• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Stratus Dreams

What starter Pokemon should I have in the game?

• Sinnoh Starters (Turtwig,Chimchar,and Piplup)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Unova Starters (Snivy,Tepig,and Oshawott)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Kalos Starters (Chespin,Fennekin, and Froakie)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
pokelogo - Copy.png

Region Background: The Elato region is a lush, mountainous region far away from other regions. Due to the climates of the Elato Region, many types of Pokémon make their homes there. It also accounts for the diversity of the Pokémon that lives there. One of the memorable parts of the Elato is a Volcano on the southeastern side that has laid dormant for thousands of years…..

Plot Background: Thousands of years ago, Arceus created what is now the Elato Region. The people that lived in the Elato region grew to be happy and prosperous. To preserve the sanctity of the region, Arceus bestowed a special relic onto whom it saw fit, being the KIng. After the King died, a civil war to decide who received the divine relic ensued which destroyed the fabric of the region. The other legendary Pokémon, to attempt to end the war, broke the fragment into many pieces.The war ended, and then the region slowly rebuilt itself, and the Fragments were hidden in protected spaces. During the plot, thousands of years later, you move to the Elato Region after tragically losing your father.Ever since you were a kid, you had a goal to become the best trainer that there ever was. Now, you have the opportunity to do that. But, nothing comes that easy. You have to beat the 12 gyms of the Elato Region and win the world-renowned Elato tournament which proves to be a task within itself. Knowing all of this, can you even imagine what an adventure you're in for?

Features!

• A new story to enjoy!
  • 6th/7th Generation Mechanics(Stats, Fairy Type, and More!)
  • A more mature storyline!
  • New Regional Dex
  • 12 Gyms to battle!
  • Rematchable gym leaders
  • Unique tracks to the game
  • Retyped Pokémon and Mega Pokémon
  • Shiny rate=1/500

[CHARACTER BIOS COMING SOON]

Screenshots!
Spoiler:

(Screenshots are NOT final!)

[DOWNLOADS COMING SOON]
*Recruiting Collaborators!*

These skills are needed!
  • Sprite Designer
  • Tileset Designer
  • Music Composer
If you're interested in helping, don't hesistate to contact me by emailing me at:[email protected] or PM me.

Last edited:
Years
UPDATE:
Hey Everyone,

This game is nearing its alpha release.... just have some more art to do, and outside testing to do.

If you're interested in testing, or any of the recruitment options above, you can PM me or email us at [FONT=&quot][email protected]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Oh yeah, Screenshots comin[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]g[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This Weekend![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Years
Hi!
While I'm currently remaking some maps, I realized that I don't have a concrete idea of what the starters should be. I'm juggling between the Sinnoh Starters,Unova Starters, and Kalos Starters, so we decided to ask the people who are going to enjoy the game what starters it shall have. I included a poll above for people to give their opinion about it. Also, More info is to come out soon, but not too soon since I'm in school and all.

See ya guys with the next update!
~BJFinest34~

Years
To start i'd like to say i'm curious to know how you'll design this game such as the things you listed in the features for example retyping and re-doing stats on some pokemon, i'm also looking forward to the difficulty of the game the one thing i dislike about the official games is how incredibly easy they are when playing through the story on the other hand i really enjoy games such as Pokemon Reborn, Insurgence and Rejuvenation which all have a difficulty curve along with a great story. There's just not much fun if you can just sweep the whole game with your starter and a HM slave.

I also like that you're planning on doing Gym Leader rematches as they're always fun to do, i'd be good to see them get increasingly more competitive as the rematches progress which makes me wonder what is their base difficulty going to be like will they have a full team of 6? Will they have good movepools or anything like that, or would that only be for rematches? I'm also curious to know if you're doing them as somewhat traditional Monotypes, Theme based or even just a mix of various types for a more well rounded battle for example like Cynthia and Gary who never had a single type they used whatever they thought worked well together, Personally i like the whole Monotype idea in terms of competitive play such as Showdown the only Tier i play would be Monotype i just find it enjoyable. I'd also like to know if you've already got plans for gym leaders / elite four or if you could maybe add people from the community. There was another fan game somewhere which had a contest in which participants were added into the game as Gym Leaders which i thought was a really good idea. Personally i think i'd be awesome to be apart of somebody else's game though it's entirely up to you what you do.

Another thing i wanted to go over is the Hidden ability's, It's nice that each encounter will have a fair chance of having a hidden ability however does that mean that one of the ability's if in the case there were 2 normal ability's + the hidden does one get removed? for example say Ability 1 is Trace Ability 2 is Synchronise and the hidden ability is Telepathy does that mean either of the normal ability's will be removed for the hidden ability to take up that slot or will it be 3 normal abilities if this makes any sense?
Because personally i'd prefer if there was some sort of Item or NPC which changed the ability such as a Dream Capsule (name example not actually referring to an actual item) or an NPC which does some sort of magic for the cost of money / heart scale or something. I'm not just curious to know how you intend on going by it but i feel like Hidden abilities shouldn't be so easy to come by you know what i mean? they're usually an effective ability which can help out a lot in a battle so i feel like you should at least work for them in some regard but that's just my personal opinion.

Another thing is the shiny rate, sure everybody loves shiny's but if the chances are to high then they'll lose their value on the other hand if they're to low the player may feel frustrated about trying to find one. It's up to you how often you feel would be good but i think a 1/500 or less would be good, i think the highest possible chance of getting one without say Dex Nav chaining is 1/512 in Friend safari's or Masuda method shiny charm so no higher than that would be nice. Again just my personal opinion.

Lastly i'd like to ask what your upcoming idea's for the game may include it may be a little early to ask since you haven't got your first demo out yet but have you considered Custom Mega's? I'm sure you can relate that since XY came out and introduced mega evolution that there's always been at least one pokemon you wish had a mega and since you're making your own game you have the power to make it. Pokemon Insurgence has some amazing designs you could use for inspiration if you thought about adding custom mega's, However it'd take some time to come up with a design, sprite it, give it a balanced stat layout and ability so i can imagine you either not wanting "fakemon" in your game or if it'll be to much work for you / your team. But just a thought.

Back to the original question though are there any features you feel like adding at some point into the game? i'm curious to know what you feel like doing with your game. so far it seems promising i'm interested to see how it turns on when you get your first release out there.

I'd also like to apologise as this message is somewhat long as well as somewhat unclear i'd assume but i hope you can understand what i mean. Anyway good luck with your development (:

Years
This is a cool game! I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Thanks, I saw your game earlier. It's Awesome!

To start i'd like to say i'm curious to know how you'll design this game such as the things you listed in the features for example retyping and re-doing stats on some pokemon, i'm also looking forward to the difficulty of the game the one thing i dislike about the official games is how incredibly easy they are when playing through the story on the other hand i really enjoy games such as Pokemon Reborn, Insurgence and Rejuvenation which all have a difficulty curve along with a great story. There's just not much fun if you can just sweep the whole game with your starter and a HM slave.

I also like that you're planning on doing Gym Leader rematches as they're always fun to do, i'd be good to see them get increasingly more competitive as the rematches progress which makes me wonder what is their base difficulty going to be like will they have a full team of 6? Will they have good movepools or anything like that, or would that only be for rematches? I'm also curious to know if you're doing them as somewhat traditional Monotypes, Theme based or even just a mix of various types for a more well rounded battle for example like Cynthia and Gary who never had a single type they used whatever they thought worked well together, Personally i like the whole Monotype idea in terms of competitive play such as Showdown the only Tier i play would be Monotype i just find it enjoyable. I'd also like to know if you've already got plans for gym leaders / elite four or if you could maybe add people from the community. There was another fan game somewhere which had a contest in which participants were added into the game as Gym Leaders which i thought was a really good idea. Personally i think i'd be awesome to be apart of somebody else's game though it's entirely up to you what you do.

Another thing i wanted to go over is the Hidden ability's, It's nice that each encounter will have a fair chance of having a hidden ability however does that mean that one of the ability's if in the case there were 2 normal ability's + the hidden does one get removed? for example say Ability 1 is Trace Ability 2 is Synchronise and the hidden ability is Telepathy does that mean either of the normal ability's will be removed for the hidden ability to take up that slot or will it be 3 normal abilities if this makes any sense?
Because personally i'd prefer if there was some sort of Item or NPC which changed the ability such as a Dream Capsule (name example not actually referring to an actual item) or an NPC which does some sort of magic for the cost of money / heart scale or something. I'm not just curious to know how you intend on going by it but i feel like Hidden abilities shouldn't be so easy to come by you know what i mean? they're usually an effective ability which can help out a lot in a battle so i feel like you should at least work for them in some regard but that's just my personal opinion.

Another thing is the shiny rate, sure everybody loves shiny's but if the chances are to high then they'll lose their value on the other hand if they're to low the player may feel frustrated about trying to find one. It's up to you how often you feel would be good but i think a 1/500 or less would be good, i think the highest possible chance of getting one without say Dex Nav chaining is 1/512 in Friend safari's or Masuda method shiny charm so no higher than that would be nice. Again just my personal opinion.

Lastly i'd like to ask what your upcoming idea's for the game may include it may be a little early to ask since you haven't got your first demo out yet but have you considered Custom Mega's? I'm sure you can relate that since XY came out and introduced mega evolution that there's always been at least one pokemon you wish had a mega and since you're making your own game you have the power to make it. Pokemon Insurgence has some amazing designs you could use for inspiration if you thought about adding custom mega's, However it'd take some time to come up with a design, sprite it, give it a balanced stat layout and ability so i can imagine you either not wanting "fakemon" in your game or if it'll be to much work for you / your team. But just a thought.

Back to the original question though are there any features you feel like adding at some point into the game? i'm curious to know what you feel like doing with your game. so far it seems promising i'm interested to see how it turns on when you get your first release out there.

I'd also like to apologize as this message is somewhat long as well as somewhat unclear i'd assume but i hope you can understand what i mean. Anyway good luck with your development (:
I'm currently looking for ways to have the hidden abilities be rare in the wild (like finding a Zigzagoon with Quick Feet). It's coming along pretty well!
I'm still fleshing out Gym Leaders, so that they're not easy, but they're not "Reborn" hard, you know.
(For Example, a Gym Leader that is halfway through development has a Honchkrow as his ace to check for the Dark Type Weaknesses.)
I don't think that any Custom Megas are in development right now, but I'll have to think about it...
I'm still coming up with features, so that will come out at a later time.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Years
Hey Guys,
I'm here with a new update!

So, first off, I would like to thank everyone that participated in my poll! It helped me make an imporant decision, in terms in how the game will work.
*Coming in Screenshot update!*(see below)

Second, I'm remaking some maps due to the fact I gained better mapping skills after looking at some other game's maps, so that's one of the reasons why this game doesn't have a coming soon label on it.

Third, I'm patching up parts of the story so it flows a bit better, but it needs work.

But this update comes with good news! I should be getting some new screenshots next week, so you guys can see what I've been working my butt off on.

Sayonara!

Years
Hey Everyone!
I have some new screenshots ,and some character info that I'm posting above.
*So here are some of the screenshots!*

Here are two examples of Type Changes/Moveset Changes:

*This shows that Beautifly is now a Bug/Fairy Type and learns the move, Fairy Wind. It also shows that Dustox learns the move, Acid at Level 10.*

That's just one of many features that my game is going to have!

Until Next Time!{XD}
~Ben(BJFinest34)~
*P.S Look above for new info!*

Last edited:

Byakk0

The Expert Mapper (In my dreams :\)
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
Hey man quick question,where did you get the gen 6 sprites?I've been looking all over for those

Years
Hi!
*Here's an much needed update!*
I've gotten multiple requests to Alpha Test the game, but I can't let that happen. Only because this game is going on a small break until some sprites, and such are redone.
Don't worry! The game isn't being trashed, or anything. Just fixed up a bit. Sorry for making you guys wait!

-BjFinest34

Years
Hi!
*Here's a new update on production!*
My artist came back from an vacation, so we can finally start redoing all of the character designs to match the environment. I'm also redoing a lot of maps, so you guys can have a lasting experience playing my game. I've also decided that the first release of the game will have 5 Gyms, so you can have hours upon hours of playing the game. This may take a long time, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Thank you for all the support!

Edit:

There will be a huge update in the coming months. Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Hi, everyone!
This is the big update that I've been waiting so long to share with everyone!

Here's what I've been working on:
  • I've been working hard on an alpha release for the game.
  • Remodeled the overworld in the game (FRLG style to DPPT& BW style).
  • Assessed the needs of the game going forward.
  • Installed a new battle system (Elite Battle System by Luka S.J)
I'm also looking for help with:
  • Sprite Design
  • Tileset Design
  • Music Composition
If you're interested, please email: [email protected] or PM me here or Relic Castle.

I'll bring screenshots as soon as I can.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
I noticed that your summary on the cover page seems a bit generic. What I would suggest is a plot teaser, as that is much more tantalizing and eye catching than the sales pitch of 99% of hacks.

Back