• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I just can't see them remaking remakes, RSE is understadable but Red & Green have already been done, just because Ruby & Sapphire need remakes and FRLG were released around the same time doesn't mean that they should also be remade.. it's not a case of dates, it's a case of updating. We have Kanto in HGSS and the graphics for those two are highly acceptable to me, if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.
They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
There's also the possibility that they may let you travel to both Johto and Kanto. Team Rocket was the main villain of both first and second generation, and should represent both. Though the likeliness of that happening is questionable. I mean, the main thing they'd work on is of course the story and stuff of the remakes, but then they'd also need to add post-game side quests in the other regions and stuff, and that may take a lot of time. Though I think it's something a lot of fans would want to see.

I don't think allowing the player to travel to Kanto/Johto is physically possible. Unless they did a really long cruise section of the game.

Every region in the POKeMON franchise is set up on the map of our world's very own Japan. The Hoenn region is an island on the southern most point of japanese POKeMON country, where as Unova, Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto are all adjacent.

On another note, I'm confused, is this remake actually going to happen?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Nothing has been confirmed. That's why the speculation in this thread is all over the walls in this thread with people referring to hints in BW and B2W2 and the timeline and legendary names and such. If they're ever confirmed, this thread's speculation will likely just turn into speculation on how things in the game will be, and not speculation as to will there be remakes. Hopefully that makes sense, lol.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I don't think allowing the player to travel to Kanto/Johto is physically possible. Unless they did a really long cruise section of the game.

Every region in the POKeMON franchise is set up on the map of our world's very own Japan. The Hoenn region is an island on the southern most point of japanese POKeMON country, where as Unova, Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto are all adjacent.

Just to point out a mistake. Unova is based on new York not an area of Japan.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I just can't see them remaking remakes, RSE is understadable but Red & Green have already been done, just because Ruby & Sapphire need remakes and FRLG were released around the same time doesn't mean that they should also be remade.. it's not a case of dates, it's a case of updating. We have Kanto in HGSS and the graphics for those two are highly acceptable to me, if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.

We have Kanto in HG/SS Yes. but not Gen 1 nor Gen 1's Story which is only in R/B/Y/G/FR/LG. Remaking R/S/E for an update to the story and graphics goes hand in hand with remaking R/B/G again for updated story and graphic. It still turns to a case of dates. Both sets are outdated. And just because Kanto is in HG/SS, doesn't mean we can't have remakes of the first Generation again as the Kanto in HG/SS is not the same Kanto of FR/LG. The Characters change, there isn't any story to the Gen 2 Kanto, a lot of the general face of the region changes (Viridian Forest, Lavender Tower, Cinnabar Island).

The region itself doesn't mean anything. That's why i keep saying all the Valid reasons to remake R/S/E that they have can also be used for remaking R/B/G/Y again. Both are outdated, and unlike the time they remade both Gens 1 and 2,(And yes there was still reason to remake Gen 2, as far as I remember there were still some Gen 2 Pokemon missing from the active Pokedex outside of events) Remaking anything from now and further on in the years is purely for aesthetic enhancement as well as simple revival of older games for newer players to play up until the sever the older games again. In which case all games severed would receive remakes anyway.

They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary. They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.

Tell this to Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all other big selling titles. All they do is pretty much rehash the same titles, in game systems, stories over and over again with new characters, slight tweeks, and new toys to play with in the games.

Even all the current Sports games which are HUGE in sales are just updated versions of the older games that are constantly being recycled. Its not going to stop the fans and by the time the older fans have gotten bored of it, the new fans will have out numbered them to more than make up in a drop of sales.

That wasn't my point, I was saying that all the regions are located on a japan island mock up. And Hoenn was the one farthest from all the others.

Actually Sinnoh would be the furthest away if the regions are like Japan as the Fan made World map indicates.

Pokemon-to-real-world.png

Based on real world locations, if its anything like the fan made map, Sinnoh would be the furthest away. Hoenn is very close to Johto, near the small Island that makes up Cianwood and the new area for the Safari Zone, also the area where Embedded Tower is, which makes so much sense to me now.

As for Unova, no its no where close to the Four older regions. The developers said that it is far far away from the regions themselves. So if you want a real world location, the four Japan theme'd regions make up Japan while Unova is at the States which makes it the furthest location on the map. It wouldn't even be on the immediate map.

Last edited:

T!M

Years
XanderO said:
Tell this to Mario, Zelda, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all other big selling titles. All they do is pretty much rehash the same titles, in game systems, stories over and over again with new characters, slight tweeks, and new toys to play with in the games.

Even all the current Sports games which are HUGE in sales are just updated versions of the older games that are constantly being recycled. Its not going to stop the fans and by the time the older fans have gotten bored of it, the new fans will have out numbered them to more than make up in a drop of sales.

This.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, the fact that games have become so concerned with money that they won't let something die. Granted POKeMON always has room for new things. But games like CoD, FF and Mario only repeat.

But that is besides the point.

I can't deny POKeMON though. I would buy a possible RSE remake at the time it hit the shelfs.

-------------EDIT--

Shyte, that's right, for some reason I thought Unova was on the very top, but it's Sinnoh, I believe Kanto is right below Unova, right?

But at any rate, Hoenn is still not hop-skip-and-a-jump away from Johto. Not as close as Kanto and Johto were...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I just can't see them remaking remakes

I cant either, thats the point Im trying to make :B

if that was the case come 2022 we would have something like 3 sets of remakes of the same game now doesn't that sound outlandish? They need to break out of the cycle at one point, like I say RS understandable but any further games are fine as they are.. for the time being anyway.

Exactly, we just disagree on when they should break out of the cycle.
(how far this remake concept makes sense to continue)
To you RS is understandable, to me GS was understandable.

Ive played both gen II and III when they came out, yet I only wanted II to be remade into the more comfortable style, while I feel III is still as enjoyable as it was then and the graphics update with just the special/physical split being the other hypothetical thing worth mentioning, simply not improving it enough for it to make serious sense.
RSE pretty much reinvented the main series and its game mechanics to the standard still in use today.

They can't just keep doing the same thing over and over, eventually fans will get tired of this remake system and demand something new and considering there have been two already I think only one more is necessary.

I AM tired of remakes, it is absolutely the time to replace "remakes" with at least "sequels" if not some more creative way to use the nostalgia.

They've shown what they can do with B2W2, we predicted a third game but they pulled out two direct sequels so it's just as likely they can come up with something different which would bring in more fans, money etc.

YES, it shall include Hoenn as the setting and fans should go wild.
I think any option would work just as well (probably better) as making the boring plain copy paste remakes weve seen till now.
Whether having Hoenn as the main place, or making a Johto-like region, with Hoenn as the post-game place, or who knows what.

I would be terribly disappointed by gamefreak if I saw announcement of same old RS remakes with lame plot changes to fix emerald issues e_e
And that should mean something from having been with this franchise all the way, rarely being disappointed by it, always looking forward to the next exciting surprises :E

@Timothy:
You got something wrong again, just look at the picture above your post. Unova shouldn't even be in the corner of your room.
But yes, Johto and Hoenn are not next to each other like Kanto/Johto, but at most you could squeeze a smaller region between them, which is an idea Ive explored in the past as part of my fakemon project :B
That area is a candidate for the hypothetical Hoenn complementing region.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
So What?

Then it's about the money, I just don't see the point in remaking the 3 games for any reason besides a nostalgia kick.

Can't I have my nostalgic moments of wishful thinking?

Couldn't Nintendo just make FRLG available via their Virtual Console service? Let's get back to discussing the RSEmakes, OK?

Last edited:

T!M

Years
Alright, how's this for a question? In the event of a RSE Remake, what would you like to see changed from the original 3?

I personally, would prefer that they don't turn the POKeNAV into phone like in Emerald, I liked the original NAV from RS.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I would like the follow me feature to return as an option, I'd like the PokeNav to be the bottom screen function OR have a similar bottom screen to HGSS, add in the new evolutions to the Hoenn Dex (Dusknoir, Froslass, etc) as well as the Johto Pokemon that were added to the Safari Zone in Emerald post game, keep contests as they were in the original games, no Battle Tents, Emerald Battle Frontier, and I'd like something new done with Trainer Hill. I don't think anyone really cared for that, did they? I would like an entirely new function to replace the Trainer Hill. idk what, but they'll think of something, right? lol But that's all I can think of for now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, the contests were moved to Lilycove, but I didn't like that. I thought it was cool in RS when you travel to each rank of the contests instead of having them bundled in one place, but maybe that's just me. If they do remake RS and implement things from Emerald though, Battle Tents are the last things I want. They're totally obsolete once you have access to the Frontier. Even Trainer Hills is better than the Tents. Even if they remake Emerald, I hope they don't have them. They're just pointless.

blue

gucci
Years
There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.

T!M

Years
There would be no point in putting RSE or FRLG in the E-Shop considering you can play both RSE & FRLG on the DS Lite which are pretty similar to the 3DS, the graphics would still be the exact same.

I could see a point for users of the DSiXL, consoles without the GBA port... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back