• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon(s) of Ash's are your favourite?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
1484032306-2c59f2d57f0e5a211dabcc1f32489e4a.jpeg

Out of all the Pokemon Ash has in his current party, and the pokemon he keeps in the lab, which one do you enjoy watching the most, and why?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
This arguably is one of the most difficult questions posed to me. Before I come to a decision, I figure it's best to filter it by region and then from that selecting my favorite. For Kanto, I've been a fan of Bulbasaur. Johto, hands down Totodile. Hoenn,have to go with Sceptile. Sinnoh... so many good choices to choose from but I'll go with Gliscor. Unova is easy with Snivy and Kalos... going to go with Pikachu(rest are too cliche picks).

From that list of Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Totodile, Sceptile, Gliscor and Snivy, I'd have to go with Snivy. Ash doesn't own too many Female Pokemon and Snivy had a unique personality(not to mention I really like its design and Evolutions).

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I'd say Buizel, I just find his prideful personality really cool. I do wish he had evolved though.

Also eek @ Oshawott & Scraggy's little activity in that image.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Clearly it's Pikachu. Pikachu has always been there for Ash when he is feeling down and I loved it when Pikachu would cheer Ash up. Pikachu is a sweet caring Pokemon and he watches out for Ash and his friends Pokemon.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Charizard (I liked it as a Charmander, now it's a total badass)
Squirtle (looks badass with those sunglasses)
Lycanroc (i looove dog family)
Bayleef (i love cute girls)
Gible (He chew his hair off :3 )
Pignite (He's a pig)
Torterra (I love turtles)
Infernape (poor guy got treated like a human by Paul)

Last edited:

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
Years
Charizard, without any hesitation.

It's one of the oldest pokemon he had and his relation with him is very intense. Pikachu is with Ash since the beginning of course, but Charizard has a special place in my heart.

As a Charmander he was abandoned by his previous master, saved by Ash who trained him so well that he evolve quickly as a Charmander (too quickly as we can see in Charicfic Valley's where other Charmander are taller than him).

But after, Charmander became so strong that he could defeat Gary's Blastoise or Noland's Articuno (a legendary Pokemon !!!! ) .

There are so many moments i loved seeing this pokemon. But i also like Greninja ^^

Years
  • Charizard (Ash's strongest fire-type/Most trained pokemon/Bada** personality)
  • Sceptile (Ash's strongest grass-type/chill personality)
  • Swellow (Ash's strongest bird flying-type/strong determination)

... ...

Banned
Years
Usually the unique ones: e.g.
Primeape for always coming out of it's pokeball & hitting ash
Heracross always coming out and chasing bulbasaur
bayleef for always coveting ash
the list goes on

Years
Bulbasaur and Squirtle for being so iconic. Bulbasaur's coolness and parental figure-type behavior was really awesome, and Squirtle's continued mischievousness made me laugh so much when I was younger. Aaaand Bayleef for being so irresistibly cute. I loved seeing her hug attack Ash all the time. D'aw!!

Right now I especially adore Torracat and Poipole, though. Torracat had a really heartbreaking history with Stoutland and has been coming a long way so far. Poipole is just a freaking adorable Ultra Beast child and I continue to enjoy its silly antics with the rest of Ash's Alolan team.

Years
I would say all the original ones: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Maybe even Butterfree and Pidgeotto.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm gonna go for some less common answers.

Heracross for being a beast that doesn't evolve and isn't a starter, Ash never trained Heracross, and it still was the strongest in his johto arsenal. Ash was a fool to dump it midway in Johto.

Others include Bayleef who is adorable with her crush on Ash. Totodile for being lively and clownish. Sceptile is also the coolest fully evolved starter Ash has, not relying on extra training from strangers or bs plot power ups, yet it finished off Darkrai.

Too bad being an old unmarketable pokemon means permanent residence in Oak purgatory.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am honestly not a huge fan of many of Ash original team. I just don't like them, but I will list all the ones I like.

Tauros - I have never seen this episode, which is a real shame. I have always been a fan of Tauros.

Muk - It is probably one of my favorite episodes in the anime even now. It was a very unique episode, even now, it is still pretty unique.

Quilava - I've always loved Cyndaquil and it was awesome to be one of the only old pokemon Ash owned to evolve outside its own generation other thank Phanpy.

Totodile - Again I love this episode when he caught it. It is unique and is the only pokemon that had a different Poke Ball that Ash has. Plus it loves dancing.

Heracross - Again I love the design of this pokemon. It is nice when Ash catches a non evolution pokemon for once.

Donphan - I loved Donphan far before Ash caught it or Phanpy. It is probably my favorite pokemon from Johto. But when I was little I had a lunchbox in 2nd grade that had a Donphan, Elekid, and Gligar on it. I loved the colors of the lunch box and it was one of the things that made me love Elephants.

Torkoal - I just love. I love its personallity.

Buizel - It was one pokemon that I love before Ash caught it. I wish it had evolved, but it was still a really awesome pokemon.

Gible - I love Gible. Again it is a pokemon I loved before Ash caught it. It was also Ash's first dragon type. I wish it had evolved though. At least in to Gabite. Maybe it still will one day.

Palpitoad - I honestly have no idea why I like this pokemon. Most of Ash's Unova pokemon were useless because he didn't use them.

Lycanroc - I love Rockruff and Lycanroc. I know a lot of people don't like Ash getting special pokemon like Lycanroc and Ash-Greninja, but I really love it. For ones it makes him stick out and makes him seem like he is a main character.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Kind of a main stream answer, but I actually really liked Greninja; it had really great development and it was involved in some really great battles ie. vs. Sawyer's Sceptile and Diantha's Gardevoir. c:

I also have a soft spot for Charizard, Pikachu, Swellow, Sceptile, Leavanny, Krokodile, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.

Niqck

G E K O L O N I S E E R D
Years
Def Goodra, I like how cute it is even though it is a pseudo-legendary and how it goes from the weakest mon Ash has ever owned to that gigantic Dragon type monster that it is in the end!

Back