• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critical Hit! ~ The Fire Emblem *Universe* Club

Years
What sorts of features do you want in Fire Emblem 14 / Fire Emblem if?
Big maps like in FE4 where you can have your entire army, it made fe4 feel like you really were in an all-out war.
Also magic triangle, I really don't understand why it was absent in Awakening.
The thing I want most is some actually well thought-out maps for strategy, instead of Awakening's "look how pretty all these maps are" and also harder difficulties that don't make you depend on RNG so much.
Con and weight as well.
Pretty much everything Awakening lacked.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I would personally would like all features in Awakening, including the children character system to be in it, but I doubt that would happen... Maybe in Hoshido?

I would expect Nohr's features would be 100% different from Hoshido's.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Most of the features present from Awakening (support, pair-ups, overworld map grinding) plus a couple of new ones that will be present in If. If Nohr is going to be more like the older Fire Emblem games, can we at least get the Coliseums back for easy grinding?

In other news, there is going to be a Fire Emblem concert in July: http://www.fe25thevent.com/event/event2.html

Salzorrah

Years
I recall Nohr won't be having the World Map like Awakening and Sacred Stones did, while Hoshido will, so I doubt you can get some easy grinds by then... But Coliseums does seem a good alternative, I guess.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
I wasn't fond of pairing up and the whole children system - it made everything seem 100% more tedious than the games should've been. Idk about most people but I don't really care if someone does or does not have Galeforce.

That said, if I get one of them, it's probably going to be Nohr.

Salzorrah

Years
I wasn't fond of pairing up and the whole children system - it made everything seem 100% more tedious than the games should've been. Idk about most people but I don't really care if someone does or does not have Galeforce.

That said, if I get one of them, it's probably going to be Nohr.

There are two kinds of people. People who care about Galeforce, and people who care about ships. I'm on the latter, and I just found the pairing system to be quite easy.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Galeforce is just really high on the priority list for optimizing children, haha. It's not the definitive trait that leads to instant superiority. Donnel!Kjelle has Galeforce, but is still one of the lesser pairings because of Donnel's modifiers holding her back. Heck, most of the time, Nah doesn't even want Galeforce lol.

Triangle Attack, please! Totally situational, but I'm one of those crazy nuts that run three Pegasus Knights, so I'd like my free criticals.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't get how people can pair up children to original characters. I just find them pretty creepy haha
Not to mention awkward to see the children units co-existing with their other selves on the current timeline once they're born. It's why I didn't marry Lucina despite being my secondary waifu.

Salzorrah

Years
Not to mention awkward to see the children units co-existing with their other selves on the current timeline once they're born. It's why I didn't marry Lucina despite being my secondary waifu.

And the grandchildren, uncle, aunts, grandparents thing too haha. Awakening, one of the only games where incestuous slurry of people is accepted, and not frowned upon lmao

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years

-Better final supports. My only problem with the marriages was that they were more quirky than particularly stellar and they usually fell flat. Some are decent, but I feel like they were lacking over all. I miss some of the classic relationships like Serra x Anyone, Nino x Jaffar, Gonzales x Lilina, Heather x Nephenee (never happened, but it would have been great).

-Further expansion of the skill system. I liked the skill system, but I still feel like there isn't enough skills to promote diversity. You usually see a lot of the same few skills reused over and over again. I also would like a removal of limit break ;x It's nice having an extra 10 points, but I hate how mandatory it then becomes to run it on every set.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
It's not just Awakening with incest in the series lol.

Huge FE4 Spoilers:

Spoiler:

Years
There are two kinds of people. People who care about Galeforce, and people who care about ships. I'm on the latter, and I just found the pairing system to be quite easy.

I'd have to disagree, I don't care for either, the super awesome secret third option

Well in FE4 Eltshan and Raquesis also had some hinting of incest through the villages
Spoiler:

It's not just Awakening with incest in the series lol.

Huge FE4 Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Salzorrah

Years
Oh my god, can we move on from the discussion of incest in FE? That sounds so wrong on so many levels x3 I blame myself.

Years
-All three routes to be in one game
-More types of magic, which has already been hinted at
-Finally allow healers to heal themselves, but I have a feeling they wont do anything about this
-Objectives that aren't just 'Rout the enemy/Defeat the boss'

Also today is Fire Emblem's 25th anniversary (and probably not so coincidentally Lucina's birthday) yaaaaaaaay

Years
-Objectives that aren't just 'Rout the enemy/Defeat the boss'

That would be cool, maybe you could have a choice of objectives and you pick one, and differemt ones influence a different way for the campaign to pan out.

Also I would like to see you being able to field generic units that are expendable and can be used as cannon fodder like you could with Taniths Reinforce ability in path of Radiance.

Salzorrah

Years
Omg I agree with the more magic types... Like I was disappointed that there were no light magic in Awakening, I do hope they would add this back in if.

I also agree with more objectives like get a certain item, and also more hold the fort kinds of objectives... Makes the game a little bit interesting :]

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Omg I agree with the more magic types... Like I was disappointed that there were no light magic in Awakening, I do hope they would add this back in if.

I also agree with more objectives like get a certain item, and also more hold the fort kinds of objectives... Makes the game a little bit interesting :]
Just as long as they don't pull that time limit nonsense like they did with Roy's game.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
Better map design would be a plus. Awakening's maps looked cool but weren't very interesting strategically.

Idk about y'all but I'd love a Blazing Sword remake.

Back