• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Quite complicated for use (need to decrypt and such).

But I found this, it's a shame that it isn't in the Toolbox:

http://www.tjsdaily.com/2011/01/ciros-pokemon-maker-download-working.html

That'd probably be your best bet, because I just realized the method I posted won't work...The moves are in the encrypted data part, which is regulated with a checksum. You'd have to change the moves and the checksum, otherwise you'd be getting a bad egg. So I guess the method I mentioned is still viable, as long as you know what your doing.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Do you mean that using Nidoran[m] doesn't work? How weird...

If I understand what you mean, [m] and [f] will allow you to display gender in a script.

Well yes, using Nidoran[m] does work, what i mean is that i replaced Nidoran[m] with the pokemon starly and the gender icon for starly isn't there because Nidoran[m] is genderless. I tried using YAPE and i made
STARLY:
male 50% female 50%
and it still gendeless in a pokemon battle or stats.
can anyone help me please.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
So I have a road blocked by two trainers and their two Pokemon having a battle. I have it set to remove the Pokemon after you get the first badge, but does anyone know how to set it to move the two trainers to different spots on the map?

redriders180

Years
So I have a road blocked by two trainers and their two Pokemon having a battle. I have it set to remove the Pokemon after you get the first badge, but does anyone know how to set it to move the two trainers to different spots on the map?

Applymovement will move the trainers temporarily, while movesprite2 will permanently move an OWs to another location, if put in a level script.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Advanced map 1.92 what does this mean? "Error (enotapointer) advancemaperror(5): value $ffffffff is not a pointer! please contakt [email protected]" Fire red Also I keep finding high level sunfloras even tho I didn't add any pokemon in the game yet.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
okay. so I got Fire Red Omega and I don't really like having elekid, smoochum and magby as starters so I want to change them myself. I have done this but my rival uses smoochum/magby/elekid still... How do I change them? A-Trainer won't work, Trainer Editor doesn't even open....*sigh*

the thing i'm afraid of is that if I change rivals pokemon to say squirtle which he uses if you choose charmander he will use squirtle no matter what you pick...

excuse my lack of capitals.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used A-starter to return defaults, thinking that was the problem...didn't work as mentioned above....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Probably hack overriding. A starter and such ate reserved for clean roms, use instead the hacker way and change the Pokemon inside the scripts with xse.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
okay. so I got Fire Red Omega and I don't really like having elekid, smoochum and magby as starters so I want to change them myself. I have done this but my rival uses smoochum/magby/elekid still... How do I change them? A-Trainer won't work, Trainer Editor doesn't even open....*sigh*

the thing i'm afraid of is that if I change rivals pokemon to say squirtle which he uses if you choose charmander he will use squirtle no matter what you pick...

excuse my lack of capitals.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used A-starter to return defaults, thinking that was the problem...didn't work as mentioned above....

A-Starter works pretty well for the case of editing starter Pokemon and what your rival's, but if that doesn't work, I suggest scripting the event manually with XSE/PKSV or something xD

It's what I always do in this case.

redriders180

Years
Advanced map 1.92 what does this mean? "Error (enotapointer) advancemaperror(5): value $ffffffff is not a pointer! please contakt [email protected]" Fire red Also I keep finding high level sunfloras even tho I didn't add any pokemon in the game yet.

I generally get that error message if I've just deleted or edited Wild Pokemon data...I think A-map 1.95 changes the pointer you delete to $ffffffff instead of $00000000, but that's just a theory. Whenever I use A-map 1.92, I don't have a problem with editing Wild Pokemon. You can also fix it by opening up your ROM in A-map 1.92 and going to the problem map. Open the Wild Pokemon tab, hit "expand", uncheck everything, and save it. That aught to work, so long as the problem is the Wild Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2021
Does anyone know where I could find the soundfount for Ruby/Sapphire? I've searched all over, and the one that I could find was uploaded to Megaupload..... which is down, like, forever.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
i am working on my own hackrom for pokemon black i have a few questions:

Is it possible to add a new pokemon to the game if so how?
Is it possible to change what pokemon are allowed in the battle train?
Adding new items is it possible?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Problem with unLZ

I have a big delimma here. In unLZ GBA, when I run a deep scan, I somehow can't go back to normal scan mode afterward, even after closing/reopening the program.

I tried double-running the deep scan to see if it was a toggle menu item, but that didn't work. Because I remember deleting some settings file in unLZ's directory that gets created on opening which held the setting telling unLZ to run deep scans, I tried searching for it around unLZ. I turned off hiding hidden files and forced Windows to display protected operating system files when looking for it, but it was nowhere to be seen.

My last resort came to mind, which was scouting the Windows Registry (I'm familiar enough with it because I often set data for file extensions), because I know its purpose is for storing things ranging from local application settings to the OS's random number generator. I extensively searched through the Software and System subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT, and HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG—all without any results to speak of.

I'm thinking I could, per chance be overthinking things, but my recollection of searching the unLZ GUI over and over tells me otherwise. Where is this oh-so-illusive deep scan setting so I may kindly turn it back to normal scan mode?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Help~

You cannot use a ROM hack's tileset without the permission of the original owner, if you intend to publish it. Technically if you are just building something for your own amusement than it is allowed.

Have a look in the ROM Hacking Resources (a sticky in this forum section) for existing ROM-Bases which you may use, if you give the owners credit. If there you can't find one you can always insert your own tiles - there are tutorials in the 'Tutorial' forum.

I had a look in the ROM Hacking Resources, the Fire Red D/P ROM Base are only D/P Tree and other, there're no D/P PokeCenter, D/P PokeMart, D/P GYM at tileset 1. I don't know how to insert PokeCenter or every building at tileset 1, I only know how to insert tileset 2, I can't find a editing tileset 1 building tutorial at 'Tutorial' forum.Can you give me a ROM-Bases have D/P PokeCenter, D/P PokeMart, D/P GYM and D/P Tree at tileset 1? Or give me a tutorial to insert tileset 1 building? Thanks you.

redriders180

Years
I had a look in the ROM Hacking Resources, the Fire Red D/P ROM Base are only D/P Tree and other, there're no D/P PokeCenter, D/P PokeMart, D/P GYM at tileset 1. I don't know how to insert PokeCenter or every building at tileset 1, I only know how to insert tileset 2, I can't find a editing tileset 1 building tutorial at 'Tutorial' forum.Can you give me a ROM-Bases have D/P PokeCenter, D/P PokeMart, D/P GYM and D/P Tree at tileset 1? Or give me a tutorial to insert tileset 1 building? Thanks you.

I'm pretty sure changing tileset 1 is exactly the same as changing tileset 2, except you're given more space with tileset 1 (128x320) than tileset 2 (128x192).

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I'm pretty sure changing tileset 1 is exactly the same as changing tileset 2, except you're given more space with tileset 1 (128x320) than tileset 2 (128x192).

... When I changing tileset 1 PokeCenter to D/P PokeCenter, the size of PokeMart also changed same to PokeCenter. I need a diffrent PokeCenter and PokeMart, how I need to do it? Thanks.

PS: My bad english :(

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
I think I've asked that before, but...
I want to make the item Stick work for Torkoal, for example. What's the offset for its effect? In Item Manager its Special1 is 66.
Oh, and same with Thick Club. I want it to work for a different Pokemon. It's Special1 is 65.
Oh, and please, no advices like "replace Farfetch'd with x", because I want my game to have a correct Pokedex. If there's no way, then maybe there's a way to set Cubone into Hoenn dex? Is there any program for that, or it needs hex editing?

Sorry for bad English.

redriders180

Years
I think I've asked that before, but...
I want to make the item Stick work for Torkoal, for example. What's the offset for its effect? In Item Manager its Special1 is 66.
Oh, and same with Thick Club. I want it to work for a different Pokemon. It's Special1 is 65.
Oh, and please, no advices like "replace Farfetch'd with x", because I want my game to have a correct Pokedex. If there's no way, then maybe there's a way to set Cubone into Hoenn dex? Is there any program for that, or it needs hex editing?

Sorry for bad English.

Truly, the simplest way would be to replace Farfetch'd with x. If the only reason you don't want to is to preserve the Pokedex, I know of at least two Pokedex Order Editors out there. I also know on one of the latter pages of the Research and Development thread details how to use a hex editor to edit the Hoenn Dex.

... When I changing tileset 1 PokeCenter to D/P PokeCenter, the size of PokeMart also changed same to PokeCenter. I need a diffrent PokeCenter and PokeMart, how I need to do it? Thanks.

PS: My bad english :(

I don't know what method you use, But I just open A-map, click the purple puzzle piece, then go to Picture>Save Tileset 1. Save it somewhere, open it in paint, add the graphics you need, making sure the COLORS MATCH THE ORIGINAL, then put it back in A-map with Picture>Load Tileset 1.

I recommend A-Map 1.95 for this process, since whenever I use A-Map 1.92, it exports the tileset in a strange file type.

redriders180

Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7191695#post7191695

I am looking to learn how to add a new pokemon, moves, edit stats etc.

Coudnt find a good enough guide.
Is there any guide or at least brief info all put together?

thanks

I'm pretty sure there aren't any guides to it, because it hasn't been done flawlessly yet. With the Ruby and Firered 649 Projects, there are still plenty of bugs that need to be solved.

If you think about it, the sheer scope of adding even one Pokemon is massive. You'd need to repoint tons of data, not limited to: Stats table, ability table, learnable moves table, TM/HM learning table, Daycare rules, Pokedex entries, cries, Evolution table, Pokedex data, not to mention completely editing the Pokedex in general to support more than 386 Pokemon, finding all limiting bytes that prevent more than 411 Pokemon from existing, and with potentially editing associated ASM with Pokemon-related coding, such as cry and showpokepic, not to mention anything I can't think of. Feel free to try yourself, but there isn't a guide yet.

Expanding the number of moves, however, IS possible. And there's a tutorial here too. I'd do a search around to find it.

Editing Stats in general can be done with YAPE, or any other Pokemon Editor out there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
So I'm trying to graphically edit the opening screens of Fire Red, and I'm having trouble with the Gengar/Nidoran battle. I can edit pretty much every part of the scene, but I'm stuck at the last Nidoran animation, where he jumps around and the scene ends.

In unlz-GBA the image for the animation is located at 237. I'm guessing the image is a tileset, but looking through unlz-GBA I can't find the tilemap file that correlates with it. I've ran a bunch of the tilemap-looking .raws in the area where the files for this battle scene are in NTME, but none of them seem to be right. Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back