• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I downloaded a ROM-base for fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
-Jordan

(I'm gonna put this somewhere else on the forum as this seems to be a very infrequently seen thread)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2019
Hi guys, can I ask something coz I really don't know what to do right now. I am currently playing the Pokemon Cloud White v523 and I have a problem playing with it. I am now in Johto scenario thingy where in whirlpool place, where I have to defeat the Team Rocket Admin who wants to capture Manaphy. The game freezes whenever I will battle the Team Rocket Admin. Could you guys help me fixing this problem? I hope you guys will. Thank you in advance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
N said:
Does anyone know anything about emulators?

The best thread to find emulation help is this one.

AiurJordan said:
New member, just saying hello. I've played pokemon games since I was a kid, I'm 29 now. I played the original blue version on a GBC which was my first entry into the fandom.

I'm diving into ROM hacking today and have downloaded PGE as well as MEH as I believe these are the best tools to use for a beginner?
FireRed is what I'm going to be hacking as I believe it to be the most accessible and newbie-friendly based on research.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tips for the bushy-tailed and bright-eyed?

I downloaded a ROM-base for fire-red but I'm uncertain if I should utilize it for my first attempt at a hack, I think it will be too involved... It's the one from Leon and UltimaSoul.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from you guys,
-Jordan

(I'm gonna put this somewhere else on the forum as this seems to be a very infrequently seen thread)

This is simply a general chat thread and not a place to look for help, hence your point about being infrequently checked. Sorry about that! In future, if you're looking for help on learning how to hack, take a wander over here.

Mikho said:
Hi guys, can I ask something coz I really don't know what to do right now. I am currently playing the Pokemon Cloud White v523 and I have a problem playing with it. I am now in Johto scenario thingy where in whirlpool place, where I have to defeat the Team Rocket Admin who wants to capture Manaphy. The game freezes whenever I will battle the Team Rocket Admin. Could you guys help me fixing this problem? I hope you guys will. Thank you in advance.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Dropping by here in case anyone remembers me/my hack, Zelda: Sacred Paradox. It's still alive, though it's got a new temporary name as it's being restarted, which is Project Zeldamon.
Feel free to stop by the discord or PM me here if you're looking for updates

Ranko

Aloof Unmoving Maiden
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 14, 2023
Whew, I'm just waiting for exams/project season to be over so I can finish up my own games. Any cool features y'all been working on?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2019
с помощью какой программы можно сделать текст хака на русском???????

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen May 15, 2020
I think it would be an amazing idea for someone to make a hack where it brings different universes together. like say your minding your own business and then you end up running into yourself from a different game. like say a basic firered game and you end up face to face with yourself from glazed, dark rising or some other game like that. i would play a game like that over and over again.

Back