• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I think you should try putting in some sinnoh pokemon. And I don't mean all of them, I mean the ones that evolve from older pokemon, but only some. Eeveelutions, mamoswine, ambiopalm, honchcrow, mismagious, and the others like that

Zel keeps getting told this, but lets face it, Zel won't insert them. he wants it to be an Advanced version of Gold, and with a few D/P, well, this hack will not be as good as without, as D/P pokemon are getting a bit too common nowadays!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Yes, but you will have to be patient. I've just realised I don't think I've commented on the hack yet. I love this hack, and I can't wait for beta 6. Are you gonna add the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph (sorry if its been answered before) ?

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
Years
zel says he cant be bothered with the ruins of alph he says it hurts his head... lol
and if zel makes it with D/P pokemon or fakemon in it
he'll loose a big fan (me)

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
zel says he cant be bothered with the ruins of alph he says it hurts his head... lol
and if zel makes it with D/P pokemon or fakemon in it
he'll loose a big fan (me)
If someone could at least help him with the Ruins of Alph, then it would be good. :)
It's because I would like to see something like that, and if it hasn't been done, then no one would have to do anything but press the A button. D:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi everyone, just taking a break and checking the news around the hacks on Pokecommunity, since I havent been around for a lot of time. I'll reply to my stuff and keep checking the threads :)

hey zel i found another glitch when you go to violet city and to the center if you talk to elms aid he gives you the togepi egg before you beat the gym then if you go back and talk to him again he gives you another one now i got two togepis weird......

The assistant in Violet shouldnt be on the Pokemon Center unless you avoided stepping on the tiles that make him disappear (tiles outside the PC), there's no other reason for him to show up twice and give you two Togepi eggs. I could be wrong, but I dont think so.

By the way, I have one more question about some of the maps. It's not too important but it is worth of note. Some of the gatehouses are in full view so you can see where they end - into a bunch of trees. It looks kind of strange becuase you know for a fact you don't end up in trees, but on the road. I think you've done it the same way as in Gold but for graphics purposes it looks mighty strange. Were you ever planning on changing that?

Also, the same thing occurs in some cities (mainly Saffron). When you enter a Gatehouse from the Celadon side you can see about 7 or 8 tiles of road/fence on the Saffron side. When you come out on the Saffron side however, there are only about three. Just for continuation purposes it looks slightly strange. The same occurs when entering from Lavender. Also, when you leave Saffron heading north you can see that above the northernmost buildings (Gym, Dojo etc.) there is grass, yet when you come out on the Celadon side of the gatehouse there are trees when you look down. It's being pety and it's not that important but I love it when hackers pay the uttermost impoirtance to minor details.

I've gotta stop posting glitchy things :P Oh, and about Koga, he's a ninja, so he's actually touching the ground but to the untrained unninja eye it looks like he's floating :D Ninjas!

Yeah, you can imagine that I'm kinda lazy at fixing the smallest and most obvious stuff (obvious for some people but perhaps not THAT obvious to me), specially when it comes to graphics. I'll be on the lookout for those minor problems as the game reaches completition, supposedly.
Though I think some of those problems could be caused because I try to stick to how I see the maps in my GoldMap program, I dont really map from the game, I map from that program.
Anyway, I will try to make it more logical for at least the final release.

And, thanks for the ninja lesson, Kakashi ;P

D :, Why not Mewtwo into Beta6, its a too patetic pokemon, really you must give it into Beta 2 =), for example in this beta 6 u must give to Deoxys (which kick mewtwo's ass )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah! almost forgot, the translating its stopped into Celadon city, thats is boring me =(, well Carlitos XDDDD Be carefull.

Is he pathetic? Too bad we dont share the same opinion >.<
Nope, too early for M2. And Deoxys is just too powerful as well so that probably wont happen.

Keep up the work on the spanish translation. Wow! Cerulean? You are quite close to finish it, cool!

hey zel, well i'm new here, first post but i know you more that you think,and i visit this site more than you think too, but if you need any help, i'm disposed, you'll see i'm a graphic artist, my avatar i drew it myself. X)

I dont think I need more help for now, but thanks.

Well, as we all know, Fire Red does not have a clock. Programming one in would be pretty near impossible, if not completely. So, to my knowledge, Zel simply replaced time events with "step events", or when a random (or potentially set, I dunno) number of steps needs to be taken for the event to begin again. So, let's say it's a set variable of, I dunno, 1,000 steps for a Lapras. 1,000 steps later, there's your Lapras. I dunno if that's exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it's a good general mindset.

Just in case you need a hint, the "timed events" come from the script that Selphy (you know, that girl who asked for Pokemon and gave you some time to you to show it to her) girl in one of the islands in FR. I'm quite sure that they used a steps system for implementing that, but I dont know if it is possible to change the number of steps or anything involving that.
But it's cool to have it work that way, I liked it, so that's how it's gonna be.

hmmm some people were saying that if you patch beta 6 over 5 you can continue with the same save i wonder if thats true??? zel is it???

It... depends. Depends on where you save, but, considering the changes I do constantly on most maps, it could work, or it could not. It's up to you if you want to take the risk. But for sure, I wouldnt be able to help you if you get problems for double patching (because in the past people had A LOT of MissingNo. problems caused for double patching)

I have a question for you Zel,will you add the starters signature moves as in Frenzy Plant,Blast Burn andHydro Cannon?

Looking forward for B6! its gonna be a blast.

I think those moves are only learnable by the Kanto starters, so it'd be pointless to have them in for now. The move tutors is an unexplored area in rom hacking, so, until more is known, I wont be able to do much about it.

OK, I have a problem. OK, I read about fixing it so it will save, but I'm using the Wii Version of VBA. I can't save, and it's the only way I can play. Please help.

*shocked* Is there a Wii version of VBA? O_o

Does zel plan to put new music in kanto or johto i got sick of old kanto and houen ages ago is h going to remix the old stuff?

after diglett cave do you get to vs crarlos again and is red going to be ash or red plus is his music going to be different i hope it is just asking though someone reply plz!

You mean in the next release? He'll show up later a few times to annoy you as usual.

Red's music. Since he uses the "champion" song, I think I did the same here (but not like I remember clearly), I dont think I'll give him a unique song, though.

If someone could at least help him with the Ruins of Alph, then it would be good. :)
It's because I would like to see something like that, and if it hasn't been done, then no one would have to do anything but press the A button. D:

There could be many ways to do it, but I'd have to test a bit, which means work that I'd be leaving for the end. Not like it is a time waster, but definitely requires a good effort (effort on something that is not a time waster = leaving it for later)

So that's about it. No updates, slow development in case you've forgotten.

Elys

RPG Love Fan!
Years
I have played it, and is a relly awesome rom!
Can't believe that finally I can play in Jotho with cute & great grafics!
Too bad Hoenn's Pokemon are so hard to find!
I found my Wurmple after a hour! But it worth it =3! Thanks for bring in it!

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I rarely ever post on your thread these days zel, but I'm dieing to play your beta 6, no rush though!
either way, I'm sure it will be amazing.
If you ever need new tiles from me or anything graphical just ask or check WAH :)
somehow... I don't think you need help XD
I love the Minigames, It will be a joy playing through all of them
I love how the music is implimented for certain trainers, I believe that is a very nice touch.
I like the way your pallettes work, they give off a very DP-esque feel :)
However do you think you'll ever change the mountain tile?
And how is the progress going? (I did read first post, just wanna know how your getting along :) )
Well good luck dude,
you're and inspiration to most of us!

Mattsusie1

Pokemon Trainer Red
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
Shiny Gold

Why did you call Red, Carlos thats lame, and why did you swear in goldenrod?

Last edited:

Mattsusie1

Pokemon Trainer Red
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2013
You dont battle red, until the mt. silver (a long way away from this upcoming beta)
D**n, isn't exactly swearing..well it is..kinda almost....it's mild..

I'd love to see how he puts Red in! Oh, and I'm currently putting Ruby Sprites in Shiny gold Beta 5!

Years
What'll you do when Kanto is complete? will you just quit on the game, or will you think up some new zones, put the sevii islands in, or even think up some new plot involving teams aqua or magma?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
What'll you do when Kanto is complete? will you just quit on the game, or will you think up some new zones, put the sevii islands in, or even think up some new plot involving teams aqua or magma?
That would be impossible to do most likely, considering how much space he's used already. He's probably going to do a few more minigames and possibly trick houses :P

We can't know for sure though.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
[shitsurei shimasu]

BTW I'm male...

Look for Magnius' Guide To Pokemon Music Hacking in the PC Forums and you'll know the answer. As for the MIDI software, I'm using a different one, but I recommend Anvil Studio.

Thanks for the comment. Magnius has a lot of good music, too.

[shitsurei shimashita]

Thanks, I'll have to look into that and yea I really wasnt sure ^^;;; Cant be all too sure these days.

Snowfield34

Banned
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2009
Thats nice, but why hack shiny gold o.O
but go back on topic please thanks.
Zel said that after Shiny Gold Was completed it would be a kind of open source (Except every body can decompile every thing in a fire red rom, So no need for orginal files)
So people can hack it...

Zel Thought about this because some people wanted it to be an excact remake, and other wanted it to be less, so in this way they can just hack it as they want it to be.

Back