• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Did Amazon just out Alola as a set of islands?

Worldrush

Worldrush
Years
I am hoping that it turns out to be true, therefore this game will be much longer than previous games. I don't think there been a game since gen two that was quite long. It would also make since for the year we lost without a pokemon game (not counting pokemon mystery dungeon).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why is everyone getting the idea that the Alola region is small. It only looks small because the in-game model is similar to Hoenn region's in-game model during the soaring segments. The actual region may look bigger in the in-game overworld.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Why is everyone getting the idea that the Alola region is small. It only looks small because the in-game model is similar to Hoenn region's in-game model during the soaring segments. The actual region may look bigger in the in-game overworld.

The picture that we have right now is artwork, it's not an image that came straight from the games themselves. There's no way that they can fit 8 Gyms plus the League onto what we have right now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
That shot of the region in the trailer isn't hand drawn artwork. It looks like something rendered by the 3DS. It's probably a cutscene in the game or something.

Years

The picture that we have right now is artwork, it's not an image that came straight from the games themselves. There's no way that they can fit 8 Gyms plus the League onto what we have right now.

Agreed. I'm sure the artwork is only showing us just a small piece of what the Alola region will actually be like in terms of size. The question is, how many Gyms will be on the main island and which will be on smaller islands, especially if it's going to be similar to Hoenn in that regard.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

The picture we got, you can see the entire city in 1 camera angle. And the city takes up half the island. In Hoenn you could obviously tell there was multiple towns and that it was bigger.

I don't see how people are getting the idea that it is bigger than it looks. I mean seriously. I can show a picture of the region and a picture of the character in game and show just how small the island is. I mean are people missing that completely? You can see the waterfall from the starting town.

As far as Amazon goes, if it was a mistake, they probably would have changed by now with all the news. And I just checked it and it still says islands.

Years
The picture we got, you can see the entire city in 1 camera angle. And the city takes up half the island. In Hoenn you could obviously tell there was multiple towns and that it was bigger.

I don't see how people are getting the idea that it is bigger than it looks. I mean seriously. I can show a picture of the region and a picture of the character in game and show just how small the island is. I mean are people missing that completely? You can see the waterfall from the starting town.

Having the starting town take up a good chunk of the island is definitely causing all the theories about Alola being a very small region, especially when you consider where the Gyms and Pokemon League (and also the potential battle facility) and how they'll be placed in the region.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think I may have worded that wrong. When I said 'I don't see how people are getting the idea that it is bigger than it looks' I mean just that island. Some people think that island is far bigger than it looks and that it is the only island. But it can be proven with gameplay in the trailer at how small it actually is and that there is no way they can fit everything on there.

Not only do we have to have 8 towns for gyms, it is almost certain that there will be a few town that don't have a gym.

Years
I think I may have worded that wrong. When I said 'I don't see how people are getting the idea that it is bigger than it looks' I mean just that island. Some people think that island is far bigger than it looks and that it is the only island. But it can be proven with gameplay in the trailer at how small it actually is and that there is no way they can fit everything on there.

Not only do we have to have 8 towns for gyms, it is almost certain that there will be a few town that don't have a gym.

We definitely have to consider all that, and it makes me believe we'll see more of Alola revealed and see how big the region really is. Gyms mostly tend to be in cities, while towns mainly seem to be the smaller ones without Gyms.

Back