• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which trainer is most like you?

Years
Who do you have the most in common with? Is there a character in the pokemon world whom you share a similarity with?

I think I am closest to Cynthia. While I don't look like her and and definitely not as powerful I aspire to be friendly yet independent like her and share her passion for mythology, history and a good ice cream cone. If I were in the pokemon world then I would try to live my life like her, surrounded by beautiful books and going on adventures to exotic locale.

Our taste in pokemon is even the same. Our teams were almost identical, even the swap from Gastrodon to Togekiss from Diamond/ Pearl to Platinum. I honestly wouldn't mind her wardrobe either :)

Let's talk about who you think that you are more like! It can be in the core series games, side games, anime, manga, as long as it has to do with pokemon.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Red keeps coming to my mind.

More so from the manga. He uses a very eclectic team simply of Pokemon he prefers and/or has deep attachments to. Even if some people might say they aren't the best, like Poliwrath. And he makes them all work.

Everyone wants to be that elusive badass, haha. And I know later in the manga, he gets this weird leg bandana. If you want something nerdy, I liked that so much, I used to wear one myself. :P

Red has Pokemon tastes I respect, a role I like, outfit too, so him. The anime would be great if he were the main character, not a watered down pathetic imitation.

Last edited:
Years
I'd have to say Dawn.

Firstly, I've always loved pokemon contests so much, they absolutely enthrall me and I would most likely become a pokemon coordinator if I had the option, much like her. Moreover, I feel like we have similar personalities. She's quite feminine, outgoing, emotional, empathetic, cheerful, etc and I like to think that I possess some of those traits. Dawn has doubts and worries, but always puts her best foot forward and goes through life with a smile, which I find truly inspiring. Furthermore, as a child I connected with her (as well as with May but to a lesser extent.) Might I add, I love her pokemon, too, especially her Pachirisu. :)

f2ceea391cbddeb998822f19d43233343c73d098_hq.gif

In a weird way, I also remind myself of Elesa. She's not a significant character necessarily, however, I think she's easily the most memorable of the Unova gym leaders. She's blonde and blue-eyed, much like me, she's interested in fashion which is also one of my biggest interests, and finally, we both adore electric types.

There's a lot of other characters I think I'm similar to, but I won't elaborate on those or this post will be way to long, I'll just mention a few names that come to mind: May, Caitlin, Sabrina (kind of), Candice, & Serena

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Ash, in the way that I style my teams.

I build as I go along, sometimes rotating.

I'm also accepting of losing, since I can go back with a different strategy.

Years
I guess I?m kind of a male Misty. I get mad pretty easily, and overreact sometimes, but deep down I?d say I?m pretty relaxed.

As for Pokemon taste, probably Kukui. I had a Day Lycanroc and Alolan Ninetales on my Sun team, as well as a Decidueye. And while I didn?t use either, Snorlax and Braviary are pretty cool as well, IMO.

Last edited:

TY

No clue really, others may be better at describing me than myself xD

Years
^ Wally overcame a bunch of health issues in a short period of time to become one of the strongest trainers in the region, only to be bested by a Gym Leader's kid who eventually became champion. I think he did just fine.

I think I'm most like Tracey from the anime. Not big on battling and always kinda on the sidelines, but very knowledgable about Pokemon, and always eager to learn and research them more.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Wally is shown to be a disabled character that gets stronger as time progresses and shows he can be a good trainer in the end.

I must say I relate to that. :)

EDIT: But i've also related to N cuz, while not so much with pokemon, violence in media in general confuses me and I don't tend to get why people generally enjoy it. I've also lived a rather sheltered life.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I can be a little bit of an arrogant asshole just like Blue sometimes, so I'm picking him.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Hm... I have to say Bonnie. I relate a lot to her because I'm always being positive and strong about everything. I'll also do anything to defend my friends no matter what. That, and I'm also childlike in some ways.

Back