

Regardless I do know everyone has their own opinions and I wasn't really trying to get others to agree with me.

I just don't understand how some of you can like this Gen because of how HORRIBLY BAD it was but whatever.

I've stated my reasoning for why I think it was bad and no one tried responding to it or explain how they could like this OBVIOUSLY HORRID Gen.

But whatever. The fact remains this was the WORST. GEN. YET. and Gen 8 needs to just act like it doesn't exist. Again except for Decidueye.

Regardless I think this thread has served it's purpose and I'm done with it.

The Roman Reigns (UNIVERSAL CHAMP) of the internet.

PROUD Anti-Brony
        Old June 10th, 2018 (3:23 PM).
        Perfection gimmick ! !

Nature: Lonely
        It's fine to not like generation seven.... but I wholeheartedly disagree. I find the Pokemon to be okay in terms of design. Also, just because so many things have been changed this generation, doesn't make it a horrible generation...

Alola's culture is different from the other regions, so honestly, it's really unfair to flake it for that.

(also all the yokai watch comparisons are really annoying.... Yokai Watch is not even airing anymore, fyi.)
        Old June 10th, 2018 (3:26 PM). Edited June 10th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
        Banned

Quote:
        Originally Posted by The Mega Champion View Post
        Sorry it took me so long to respond. I kind of forgot about this thread and Pokken Tournament has been infuriating me.

Regardless I do know everyone has their own opinions and I wasn't really trying to get others to agree with me.

I just don't understand how some of you can like this Gen because of how HORRIBLY BAD it was but whatever.

I've stated my reasoning for why I think it was bad and no one tried responding to it or explain how they could like this OBVIOUSLY HORRID Gen.

But whatever. The fact remains this was the WORST. GEN. YET. and Gen 8 needs to just act like it doesn't exist. Again except for Decidueye.

Regardless I think this thread has served it's purpose and I'm done with it.
        I think you should probably refine your definitions of "fact" vs "opinion".

Not sure you're seeing the same topic as me, but lots of people explained why they liked it. Short term memory issues on your part maybe?
        Old June 11th, 2018 (1:12 PM).

Gen VII had a lot of interesting features, though the faults have definitely begun to show themselves at this point in time.

Festival Plaza was a mistake that should not have been made mandatory for online play.

While I got some goodies from there, the plaza wasn’t all that spectacular in the grand scheme of things. Not helped by how low-ranking shops are still being offered at random even after reaching Rank 100.

The cutscenes, while a major step up in terms of graphics, were no doubt tedious to sit through to the point where it is an unfriendly sight that discourages second playthroughs. If the recent SuperStar Saga remake allows you to fast forward some cutscenes, there really isn’t any excuse why USUM cannot be bothered to implement that option.

Many Alolan Pokémon really should have had a better speed stat to begin with. (Looking at you, Decidueye, Crabominable, and Vikavolt!)

No player should be forced to use older Pokémon because many new ones lack a good speed stat or the bulk and recovery to make up for the insane amount of slow new Pokémon.

The Ultra Recon Squad were cool, but they should have been used more often, preferably if they were made to be the main villains instead. Ultra Megalopolis should have been this Lumiose City-like metropolitan area instead of a linear corridor.

There should have been Alolan Forms for Johto Pokemon that were left out in the original games, as well as more Z-Moves for many Alolan Pokemon.
          Old June 12th, 2018 (4:18 AM). Edited June 12th, 2018 by HeroLinik.
          AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI

Nature: Modest
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CF1994 View Post
          Ultra Megalopolis should have been this Lumiose City-like metropolitan area instead of a linear corridor.
          Seconded. When they initially announced the Ultra Megalopolis, I was expecting a massive dungeon filled with Ultra Recon Squad grunts to fight and challenging puzzles to solve, especially considering we haven't had dungeons like this for quite a while. When I went in there I was...disappointed, to say the least. I hate how they blocked off certain areas with caltrops and only give you a hint of what's going on behind them, and then just to rub it in, make it just one single corridor instead of the massive dungeon that I was hoping. Honestly, there's just so much potential that place could have had, but it just went to waste.

Hype backlash at its best.

GTXV egg swap winner
          3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187

IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik
          My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me on the YouTubes!
          Old June 13th, 2018 (1:38 AM).
          不要

Gen III was way worse though...

Quick Reply