• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
Hmm, I heard you can trade it off or something to a R/B cartridge that way you can evolve it. And I heard you can catch a Pikachu in R/B and trade it Yellow, but i've never tried it for myself. I wonder if I do, if the traded one will follow me...

yea pikachu can be traded to evolve, but Raichu can't follow you (my cousin regrets this decision to this day even though he "gave up" pokemon XD)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hmm, I heard you can trade it off or something to a R/B cartridge that way you can evolve it. And I heard you can catch a Pikachu in R/B and trade it Yellow, but i've never tried it for myself. I wonder if I do, if the traded one will follow me...

A Pikachu traded from Yellow to R/B can be evolved. If it is traded back, it will not follow you. A Pikachu caught in R/B that is traded to Yellow will not follow you, only Pikachu that are obtained in THAT Yellow will follow you either through the starter or by hacking. Pikachu from other Yellows will not follow you.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Whats the best ball to catch lugia a part from master ball because I've already used it on entei -.-

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Were is the best place to train level 50 pokemon in crystal, I've defeated all the gym leaders (kanto and johto) and the E4 ?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Were is the best place to train level 50 pokemon in crystal, I've defeated all the gym leaders (kanto and johto) and the E4 ?

I'd say either Mt. Silver, since the wild Pokemon are quite high leveled, or you could try the E4. Their Pokemon are only at level 40-50. :)

SanjiHLV

eat my sweeper
Years
can i trade from gold to ruby????????????? please i foung my old mons from like when i was a kid and i love them to bits and wat em for my new games

sorry but you cannot :[. you can only trade between R/B/Y and G/S/C sorry. and R/S/E can only trade between FR/LG. And for the record, Crystal can only trade between Crystal if you use a gameboy advance. if you want crystal to trade to Gold or Silver, both games must be on the original gameboy colors D:

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
How long does kurt take to make balls and is there a way I can speed this time up?

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
Which Pokemon should I work on leveling up?

I asked my friend what his favourite Pokemon game was and it was Pokemon Blue. So I started playing it (first Pokemon game I've played) and I really like it. I have a level 42 Charizard, level 29 Dugtrio (main ones) and the rest of them are:

Meowth lvl 10
Caterpie lvl 3
Kakuna lvl 6
Rattata lvl 6
Geodude lvl 9
Pidgey lvl 9
Female Nidoran lvl 10
Spearow lvl 8
Paras lvl 10
Zubat lvl 12
Pikachu lvl 11
Sandshrew lvl 13 and 15
Butterfree lvl 10
Magikarp lvl 13
Diglett lvl 16 and 22
Jigglypuff lvl 13
Bellsprout lvl 15

I have three questions:
  1. Which Pokemon will eventually become very strong and I should use it in battles to level it up?
  2. At what level should I evolve Jigglypuff?
  3. Where can I get the thunderstone (I think I need it) to evolve Pikachu and at what level should I use it?

Thanks!

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
My answer to Question #2 is that Jigglypuff only evolves using a Moonstone, so you don't have to level it up.

And to Question #3, if you want to teach it Thunder, I'd start grinding it till it's level 43. Otherwise, Level 33 is your best bet. As for the Thunderstone, I'd buy it at Celadon City.

Not sure about Question #1.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
My answer to Question #2 is that Jigglypuff only evolves using a Moonstone, so you don't have to level it up.

And to Question #3, if you want to teach it Thunder, I'd start grinding it till it's level 43. Otherwise, Level 33 is your best bet. As for the Thunderstone, I'd buy it at Celadon City.

Not sure about Question #1.

Thanks a lot. I think I will wait until Pikachu is either 33 or 43 then. Depends if I like the attacks at that stage enough.

I have another question which is open to anybody. I have earned 1550 coins from the slots in Celadon city so far. The options for buying with them are: Abra (120) Clefairy (750) Nidorino (1200) Pinsir (2500) Dratini (4600) Porygon (6500) TM23 (3300) TM15 (5500) or TM50 (7700)

I am wondering which one I should spend money on. I may be able to get more than one... but that depends on how much they are I guess. I was thinking about either Dratini or Nidorino. Only saying Nidorino because it is a lot cheaper, although probably won't end up half as good in the long run... so I don't know what to do,

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You might consider raising that Magikarp. At level 20, it evolves into Gyarados, which is a decent Pokemon. The others you have listed aren't really that great though, so I wouldn't exactly bother leveling them up. Unfortunately, some of the best Pokemon in Blue only evolve by trade, which is hard to do with the older games since most people don't have the stuff to trade with anymore.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
You might consider raising that Magikarp. At level 20, it evolves into Gyarados, which is a decent Pokemon. The others you have listed aren't really that great though, so I wouldn't exactly bother leveling them up. Unfortunately, some of the best Pokemon in Blue only evolve by trade, which is hard to do with the older games since most people don't have the stuff to trade with anymore.

Alright, I think I'll do that then. I was working on leveling up Magikarp but when it has no attack it was a bit repetitive after a while, switching Pokemon and doing the same routine over and over! But I guess Gyarados would be worth the effort!

gee2k8

Slicker than your average
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Playing with friends on pc rom!?

My question relates to using pokemon blue/red roms on the pc and the ability to play with friends who are at their own pc in a different geographical area. (Birmingham for me and Leicester for my friend).
I want to know if it is at all possible to battle/trade with a friend using an emulator so that we can play the game at our own leisure in the comfort of our own living rooms whilst having the option to dive on too the internet and battle each other as we go along.

I've googled it a fair amount today but i havent found anything concrete. Please confirm if anyone has any knowledge of this being possible or even something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back