• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you own a tablet?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm just curious if anyone here owns one.

What kind is it? What do you normally use your tablet for? Do you usually take it with you wherever you go?

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 inch. It came with the Apple Pencil, but I use regular styluses with it more. I use mine mainly for writing stuff because it's easier to keep my writing with me, especially if I have to go out and get an urge to write. XD I often take it wherever I go, but this also depends on charge and what not. I can usually charge it in the car too... so that's not a big issue.

If there's already a thread for this, feel free to merge it or whatever... but I didn't see one so...

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I do own a tablet. It's an older iPad model. Don't even know what model it is, I just know it has gotten very slow with age. I only use it at night in bed though to watch videos.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't not own a tablet. Honestly, I really don't need one. I have a computer, and it works fine. So, I've never saw the point in getting myself one, I never will get one, either. I'm fine with a phone and computer, why get bogged down with even more technology I have to plug in to charge?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I have a hybrid, but I treat it more like a laptop - I have the Surface Pro 4. I just liked that it's so light and portable, but has all the functionality of a computer. The Surface Pro line is really solid (if expensive), but the 4 was really weak and had a lot of hardware problems, makes me a little wary of picking up another one in the future.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I have an iPad. I primarily use it for gaming because the larger screen works better for my fat fingers. I also use it for Netflix and Riverdale because my laptop's sound card is shit and my phone screen is too small.

Years
mom's workplace was doing cleaning and found five of these things

Spoiler:

they gave them away to people who wanted them and mom brought one home! nowhere does it say what type of tablet it is though, even on the manual inside, so i guess it's custom made for the workplace or something? going to try to set it up tomorrow lol, if it still works..

Years
My laptop functions as a tablet so I guess I do have one? It's a Surface Book 2 so the screen detaches into its own kind of tablet thing which is super cool.

I love it and it's really useful for doing assignments and taking notes and stuff. ♥

Years
I won an iPad mini at a work Christmas party a few years ago, and while it's neat to have, basically all I ever used it for was watching Youtube/Netflix in bed. Maybe if I had a compatible pen to turn it into a writing tablet I'd find more use for it, but for now it mostly sits in my desk drawer unused.

Years
I have three tablets, but I really have no use for them. They're all sitting in my room collecting dust pretty much. D:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Just one. An iPad mini from early 2013 if I remember correctly. I don't use it anymore but my parents mainly use it nowadays for Netflix and such. It is starting to show its age so I was thinking of getting them a new one for Christmas.

Years
No. I've never really seen the point in them since they're much less convenient than a phone as far as optimal size for portability goes. However I think I will invest in a Kindle next year if that counts.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I've got a Surface Pro 3 which has been an absolute champion and served as my "travel" laptop / tablet for 3+ years with no issues.

I do mostly use it in laptop mode, but I enjoy reading e-books on it as a tablet occasionally.

Years
my secondary laptop is kinda like a tablet hybrid in a way as it has a tablet mode its a Lenovo thinkpad Yoga 260 orginal board in it got blown out when trying to find a way to break the bios password but i at first didnt have a power supply for it as this laptop/tablet once belonged to a school and one day one of the people who i used to work for found this it was either in the road or on the side of the road he tried contacting either it was either one of the high schools or the school district he told them to come pick it up from him and they kept trying to tell him to bring it to the school which he refused like why should he have to use his gas to take it up to the school and it sat in the shop forever till he wanted it out of his area and ever since ive had the unit and it works decently

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
I have an iPad 4 and it is great for fun and ebooks. very worth the money

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I have three, actually, although one of them is decommissioned because it's basically dying. I have a Nexus 7 2012 model (The Android 4.1 launch version), a Asus Windows tablet, as well as a Thinkpad X61 that I'm using for drawing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I... guess I technically have one. :| I have one of the older Amazon Fire tablets or whatever because it was only $60, but I got what I paid for lol. Once I put google play on it so i could have my bare minimum apps on it, it just slowed to such a crawl I can't do much of anything on it. But that's fine, the app I was trying to put on was just Libby so I could have a slightly bigger screen for reading library books on and it works fine for that. It would be nice to have something better, but oh well.

I'd love to get an iPad someday, mostly for the Pencil, but I also just kind of hate iOS with a burning passion so I doubt I'd ever splurge for it even if it seems like a great art machine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I have a samsung tablet... some...where....

I want to get a tablet i can use to draw with someday (like a pro) but with my current funds thats something that wont be happening any time soon.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I have the OG Nvidia Shield tablet! It's still very good but I want to upgrade to the K1 some time as it's supposed to be somewhat better from what I hear.

Having the tablet is one of the main reasons I dont buy a switch (Because I already have a switch that can play Half-Life 2!)

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
Years
No tablet currently :(

However, I definitely want to get a sturdy, reliable one for digital art at some point.

Being a broke, college student doesn't help xD

Back