• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm actually more looking forward to the new Mystery Dungeon game, with the US release date assuring we only have just under 3 months to wait and from images, videos etc this game looks really promising. That and the fact that nothing that I could tie up to RS remakes has occurred in the past couple of months, I mean next year something may happen but I can't see them springing an announcement on us just yet.

Years
I really believe that this remakes will come out by Fall 2013. With so many competition and globalisation the video game industry is moving faster and faster everyday! I'd love a remake of Gen 3, but I will like a Pokemon Yellow remake even more. I want to add that there is not thread on speculation about a new Pokemon Stadium coming out for Wii U. Have anyone heard about this? Is this worth making a new thread?

PS: I joined this community today, this is my 3rd post.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I really believe that this remakes will come out by Fall 2013. With so many competition and globalisation the video game industry is moving faster and faster everyday! I'd love a remake of Gen 3, but I will like a Pokemon Yellow remake even more.

I only wanna suggest to read the last few pages regarding those possibilities.

I want to add that there is not thread on speculation about a new Pokemon Stadium coming out for Wii U. Have anyone heard about this? Is this worth making a new thread?

Ive been thinking of this. Would be nice yeah, as a gen V finishing game or something.

If only there was a "future pokemon games speculation" thread, instead of this, cause this is one of the possible games that actually has some realistic chances of being announced anytime soon.

There have been so many things done poorly in PBR that we could really use a proper competitive console game.

Id imagine making a custom trainer with tons of options (PBR had like 6 haircuts that only went with one body each? -.-), then arriving with a ship on an Emerald-esque Battle Frontier, with a dozen facilities. And youd actually walk around the island, tlak to NPCs, find move tutors, EV training gyms, breeding/hatching center, etc.
So much that could be done without needing an colosseum-like story.

blue

gucci
Years
I can imagine they would introduce new features into Gen VI some possibly including the one's you've noted above but I wonder what they will introduce into RS remakes if anything. with FRLG we got the VS Seeker, with HGSS we got the follow-me feature so hopefully we'll get something new alongside the Secret Bases, Trick House etc.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The recently released issue of Nintendo Dream magazine contains a New Year card signed by Game Freak. In it, they promise to "do their best to work toward the next evolution of the Pokémon world".

Definitely seems like they are talking about something brand new, rather than remaking something so it's probably Gen VI.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I wonder what will Game Freak do with the new jet-form Genesect? I thought it might be added for remakes (since that form is not found even in B2W2), or is it just me?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wonder what will Game Freak do with the new jet-form Genesect? I thought it might be added for remakes (since that form is not found even in B2W2), or is it just me?
Genesect doesn't have any alternate forms. Where did you get this "Jet Form" from?

Years
It's in the trailer of the upcoming movie "The Extremespeed Genesect".

EDIT: Found the trailer!
Spoiler:

I think thats just the way genesect flys. If they gave genesect a flying form it would defeat the purpose of genesects base form being able to learn the hm fly... just saying a company as aesthetically gifting as game freak would notice that loop hole. It would be neat in future games though if you teach a genesect fly thatit sprite changes when using the move lol i guess

Years
The recently released issue of Nintendo Dream magazine contains a New Year card signed by Game Freak. In it, they promise to "do their best to work toward the next evolution of the Pokémon world".

Definitely seems like they are talking about something brand new, rather than remaking something so it's probably Gen VI.

Great information. (:

I expect some bigger annoucement for the next game soon.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
It's in the trailer of the upcoming movie "The Extremespeed Genesect".

EDIT: Found the trailer!
Spoiler:

That is simply how Genesect uses Fly.

A perfect co-example of this is Golurk, who can also learn HM2 Fly, and as seen by various media, it does so by retracting its legs and hands, then using them as engines.

The only thing new about this Genesect is that it is shiny and has Extremespeed.

Starry Windy

Years
And strangely, as seen in images posted by P0kelegend 5 pages ago, this is confirmed to be Genesect's new form (Japan call it High-speed flight form). And there are pictures of Groudon and Kyogre, too.

If they gave genesect a flying form it would defeat the purpose of genesects base form being able to learn the hm fly...
You remind me of Keldeo which if it learns Secret Sword in B2W2, it changes to Resolute form (and does not change form in original BW).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
And strangely, as seen in images posted by P0kelegend 5 pages ago, this is confirmed to be Genesect's new form (Japan call it High-speed flight form). And there are pictures of Groudon and Kyogre, too.

You remind me of Keldeo which if it learns Secret Sword in B2W2, it changes to Resolute form (and does not change form in original BW).

It might be worth noting that Metagross has a similar "form" for flying in the anime where it retracts its legs and levitates. Serebii has yet to make any note of Genesect having another form/forme, so I would wait until we see some official news. People also thought that the Overdrive for Reshiram, Zekrom, and the Kyurem formes was going to be alternate forms/formes as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps this is a hint for what's next: "Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream has posted a greetings card sent out by GameFreak. This greetings card doesn't reveal much news but does state that Junichi Masuda has said that during 2013, they intend to further evolve the world of Pokémon. It's currently unclear as to what exactly this means for Pokémon games but we'll bring the announcements as they come- Source Serebii" The evolve the world of Pokemon makes me think that they might go for another generation in other worlds expand it by adding a new region aka a new generation. Either that or the remakes better have a whole lot of new things.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Perhaps this is a hint for what's next: "Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream has posted a greetings card sent out by GameFreak. This greetings card doesn't reveal much news but does state that Junichi Masuda has said that during 2013, they intend to further evolve the world of Pokémon. It's currently unclear as to what exactly this means for Pokémon games but we'll bring the announcements as they come- Source Serebii" The evolve the world of Pokemon makes me think that they might go for another generation in other worlds expand it by adding a new region aka a new generation. Either that or the remakes better have a whole lot of new things.

This was posted on the last page.

I think its pretty clear Gen VI is next, it's hard to argue against it.

Lets just hope remakes will be after that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Or maybe they'll want to connect them somehow? The regions? I just hope they do RSE because it's the only game not on the DS now and it was great ;; It's old enough now that newer kids will most likely think "new Pokemon game! New region!" instead of, "I have this game already, it's a remake"

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

It simply calls it the Extremespeed-Genesect.
Its distinguishing traits are being shiny and having Extremespeed.
The "Forme" term is nowhere to be seen and its not even implied.

Ignore Groudon and Kyogre, they are there to mention that their events are still going on, and will be replaced by Genesect halfway through January. Ala "dont forget to get these guys while you still can" kind of thing.

Keldeo actually gained a horn though, instead of just retracting limbs like several Pokemon do when they fly. It was pointless, but not as pointless as this, because Keldeo needed some kind of upgrade to show that its not just a fourth musketeer.

Or maybe they'll want to connect them somehow? The regions? I just hope they do RSE because it's the only game not on the DS now and it was great ;;"

Its not gonna be on DS even if they made a Hoenn game next.

And HGSS was already on DS, which makes this sound like when people wanted GS remakes on GBA back then..

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years

I hope this is true, not a fan of 3rd gen.

Never understood why people wanted a remake of RSE. From a technical standpoint, it isn't necessary, since you can (with some work of course) transfer Pokémon from RSEFRLG all the way to BW if you have all the necessary games, as well as the DS with the GBA slot. What would a remake be for? Shiny graphics?

FRLG and HGSS were good ideas because the original games were so outdated, only a remake could make them compatible with the new gens. RSE doesn't need a remake.

Starry Windy

Years
Actually, I was just asking what will Game Freak do about Genesect's flight mode because I heard the announcement in last page. Remakes or no remakes, either way, I hope Game Freak will do their best to this best franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back