• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>Dante< Tutorial: How to change correctly the Intro hero in FR/LG

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yeah thanks I'll use this :) But what freeware is there that can import palette files and edit images? (I know Photoshop is licensed and I don't have it)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Yeah thanks I'll use this :) But what freeware is there that can import palette files and edit images? (I know Photoshop is licensed and I don't have it)

Try GIMP, that image editor seems to work for me for minor edits when I dont feel like opening my copy of Photoshop up... and I think it has Pallet insertion methods...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Try GIMP, that image editor seems to work for me for minor edits when I dont feel like opening my copy of Photoshop up... and I think it has Pallet insertion methods...

Thanks I'll try it :)
I also wanna ask, when editing the sprite, does that backgound colour actually need to be a different colour?

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
I can answer this.... no, it is just recommended so you can see your sprite's outline against a brighter background.

Exactly.
It is not obligatory change it...
it is only a suggestion that I have wanted to give confusion to avoid you in the change of your sprite;)

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022

hen this is the best time to buy it. There is a Photoshop 7 with Premeire Elements for about in the 100-120 dollar range. For that version and later, you go on:

(Images- Mode- Color Table)

Thanks for the guide ,Dante because this is forwarding my rom hack by alot in the visuals apartment.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
I see few questions on the tutorial...
that means as I have explained well him...^^
or what it doesn't interest XD
but in conclusion..
thanks to all for your comments;)

When i demo'd the sprites they were normal before I made a name, but afterwards they look like this:

Before
diamond.png

pearl.png

After
errorboy.png

errorgirl.png

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
When i demo'd the sprites they were normal before I made a name, but afterwards they look like this:

Before
diamond.png

pearl.png

After
errorboy.png

errorgirl.png

yes...
this is problem can happen becouse the palette that you use are not equal to the basical...
you can change it whit the HackMew tool's APE

APE offset:
Boy intro-- ---->0046161C
Rival Intro ---->004623B0
Prof intro ----->004623B4
Girl Intro ------>00460EF0

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Good lord, Dante! The color thing is outstanding! It took me forever to try to get mine right in black in white! I'm glad I'm taking a break for a while, because I wouldn't have noticed this! :)

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i still dont understand how to replace the pic =/

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Good lord, Dante! The color thing is outstanding! It took me forever to try to get mine right in black in white! I'm glad I'm taking a break for a while, because I wouldn't have noticed this! :)
thank you friend ;)
your comment it's really important for me ;)

i still dont understand how to replace the pic =/
what you don't undestand?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Nevermind, but how come the palette isn't working? Could you make a quick tutorial on how to change the palette of the sprite in APE?

Last edited:

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Nevermind, but how come the palette isn't working? Could you make a quick tutorial on how to change the palette of the sprite in APE?
hey man..
I have told you for PM to send me an image of your error
otherwise I don't understand as to help you..

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
Years
O_________O THIS IS THE MOST HELPFUL TUTORIAL I HAVE EVER SEEN!

It fixes ALL of my problems with the hack I'm currently working on. THANK YOU! =D!!

If problems arise I'll ask again later. BUT I'll probably do some tinkering of my own a little if that is indeed to happen.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
This is a bad tutorial. You fail to explain how you did most of the steps.
you are bad..
not the tutorial..
I have asked you in this topic and for PM to send you me an image of your problem to understand better.
You have not done it and then this is your problems..
you complain and you don't explain well your problem therefore the guilt is yours..

O_________O THIS IS THE MOST HELPFUL TUTORIAL I HAVE EVER SEEN!

It fixes ALL of my problems with the hack I'm currently working on. THANK YOU! =D!!

If problems arise I'll ask again later. BUT I'll probably do some tinkering of my own a little if that is indeed to happen.
Ok man ^^
For any problems you can Ask me ;)

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years

This helped me a lot.
Btw, for the people who don't have photoshop, u can use paint:
1. Make ur sprite before hand.
2. Do all the stuff in the tutorial then save your image.
3. Open up the saved image and then your sprite.
4. Place your sprite over the old one and colour in the background.
5. Insert. It worked for me!

Never mind, don't do this. I'm trying to insert this:
picture.php

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Back