• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I can't seem to get it to work, be it a clean patched rom or the gba file from elsewhere, i don't know what i'm doing wrong. It just shows a white screen

Which emulator are you using? What you need to do is set the emulator's save type to Flash 128k. If the white screen still persists, either rename the ROM (.gba/.zip) or delete the .sav file for the game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
hey, even with the new patch, I'm still having Briney problems. he's neither near Petalburg nor in Slateport, I've looked everywhere. what to do? I defeated Flannery but he's been missing since I defeated Wattson, I think. maybe we should be able to challenge Norman with three gyms? just a suggestion (then we'd get surf and we'd be able to challenge Brawly)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Which emulator are you using? What you need to do is set the emulator's save type to Flash 128k. If the white screen still persists, either rename the ROM (.gba/.zip) or delete the .sav file for the game.

THANK YOUUUUU it works now yay! My only other concern is will my eevee evolve into a jynx this time too or into something else?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
hey, even with the new patch, I'm still having Briney problems.

Guessing you checked inside his house?

Did you at any point go to dewford on his ship, white out, and get respawned in Slateport? If you did, and you're not playing a version after 2.2.7, that leaves Briney in dewford and updates won't fix it. You'll have to use a walk through walls cheat : ' (

I really hope this issue isn't back ughhh

will my eevee evolve into a jynx this time too or into something else?

Oh god don't remind me of those dark times lmaoo
Eevee is fixed, I promise.

I've found an issue with the guy drawing footprints in oldale, is anyone else getting the same? It's not game breaking, but it doesn't keep players on the most fun path.
Please go talk to May on route 103, else you'll miss out on the pokedex, the running shoes, and a fair bit of main quest stuff!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2018
luuma can you move move the pokemon ev examinator guy from the battle frontier to verdanturf ,would be nice gameplay wise...thanks in advance, oh I almost forget did is possible to use the first half of dig in conjunction with earthquake to form a signature move for the onix line, if possible groundbreaking sounds a good name....and remeeembeer ampharos Eletric Fairy.

Last edited:

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A PATCH JUST WITH THE NEW MOVES AND TMS!!!​
I really need them for my ROM hack that im working on.​

You would be the first one to do that! (Unlike LCcoolj95)​

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Sir luuma, I have a question.. how do i triggered the disguise ability?

young squire, you trigger it by taking damage. it nullifies the first bit of damage taken.

When you catch a pokemon with disguise, its disguise will be busted until after you use it in battle for the first time, which is strange. That's the only thing about disguise which is different from in the normal game.
luuma can you move move the pokemon ev examinator guy from the battle frontier to verdanturf ,would be nice gameplay wise...thanks in advance, oh I almost forget did is possible to use the first half of dig in conjunction with earthquake to form a signature move for the onix line, if possible groundbreaking sounds a good name....and remeeembeer ampharos Eletric Fairy.

please don't do multiple posts in a row, just edit your posts!
I am not putting ev checking early in my game. I get that it's an important feature for some people, but for others I genuinely believe that knowing more about EVs just makes them resent pokemon that they would otherwise treat as their favorites.

that move sounds a lot like Dig, how is it different? you want a more powerful version of dig?

I'm trying to limit the number of type changes as much as possible atm, but I've put the .ini file for this rom in the download link, so you could actually just make ampharos fairy type yourself using PGE.

Did you put the battle frontier delimitation by sonic1?

no I have not

CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A PATCH JUST WITH THE NEW MOVES AND TMS!!!​
I really need them for my ROM hack that im working on.​

You would be the first one to do that! (Unlike LCcoolj95)​

dude it's dizzy egg's updated battle engine, just take it from his own thread. edit : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374338

Last edited:
Years
young squire, you trigger it by taking damage. it nullifies the first bit of damage taken.

When you catch a pokemon with disguise, its disguise will be busted until after you use it in battle for the first time, which is strange. That's the only thing about disguise which is different from in the normal game.

please don't do multiple posts in a row, just edit your posts!
I am not putting ev checking early in my game. I get that it's an important feature for some people, but for others I genuinely believe that knowing more about EVs just makes them resent pokemon that they would otherwise treat as their favorites.

that move sounds a lot like Dig, how is it different? you want a more powerful version of dig?

I'm trying to limit the number of type changes as much as possible atm, but I've put the .ini file for this rom in the download link, so you could actually just make ampharos fairy type yourself using PGE.

no I have not

dude it's dizzy egg's updated battle engine, just take it from his own thread.

Thank your sir luuma for disguise abilitiy reply :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 18, 2023
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 1, 2018
Is the move Constellate physical or special?
Also which is the best between Solrock,Lunatone,Medicham and Claydol?

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Ey, someone thought of suggesting that Scald be super effective against ice types in this version, similarly to freeze dry. A second way of dealing with ice's immunity to water that you implemented. That aside.

This mod is so much fun! I haven't wanted to complete a pokedex since original emerald and now I want to again. Thank you and well done for such a fantastic job.

Oh, one bit, there appears to be invisible, impassable objects on the transition between the Jungle Gate and Scaber Path. Pretty easy to run into and they don't seem to react to anything.

Chaaldnox

GreenEyed_Golem
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 21, 2022
To the East of the desert there is a lot of two spots that have braille on it. One states 'triangle' and the other reads 'center'. I am confused and am looking for help on this.

Chaaldnox

GreenEyed_Golem
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 21, 2022
Wow. I wish I have a revote on this game because I would definitely change it to five stars. I was training my team for Norman, gym five, and decided to evolve Golem before then. When Golem evolved and I saw a fire/ ground type, I was so amazed and surprised what happened. I have been reading lots on this page about the game to help me and I am happy this typing was a surprise because it was so amazing and I love this game so much now. Golem is my favorite pokemon and you made me like him that much better.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 5, 2018
Guessing you checked inside his house?

Oh god don't remind me of those dark times lmaoo
Eevee is fixed, I promise.
Playing on patch 2.2.10, I can't use the moon stone on my eevee and when it levels, it still turns into a Jinx.
What am I doing wrong? :(
BND2h

Last edited:
Back