• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
[Metal & Colour Generation]

Help Thread

{Introduction}

Welcome to the Metal & Colour Generations Simple Question & Answer thread! <3 With the increase of threads popping up just to ask simple questions, I decided a thread specifically for that purpose might be helpful. It actually would have been up a while ago, but I was busy with other stuff . Anywho, I hope this thread will be helpful to many of you! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me :3 And yes, this is almost the exact same as the Advanced Generation thread XD;
So basically, just post asking whatever question you might have. Other members will come along and give you answers if there is one, and there you go! <3
{Rules}

→ This thread is for asking simple questions about any of the Metal & Colour Generation games (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal). If you have a question about any of the other games, check out their own respective forums.

→ Before posting in here, please check Google or a reliable Pokémon fansite for answers. It will be a lot faster.

→ All of the PokéCommunity rules apply to this thread.

→ Do not make a post asking why people haven't answered your question. Give it time, eventually somebody will come along and answer it.​

{Announcements}

December 28 2008
Lawl, as soon as I start the Advanced Generation thread a billion threads pop up in Metal & Colour 8( Just my luck.

Gold for gold and silver for... silver XD;

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2010
Pokemon Center

Would it be better to take your pokemon to the pokemon center when its health is on red or when it faints? You know there are some pokemon that level up with happiness. The best was to boost its happiness is to battle with it right? Well if you battle with it, and its health is on red, and you take it to the pokemon center and heal it, will that increase its happiness more than just letting it faint? Please help!

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm, I have absolutely no idea. Years ago, when I played Gold, I remember wondering that....anyone have the answer out there?

zurieau

Flamboyant.
Years
Fainting = Disliking.

If you played Yellow, you would've noticed that after you let Pikachu faint and turned around to talk to it when it had recovered, it'd have its back turned with dislike.
Also, if you happened to have tried the same concept in G/S and then plugged your cartridge into Pokemon Stadium 2, you would've seen their "happiness" rating drop (if it had the potential to drop).

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
Years
Hey, I have an actual question!:cheeky:

Come one and all and flaunt your knowledge to a poor little fool such as myself.

Right, so I have 2 GBA SPs, a BRAND NEW link cable and a copy of Crystal and Silver Version.
However when I try to trade. one game saves and then readies itself to begin the trading but the other one claims that my "friend is not ready" ,even though they clearly are. When I first tried trading, I pressed the A button at the same time for both and then again where I left a few seconds of discrepancy between the two.
I have also tried again a number of times, switching the cables etc but the problem remains the same.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation, pwease?

This kind of thing ALWAYS happens to me.:laugh:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hey, I have an actual question!:cheeky:

Come one and all and flaunt your knowledge to a poor little fool such as myself.

Right, so I have 2 GBA SPs, a BRAND NEW link cable and a copy of Crystal and Silver Version.
However when I try to trade. one game saves and then readies itself to begin the trading but the other one claims that my "friend is not ready" ,even though they clearly are. When I first tried trading, I pressed the A button at the same time for both and then again where I left a few seconds of discrepancy between the two.
I have also tried again a number of times, switching the cables etc but the problem remains the same.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation, pwease?

This kind of thing ALWAYS happens to me.:laugh:
Most likely your cable is a GBA cable. GBC and GBA cables will both fit in a GBA, but GBC cables only work with GBC games and GBA cables only work with GBA games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Hey, is there any tool that allow to convert pokemon from 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen? It would be cool, something like save editor? :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
I'm searching for something that would convert my pokemon from 1st or 2nd generation to the GBA ones, anything. I tried one Pokemon Maker that makes gameshark codes of a pokemon, but i didn't know my pokemon EV's and i got bad egg in box :/

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
Years
So now I must buy an GBC cable?

Ah fiddlesticks!
What a rip off...:disappoin

But thank you very much for all of your help!:classic:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Good luck finding a GBC cable, I don't think you can buy them in stores anymore.

You can usually find new/used/old ones in game trading stores

EDIT: Crystal Question:
In Crystal you introduce yourself to Oak at the start. Shouldn't this be Elm. Because when getting the Egg from Mr. Pokemon, you meet Oak for presumably the first time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2009
Yellow

Does yellow have Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander in the game or do you have to trade them from the other version?

Years
Charmander can be obtained by a trainer at the Northwest corner of Route 24 after beating all the trainers on Nugget Bridge. He is where TM 45 is.

Years
Hey guys I had a quick question for you. It's more of an opinion-based question, but I was hoping to get some input from some of you.

I'm playing Crystal, and I'm just about to the lake of rage. I have a Dragonaire on my team, but I'm thinking of dropping it. Dragonite is great, but by the time I get to lvl 55 I'll have beaten all 16 gyms and the Dragonite won't be much use. Dragonaire isn't very good so I'm not sure I want to use it.

I'm looking at adding a flying type to my team. I don't like using a "fly slave" since I fly around so much, I prefer teaching fly to a permanent member of my team.

So, besides legendaries, what is a good flying pokemon to use? I was looking at either Crobat or Skarmory....good idea?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys I had a quick question for you. It's more of an opinion-based question, but I was hoping to get some input from some of you.

I'm playing Crystal, and I'm just about to the lake of rage. I have a Dragonaire on my team, but I'm thinking of dropping it. Dragonite is great, but by the time I get to lvl 55 I'll have beaten all 16 gyms and the Dragonite won't be much use. Dragonaire isn't very good so I'm not sure I want to use it.

I'm looking at adding a flying type to my team. I don't like using a "fly slave" since I fly around so much, I prefer teaching fly to a permanent member of my team.

So, besides legendaries, what is a good flying pokemon to use? I was looking at either Crobat or Skarmory....good idea?

I prefer Crobat, but since this is in-game, any Pokemon that can learn Fly would work, even if it does have bad stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back