PokéCommunity Daily The article workshop for PokéCommunity Daily. Pitch your ideas for PC Daily articles here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 26th, 2017 (4:59 PM). Edited June 28th, 2017 by Rabinov.
Z25's Avatar
Z25 Z25 is offline
Team Player
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 1,789
As the title mentions this series could be maybe a monthly or bi weekly even. The premise is that we could do a fan spotlight( which we don't have too many for) on a big part of the community, fakemon.

there are a lot of awesome designs out there, and it be cool if we could share them with PC and highlight what is good about the designs and what not. With all the fakemon out there this could be a great long running series.

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphiel View Post
Hello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
[b][COLOR="Red"]Soren avatar, nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodrift View Post
Alola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post
Your user posts came up right away nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
A savage hunger games player I see!
Hello to those quoted, since you all have ties to the art department it's worth notifying you all of this post

Thanks!
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old June 26th, 2017 (5:03 PM).
Rainbow's Avatar
Rainbow Rainbow is online now
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 6,018
Pretty sure I expressed my interest in this in the discord channel, but this looks nice! One thing to note is that Hands & I just started this project to create a region and fakemon will likely be a part of it, so featuring some of those in this series would be great c:

What kind of aspects do you plan on talking about? How many fakemon would there be per article?
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old June 26th, 2017 (5:09 PM).
Z25's Avatar
Z25 Z25 is offline
Team Player
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
Pretty sure I expressed my interest in this in the discord channel, but this looks nice! One thing to note is that Hands & I just started this project to create a region and fakemon will likely be a part of it, so featuring some of those in this series would be great c:

What kind of aspects do you plan on talking about? How many fakemon would there be per article?
Ooh cool, I love seeing what can be done with new region concepts and fakemon. I'd love to feature those!!

As for aspects, it would be focused most likely on base animal or object, etc for the design, how it's handled and maybe mention what is liked and not liked about it. As for how many ones per article, I think 6 could be a pretty good number. Like a team of 6 Pokemon in the real games, it be a team of 6 fakemon in a metaphorical sense. So that be a nice reference imo.
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old June 26th, 2017 (5:13 PM).
Rainbow's Avatar
Rainbow Rainbow is online now
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Developer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z25 View Post
Ooh cool, I love seeing what can be done with new region concepts and fakemon. I'd love to feature those!!

As for aspects, it would be focused most likely on base animal or object, etc for the design, how it's handled and maybe mention what is liked and not liked about it. As for how many ones per article, I think 6 could be a pretty good number. Like a team of 6 Pokemon in the real games, it be a team of 6 fakemon in a metaphorical sense. So that be a nice reference imo.
Sounds good! I'd love to help out writing if you ever need anyone to. +1! c:
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old June 26th, 2017 (5:23 PM).
Z25's Avatar
Z25 Z25 is offline
Team Player
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
Sounds good! I'd love to help out writing if you ever need anyone to. +1! c:
Thanks, and sure! I'd be open for anyone jumping on if they wanted to put in choices or help analysis and write the articles in general.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old June 26th, 2017 (8:38 PM).
Anastasia.R's Avatar
Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,559
I def would love to feature fakemon if people start to make some from the region project Kyle and Hands started! I like to talk about design so I can help write or discuss! I didn't sign up to be an article writer or anything, but if you need more people for thoughts and discussion especially when it comes to design, I'd love to help!

So, I'm down for this idea! I guess if I have any questions it would be: will this be a mix of fakemon designs from artist studio and fan games (along with the region project thats going on), will there be one person choosing the 6 that are talked about in the article, annnddd I'm assuming this is a PC 's fakemons thing and not feature designs from other sites and projects? Just want to clarify!
__________________
ドーブル
. . .
Illustrator. Animator
Mod of Art Studio
Artist on PC Daily
Rika . Nina . Dakota

Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old June 26th, 2017 (9:22 PM).
Z25's Avatar
Z25 Z25 is offline
Team Player
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post
I def would love to feature fakemon if people start to make some from the region project Kyle and Hands started! I like to talk about design so I can help write or discuss! I didn't sign up to be an article writer or anything, but if you need more people for thoughts and discussion especially when it comes to design, I'd love to help!

So, I'm down for this idea! I guess if I have any questions it would be: will this be a mix of fakemon designs from artist studio and fan games (along with the region project thats going on), will there be one person choosing the 6 that are talked about in the article, annnddd I'm assuming this is a PC 's fakemons thing and not feature designs from other sites and projects? Just want to clarify!
I could always use some input from actual artists as I can barely draw haha. So I'd certainly appreciate it.

As for where to pull from, sections on the pc would be likely, which may also lead back to places like devinart as well. In the disocrd, it was mentioned how we wouldn't( or shouldn't) focus on PC, so it be basically all around. A good place to start could be fan games/hacks. Although other sites as well seems to be ok based on discussing it with bobandbill. Although he can post more on this I suppose.

I think its good to cover other places as a lot of designs you won't see elsewhere except sites like Devinart.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old June 26th, 2017 (9:43 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,508
I think we should focus on fakemon shared on PC first. If we get low on numbers to cover then we can explore other sites and feature fakemon posted there appropriately. But I'm sure there'll be enough interest and existing work as it is to do a fair few entries on PC-posted content.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old June 26th, 2017 (10:14 PM).
Anastasia.R's Avatar
Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,559
Sounds good to me, I like that plan! And yeah, I'd love to help out with discussion C:
__________________
ドーブル
. . .
Illustrator. Animator
Mod of Art Studio
Artist on PC Daily
Rika . Nina . Dakota

Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old June 28th, 2017 (11:39 AM).
Rabinov's Avatar
Rabinov Rabinov is online now
怖くて敵わないよ
  • Discord Moderoid
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kingdom of the United
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,150
Sounds like a really good opportunity for our artists, seeming as requests seem thin nowadays! I really want to see how this develops - this gets my +1 and therefore gets the green light!
__________________

[/div]
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old June 28th, 2017 (3:16 PM).
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline
I think I might love you!
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 2,162
I'm not sure how it's related for requests for us, but this is a fun idea, giving feedback on something that people on PC are usually pretty interested in. It makes a fun opening to to discussing and figuring out what makes a design a pokemon related design.
__________________
See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
Paired to Captain Ellie
Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Dakota & Zappy
Moderator of Art & Design
The New Crew
Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


#ninellie, 1.5 Years!
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old June 28th, 2017 (8:08 PM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is online now
shake that booty
  • Administrator
  • Social Media
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 13,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina View Post
I'm not sure how it's related for requests for us, but this is a fun idea, giving feedback on something that people on PC are usually pretty interested in. It makes a fun opening to to discussing and figuring out what makes a design a pokemon related design.
I think that line was about requests for art pieces by artists in the Daily team specifically, haha.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old June 30th, 2017 (10:06 AM).
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline
I think I might love you!
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 2,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I think that line was about requests for art pieces by artists in the Daily team specifically, haha.
that
makes a lot more sense!
__________________
See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
Paired to Captain Ellie
Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Dakota & Zappy
Moderator of Art & Design
The New Crew
Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


#ninellie, 1.5 Years!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Quick Reply

Join the conversation!

Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

Create a PokéCommunity Account

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:34 AM.