• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
I'm looking at diegos tutorial for trainer battles "This is the ID of a trainer that's found in PET" What does PET stand for? o.o
I have AT is this like another program? o.o

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure there aren't any guides to it, because it hasn't been done flawlessly yet. With the Ruby and Firered 649 Projects, there are still plenty of bugs that need to be solved.

If you think about it, the sheer scope of adding even one Pokemon is massive. You'd need to repoint tons of data, not limited to: Stats table, ability table, learnable moves table, TM/HM learning table, Daycare rules, Pokedex entries, cries, Evolution table, Pokedex data, not to mention completely editing the Pokedex in general to support more than 386 Pokemon, finding all limiting bytes that prevent more than 411 Pokemon from existing, and with potentially editing associated ASM with Pokemon-related coding, such as cry and showpokepic, not to mention anything I can't think of. Feel free to try yourself, but there isn't a guide yet.

Expanding the number of moves, however, IS possible. And there's a tutorial here too. I'd do a search around to find it.

Editing Stats in general can be done with YAPE, or any other Pokemon Editor out there.
I know how to make use of the 25 "?" pokemons. But no idea about those other pokemons that can be added.
I can repoint attacks table, stats etc etc.

Just cant find those extra pokemons that are not in the 25 "?".
Offset for those?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm looking at diegos tutorial for trainer battles "This is the ID of a trainer that's found in PET" What does PET stand for? o.o
I have AT is this like another program? o.o

PET is a PKMN Trainer Editor, much like HackMew's Advance Trainer.
But mind you, PET is really really really really really old and buggy.
Stick with A-Trainer.

ID is for the trainer number on the trainer list.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
If ANYBODY could answer my question, It would help me alot.
i can't still figure out the problem with nidoran male and female genderless.
i replaced the nidoran's with other pokemon but the gender symbol or icon
isn't there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
isn't there.

It's probably just built into the game via ASM, I have no idea how you would go around changing it though.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
isn't there.

It's probably just built into the game via ASM, I have no idea how you would go around changing it though.

Nah, the 2 Nidorans are defined to be Genderless in the games because they were created before genders were introduced into the Pokémon games. It is honestly that simple. Open your rom in a Pokémon editor (eg, the Pokémon editor in PGE, or YAPE) and change their gender definitions to match the ratio you want. Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Nah, the 2 Nidorans are defined to be Genderless in the games because they were created before genders were introduced into the Pokémon games. It is honestly that simple. Open your rom in a Pokémon editor (eg, the Pokémon editor in PGE, or YAPE) and change their gender definitions to match the ratio you want. Hope that helps.

I tried using YAPE and i replaced Nidoran[m] with the pokemon
STARLY:
male 50% female 50%
and it still gendeless in a pokemon battle or stats.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I know how to make use of the 25 "?" pokemons. But no idea about those other pokemons that can be added.
I can repoint attacks table, stats etc etc.

Just cant find those extra pokemons that are not in the 25 "?".
Offset for those?

Do you mean that you have the 649 patch, and are trying to use it for whatever reason? If that's the case, the page with the 649 Patch has an .ini file, which shows all the pertinent offsets. In any case, most programs and tools have .ini files, so opening them in notepad will show all the offsets that are used in a game that are needed by the tool in question.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Do you mean that you have the 649 patch, and are trying to use it for whatever reason? If that's the case, the page with the 649 Patch has an .ini file, which shows all the pertinent offsets. In any case, most programs and tools have .ini files, so opening them in notepad will show all the offsets that are used in a game that are needed by the tool in question.
No I dont have the patch.
Just gonna start from scratch on my own and add 1 by 1 pokemon which I need.
Well, I basically have a plan of my own on how I wanna do it. Just dont cant figure out anything about adding more pokemon than those 25 "?".

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
I replaced Nidoran[m] with the pokemon starly and the gender icon for starly isn't there because Nidoran[m] is genderless.

I have a image of the problem:

attachment.php

I tried changing gender ratio in Yape and gender icon still wont appear.

Attachments

• gender.png
    gender.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 81
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, I'm sure I'm just making a really simple mistake since I haven't seen anyone else asking this question, but I've put my own custom starters in FR to replace the originals and I start new game to test them in battle and everything, but when I walk out of my house to start, or walk into Oak's lab, or try opening the start menu or a whole variety or things, the screen goes black or freezes...can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :/
Thy're going in fine, it's just that after I do the game freezes for everything.

redriders180

Years
No I dont have the patch.
Just gonna start from scratch on my own and add 1 by 1 pokemon which I need.
Well, I basically have a plan of my own on how I wanna do it. Just dont cant figure out anything about adding more pokemon than those 25 "?".

If that's the case, then I've already told you somewhat of a general list of everything you need to take into account in my previous post. Basically, anything related to Pokemon would have to be repointed and edited. ASM would need to be done on stuff for the Pokedex. You want the offsets for everything you need? I can't give you that, but if you're skilled enough to add Pokemon, then you should also be skilled enough to find the things you need. If you can't find what you need, then you're not ready to add Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
Copy Map of AM?

HI everybody
I have a problem. My Emerald edition I editet crashed now. Is there anyway I can save my maps without having a backup? Maybe I copy my maps and fill in these in a new, fresh Rom?
Pls help me Oediepus

btw. Sorry for my bad english I'm german

redriders180

Years
HI everybody
I have a problem. My Emerald edition I editet crashed now. Is there anyway I can save my maps without having a backup? Maybe I copy my maps and fill in these in a new, fresh Rom?
Pls help me Oediepus

btw. Sorry for my bad english I'm german

Yup! In A-map, go to File->Map->Save Map As. When you want to import them back in, File->Map->Open Map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2022
I'm working on a new Oak's Lab sequence in Firered and I'd like to have the rival randomly choose one of the nine possible starters. Is it possible for the game to execute an RNG script? If so, how would this be done? ASM?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'm working on a new Oak's Lab sequence in Firered and I'd like to have the rival randomly choose one of the nine possible starters. Is it possible for the game to execute an RNG script? If so, how would this be done? ASM?
In GSC there is a built-in scripting code for changing the value in [insert ram address here] to a random value. If no such code exists in FireRed, you could make your own way for loading a value from certain address so that it would be more random and that way he/she wouldn't pick the same pokemon each time.

Open VBA's Memory Viewer while in Oak's lab. You're bound to found values in ram memory that are changed rapidly all the time.
Make the game check for one of them and according to the value, make the script call for nine different subscripts.

"if < 0x1C" go to...
"if 0x1B < ... < 0x37" go to... etc.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years

You can generate a random number in FR by simply using the command 'random' with a HEX value after it. If this line was written in a script: "random 0x2", a number will be randomly chosen ranging from 0 - 2 so there are three possible outcomes. For your situation I'd advise doing something like this:

Code:
random 0x8
copyvar 0x4000 0x800D 
compare 0x4000 0x0
if 0x1 goto @RivalRecievesBulbasaur
compare 0x4000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @RivalRecievesCharmander

By copying your random result to a variable (0x4000 in this example) the game will be able to tell at a glance which Pokemon they received in the future. This is useful for when you need to make different battles based on their chosen starter by using the 'compare' command and then diverging down different paths like I've shown.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I replaced Nidoran[m] with the pokemon starly and the gender icon for starly isn't there because Nidoran[m] is genderless.

I have a image of the problem: [Image Cut for Brevity]

I tried changing gender ratio in Yape and gender icon still wont appear.

Hmm, Interesting. The easiest way around it would simply to not use those slots, but I assume you need Starly (etc) to be in those particular slots.

I guess there IS ASM checking the species and not showing it for those 2 then. I'll see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found 2 sets of checks. There may be more, though.

Change 0x49718 to 00 00 00 00. This will disable the check.
Then change 0x1218E4 to 00 00 00 00.

Last edited:

redriders180

Years
You can generate a random number in FR by simply using the command 'random' with a HEX value after it. If this line was written in a script: "random 0x2", a number will be randomly chosen ranging from 0 - 2 so there are three possible outcomes. For your situation I'd advise doing something like this:

Code:
random 0x8
copyvar 0x4000 0x800D 
compare 0x4000 0x0
if 0x1 goto @RivalRecievesBulbasaur
compare 0x4000 0x1
if 0x1 goto @RivalRecievesCharmander
By copying your random result to a variable (0x4000 in this example) the game will be able to tell at a glance which Pokemon they received in the future. This is useful for when you need to make different battles based on their chosen starter by using the 'compare' command and then diverging down different paths like I've shown.

I'd just like to point out that random 0x2 would generate a random number between 0 and 1, not 0 and 2. The parameter is the number of possibilities, so if you specified 0x2 possibilities, that would be 0 and 1.

No disrespect to Dr. Fuji of course...I just wanna make sure more problems don't get caused.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Hmm, Interesting. The easiest way around it would simply to not use those slots, but I assume you need Starly (etc) to be in those particular slots.

I guess there IS ASM checking the species and not showing it for those 2 then. I'll see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found 2 sets of checks. There may be more, though.

Change 0x49718 to 00 00 00 00. This will disable the check.
Then change 0x1218E4 to 00 00 00 00.

Thanks for helping me out. Im not really good with ASM, can i change the codes in a hex editor?
or if not can i have a ASM link please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back