• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Upon entering full-screen I noticed that there are these really awkward looking 1 pixel high lines that appear inside of tiles that have a priority of anything higher than 2, from what I can tell at least.
  • Or how about full screen? Yes, I know it doesn't look perfect on very large screens, but that's one of the limitations of RMXP.
The game IS being played at a high magnification. I don't know what to do to fix it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Getting this error when throwing a ball on wild Pokémon during battle:

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_Scene:3074:in `pokeballThrow'
PokeBattle_Scene:3074:in `pbThrow'
PokeBattle_Battle:194:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PItem_ItemEffects:1677
PItem_ItemEffects:1676:in `call'
Event:150:in `trigger'
PItem_Items:256:in `triggerUseInBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:1583:in `pbRegisterItem'
PokeBattle_Battle:2756:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
PokeBattle_Battle:2711:in `loop'

I didn't change any script (as far as I know, cause i try not to mess with this)

Maruno

Years
Getting this error when throwing a ball on wild Pokémon during battle:

Code:
Exception: ArgumentError
PokeBattle_Scene:3074:in `pokeballThrow'
PokeBattle_Scene:3074:in `pbThrow'
PokeBattle_Battle:194:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
PItem_Items:256:in `triggerUseInBattle'
PokeBattle_Battle:1583:in `pbRegisterItem'
PokeBattle_Battle:2756:in `pbCommandPhase_old'
PokeBattle_Battle:2711:in `loop'
I didn't change any script (as far as I know, cause i try not to mess with this)
Well, you did change something, because that's not a bug in v16.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Its a bug with using EBS in v16

Yes it is. I tought that only defining false would let me keep the scripts there and the bitmapwrapper working while testing and creating things, but no. I removed everything and now it's fine.

Thanks ;)

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
About the new mega evolution method

Reading the changelog I noticed that we don't need to use the global for the megaevolution anymore but rather:
"Mega Evolution now depends on having a Mega Ring item rather than a $PokemonGlobal boolean."

So i went to items.txt, added a test item called MEGARING and tried a megaevolution.
This resulted in an error as soon as i chose a move:

vtsHZZI.png

I'm 99% sure that just adding a new item isn't the right way but the changelog isn't very specific about what to do.
This is the line I added in the txt:
HMhRy3S.png

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
I'm 99% sure that just adding a new item isn't the right way but the changelog isn't very specific about what to do.
The changelog isn't the rest of the wiki, so it's not surprising it doesn't explain everything. Simply adding a Mega Ring item (and having it in your Bag) is how it's intended to work, but there's a bug with it right now.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
The changelog isn't the rest of the wiki, so it's not surprising it doesn't explain everything. Simply adding a Mega Ring item (and having it in your Bag) is how it's intended to work, but there's a bug with it right now.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll wait for a solution then :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Well, I replaced all the files in the data folder into my project (only maps and tilesets that I didn't replace) to ensure that my project is only running in the v16. Then I get this error after capture a Pokémon.

This is the sequence:
Drop the HP to yellow > Throw regular Pokeball > shakes > catch success > greetings message > error

Errorlog
Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PScreen_Pokedex:667:in `pbChangeToDexEntry'
PScreen_Pokedex:747:in `pbStartDexEntryScene'
PScreen_Pokedex:1109:in `pbDexEntry'
PokeBattle_Scene:2792:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_Scene:2789:in `pbShowPokedex'
PokeBattle_Battle:236:in `pbThrowPokeBall'

The game don't crash and close, just shows the error, then return to the map, but the catched pokemon isn't in the party. It counts on the Pokédex as a captured Pokémon and in the savescreen, where the catch pokémon counter increased.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Me again haha

The move rollout is doing all the hits in the same phase. It hits normally in the first turn, but the next one all the hits are done sequentially, like a Fury Attack for example. Tested against a wild Pokémon using rollout on me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Created a Gym Leader and gave him a Potion to use. During the battle, this error appears when is supposed to use the item.

Code:
PokeBattle_Battle:1576:in `pbRegisterItem'
PokeBattle_AI:3767:in `pbEnemyShouldUseItem?'
PokeBattle_AI:4056:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'
PokeBattle_Scene:2747:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'
PokeBattle_Battle:2705:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2700:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2700:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2648:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2647:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2647:in `pbStartBattleCore'

The game don't crash and close.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
I have the newest Essentials (v16), and there's a glitch with Rollout where if it faints a trainer's Pokemon, it will keep using the move saying "but there was no target..." and the trainer cannot send out another Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
On the new large screen mode, the tiles do not align properly, there's some missing space between them, sometimes. It only happens in the large and in the full screen mode (which is basically the same size). It get's very evident in the pokemon center, for instance.

Backburner26

Pokemon Lavender Spirit Creator
Years
Hey I'm just reporting this bug that I'm getting when I try to catch pokemon. It happens when I catch new pokemon that are not registered in the pokedex. It happens when the screen fades to bring up the new pokemon information in the pokedex but then it shows the error. I tried it with each of the pokedexes and they all gave the same result.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
------------------------------------------

EDIT: I looked in the Pokedex after "Catching" a seedot and the Pokedex actually registers the pokemon as seen. the pokedex worked fine after that. so the bug has something to do with the information thats shown straight after catching a pokemon. Ill probably edit this post later with an example to show what Im on about.

It wont let me link so I put it in the attachments.

Attachments

• Pokemon essesials bug.png
    Pokemon essesials bug.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Bug report:
Good news is, mega evolutions work:
Spoiler:

Bad news, they don't revert back after battle:
Spoiler:

I'm guessing (without scripting knowledge though) that it has something to do with def makeunmega, but I have no idea:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Bug report:
Good news is, mega evolutions work:

Bad news, they don't revert back after battle:
What kind of battle was it, and how did it end? I've just tried running from a wild battle and the Mega Evolution reverted. I have no reason to suspect it doesn't work properly in any other case.

Are you using an unmodified copy of v16.1, as this thread's title requires? If you've been frelling around with scripts, or "upgrading your game", you shouldn't be posting in here.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019

how to fix this?

Maruno

Years
Use Essentials v16.1. Download it again if you have to. Remember what this thread is about.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
What kind of battle was it, and how did it end? I've just tried running from a wild battle and the Mega Evolution reverted. I have no reason to suspect it doesn't work properly in any other case.

Are you using an unmodified copy of v16.1, as this thread's title requires? If you've been frelling around with scripts, or "upgrading your game", you shouldn't be posting in here.

My bad, you're right, I noticed just now how disabling a bunch of custom scripts fixed the issue.
(For anyone experiencing the same compatibility problem, I disabled More self switches and replaced Editorscripts and Scripts that I changed to implement Gen 6 project with the newest ones.)
EDIT: the culprit was the "VS. animation for event Pokémon encounters" change that you can find here: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:VS._animation_for_event_Pokémon_encounters

Last edited:
Back