The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Old May 14th, 2013 (2:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
    Of course it is, i was just saying that in this case, the Pokemon Smash information is not all that helpful regarding what type Sylveon will be. I actually don't trust any rumor/info our there if it's not from an official Pokemon/Nintendo source
    It was actually very helpful. With the three types they tested we were easily able to conclude 1 strength and 1 weakness which allowed us to pinpoint a type. Albeit we don't have an actual name for the type. We know its a new type seeing that revamping the type chart is fairly useless at this point unless they remove bug resistance from Ghost so Wonder Guard Ghost/Dark can't be immortal.
    Old May 14th, 2013 (3:11 PM).

With all of the hype and speculation, I feel it would be a disappointment to some fans if Sylveon did not turn out to be a new type. It wouldn't stop me from purchasing the game or capturing Sylveon though.
      Old May 14th, 2013 (3:48 PM).
      THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
        This.

I've been hearing rumors flying back and forth about this fairy-type but...I really don't believe it. Not now at least, and especially not for Sylveon. I'd rather hear it from Smash themselves than to just believe random users.
        This "random user" is the same "random user" that told WPM the four new Pokemon's US names, the Electric Giga Drain and other stuff. Since we can prove that he told WPM early, and he's been right so far, he's just as trusted as Smash. This guy knows as much as Smash, the nature of the news shouldn't determine it's validity, just thee guy himself.
        Old May 14th, 2013 (3:52 PM).
        wut?

Nature: Quiet
        Also needs to be remembered that the info given to Pokebeach is perhaps outdated information. They could have easily added the super-effectiveness to Ice after the Pokebeach source got their information.

I think this source is rather reliable though. The leaking of the four English names more or less proves that for me. I do wish Pokebeach would release the rest of the leaked info though, I'm super curious and when it comes to Pokemon spoilers, I don't really mind personally.
        Old May 14th, 2013 (3:54 PM).
        THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JP View Post
          Also needs to be remembered that the info given to Pokebeach is perhaps outdated information. They could have easily added the super-effectiveness to Ice after the Pokebeach source got their information.

I think this source is rather reliable though. The leaking of the four English names more or less proves that for me. I do wish Pokebeach would release the rest of the leaked info though, I'm super curious and when it comes to Pokemon spoilers, I don't really mind personally.
          I'm annoyed that he hasn't yet. There's no reason for him to be holding anything back.
          Old May 14th, 2013 (3:57 PM).
          wut?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
          I'm annoyed that he hasn't yet. There's no reason for him to be holding anything back.
          I think he's trying to be responsible with the information that's been given to him. Like I said, I don't really care about spoilers when it comes to Pokemon, but there are a ton of people out there that do care and once that information is out there, it'll spread like wildfire. Short of keeping away from the internet, you're pretty much guaranteed to see the info somewhere, whether willingly or not. I can understand what he's doing, but I want to be selfish and know what he's hiding lol.
          Old May 14th, 2013 (4:22 PM).
          Ice-Type Fanatic

Nature: Timid
          I think everyone wants to be selfish about it lol

I'll be upset if it's not a new type after all the hype. As well, what was shown on Smash... Well, it just has to be a new type because no known type corresponds to the SEs shown on Smash.
          Old May 14th, 2013 (5:41 PM). Edited May 14th, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
            Quote:
            This "random user" is the same "random user" that told WPM the four new Pokemon's US names, the Electric Giga Drain and other stuff. Since we can prove that he told WPM early, and he's been right so far, he's just as trusted as Smash. This guy knows as much as Smash, the nature of the news shouldn't determine it's validity, just thee guy himself.
            No he's not as trusted. No one knows him. He could have made up the four names himself. Some people do get lucky. Its has happened in the past. No one is ever as trusted as a dedicated source. He's was wrong about Fairy discrediting him as a source.

He actually got 3/4 names right. I just had to check multiple sources to see if they all spelled it the same. He called Pancham, Panchum. Close in spelling, but its still incorrect. He said it was to sound like "Punch 'em" hence the "u". But its more like Panda + Champ. Pancham still sounds a bit like Punch em, but not as effective as with the u. So he only got 3 names right. 1 of which was being called that since he was revealed. Some sites have it as Gogoat since release so it confused people when Gogoat passed into the Translated name. Gogoto is the Japanese name and Gogoat is the translated English name. So we can only really give credit for 2 names.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JP View Post

There is very little chance of the info being outdated. The guy claims to be a Beta tester. Meaning he has a physical copy in his 3DS. If so then he should not have missed Ice type. They are sent updated copies as they progress to look for coding errors. I don't even think Gamefreak allows for outside Beta testing as Matsuda said he has his employees play the games as they develop them. Which only makes the leaker more sketchy.

Getting lucky doesn't prove his credit. Gogoat was names thus on practically every site when he came out despite his japanese name being Gogoto. I remember when Black and White came out someonr got Tepig's name right but Snivy's wrong. He had about half the Pokedex right when he was leaking English names. People get lucky especially with names. Everything else the guy mentioned is way to farfetched to be remotely believable. He also didn't leak the images or names before. He didn't leak the Riding aspect of the game which in itself is huge. He had access to large info and didn't leak it ahead of time but leaked his own personal fantasies?

So far they caught him on the Dual typed attack. Its still being debated, but they posted the mock up for the attack list. There isn't room for more than one type to display. So Dual typing isn't looking like a possibility. Not to mention its an absurd idea. An attack with an overridden damage type would have been believable, but why would we want that?

Hidden Power, Judgement, Nature Power, Natural Gift. These all have overriding abilities. Though no Pokemon gets STAB from the original element. STAB only effects the changed element. Dual typed moves means there are 2 types to every move which would cause issues. A Pokemon is Weak to one type but resists the other so it takes normal damage. A Pokemon is weak to both so takes x4 damage. A Dual type Pokemon like Geodude takes a Grass/Water attack...it takes x16 damage. Resisted is /16. Its too sporadic and broken. Its as bad as triple typed Pokemon.

They may be adding more to the games, but they are going to keep battles as simple as possible. Imagine running a Rotation Battle with Pokemon with dual typed moves. Rotation Battles are already the harder battle sets out there. They become a chore if not a headache with the possibility of dual typed moves.

Quote:
            I don't think he's holding anything back. I don't think he knows anything else. he got lucky with names, but he most likely doesn't know anything else about the games. He won't post much in fear of getting found out so I'll give him credit for being smart about laying out false leads.

Base synopsis:

Sylveon has single handedly ruined that guys version of Fairy. If he has a copy or works with GF he has had all this info in front of him meaning there was no room for him to have such a glaring error like misinformation. His rumor is too out there so riding his lucky break is the only reason his bad rumor still jumps around. Mr XY's stuff was a little more believable than some of the stuff this guy posted.

On to Sylveon:

Ok...so we know she's a new type...We had a trailer of her making some magical room. WHAT was that room? Best way is to start nitpicking every bit of info we know about Sylveon. Nitpick enough we can break away clues that we may have missed from before.
            Old May 14th, 2013 (7:58 PM).
            10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
              What are the chance one will get all four right? Usually one gets one or two out of speculation but not four...
              Old May 14th, 2013 (8:48 PM).
              Night Of The Final Day

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                What are the chance one will get all four right? Usually one gets one or two out of speculation but not four...
                This. Idk how someone could get so lucky to guess all the names, AND predict a new move. I think He was right on the money with everything he said. Mark my words people: SYLVEON WILL BE A FAIRY TYPE. I also wonder why so many people hate the idea of fairy type? Fairy's don't really connect to any other typing except normal, so why don't they deserve their own type? I think it could make for some REALLY, REALLY amazing looking new pokemon, and make the type listing an even number of 18 :D Plus finally make poison a bit more useful. ALSO, predicting Mawile to be fairy-steel type was pretty out-there for just a prediction... I think he was right about everything he said.
                Old May 14th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

Personally I'll prefer if Fairy was indeed weak against ice like he said as ice needs some more use and so does poison, I'm tired of seeing ice getting the short end of the stick.
                  Also perhaps we shouldn't be getting to worked up about what fairy and Sylveon, if in the end Sylveon ends up being dragon or some old type we are all going to feel stupid.
                  Old May 14th, 2013 (11:13 PM).
                  WUB WUB

Nature: Relaxed
                  Quote:
                  That definitely blew me away, because as you said getting all 4 right is quite an accomplishment.
                  I still don't believe a bunch of stuff he's posting, but maybe he just added his own ideas/speculations to what he knows to put it out there and make people think it's true

Quote:
                  Personally I'll prefer if Fairy was indeed weak against ice like he said as ice needs some more use and so does poison, I'm tired of seeing ice getting the short end of the stick.
                  I hope the same for Ice, it's a type i really like a lot, but it just doesn't do all that good type-wise.
                  Poison is a pretty cool type as well, but making it strong against only 1 type always kinda sucked

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
                  Old May 15th, 2013 (6:12 AM).
                  Ice-Type Fanatic

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
                  I hope the same for Ice, it's a type i really like a lot, but it just doesn't do all that good type-wise.
                  Poison is a pretty cool type as well, but making it strong against only 1 type always kinda sucked
                  Poison I can understand.

Ice, though... Grass, Flying, Ground, Bug and the most notable: Dragon. It's a beast type, at least in the game's run (not sure about online battles). In Gen I, it was hard to defeat Lance without Dewgong or Lapras-Ice Beam. I don't think it's "useless" at all. If you don't have a Dragon type, it's pretty much the only way to defeat Lance swiftly and effectively.

It just has a very specific role, I guess.
                  Old May 15th, 2013 (7:06 AM). Edited May 15th, 2013 by IcyIce.
                  Fictional Writer.

I disagree with Fairy Type. We already have Fairy Pokemon in game and are not Fairy types. Unless the make Clefairy line part fairy type ( Which can be done). Sylveon could be a fairy pokemon, but not a fairy type. I just don't like the idea of fairy type. I much prefer light type. Fairies can also be flying pokemon, because most fairies fly.

The current Fairy type pokemon are as followed:
                    Snubbull line and the Clefairy line.

They are both normal, so the could add a 2nd type to them without much trouble, I just don't think it will be "fairy" because it just doesn't sound like a type. There is also a lot of pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group.
                    Old May 15th, 2013 (7:54 AM).
                    Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Iceman3317 View Post
                      I disagree with Fairy Type. We already have Fairy Pokemon in game and are not Fairy types. Unless the make Clefairy line part fairy type ( Which can be done). Sylveon could be a fairy pokemon, but not a fairy type. I just don't like the idea of fairy type. I much prefer light type. Fairies can also be flying pokemon, because most fairies fly.

The current Fairy type pokemon are as followed:
                      Snubbull line and the Clefairy line.

They are both normal, so the could add a 2nd type to them without much trouble, I just don't think it will be "fairy" because it just doesn't sound like a type. There is also a lot of Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group.
                      Faeries are mythical beings, much like Dragons; why does one sound like a type and the other doesn't? Fairy will likely be its Japanese typing name, as I heard Fighting type in Japan can translate to "Heroes" and Dark types are known as "Villains." It seems to me the most logical typing name is for it to be call Fairy-type in Japanese and be dubbed Light type in other areas outside of Japan.

I think Elemental nymph group of Element/Fairy-Light seems to make sense as a legendary trio or four-some. Maybe a Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and Flying/Fairy-Light type legendary five-some, for example: one for every point of the star shaped Karos/Kalos region. Also Cleffa is the star-shaped Pokemon and Clefairy/Clefable are both the Fairy Pokemon. Maybe that's a subtle hinted connection or just a happy coincidence.

Old May 15th, 2013 (8:03 AM).
                      Man's Best Friend

My problem is whether we actually know he got that information way before the English names were revealed. I am just going to wait and get some sort of confirmation before I actually accept the news as true. It's been shown that some select others also have this information on other websites (the same rumors that is), so I am not sure what is going on exactly.

Old May 15th, 2013 (3:14 PM).
                      Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
                        I'm starting to lean towards the fact that Sylveon's type could be Love type rather than Fairy type, because Sylveon being SE against Ice sounds more like the trope "Defrosting Ice Queen" and it being weak to Poison sounds more like corrupting love.
                        Old May 15th, 2013 (7:35 PM).
                        Night Of The Final Day

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
                          I'm starting to lean towards the fact that Sylveon's type could be Love type rather than Fairy type, because Sylveon being SE against Ice sounds more like the trope "Defrosting Ice Queen" and it being weak to Poison sounds more like corrupting love.
                          I was thinking the same, Pinkie! Plus the foreign name (can't remember which country calls it this) is Feelinara. FEEL=Feelings=feeling of love. Plus, pink is a color often assosciated with love, sylveon was revealed on valentines day, and in the movie trailer it's background was a pink egg, and eggs are said to require love. Oh, and meowth just so happened to fall in love with it during the trailer as well.
                          Old May 15th, 2013 (7:50 PM).
                          Ice-Type Fanatic

But "Love" just sounds so cheesy! o_0 It doesn't fit with the rest of the types in the game. It's not an element or anything. It just sounds so farfetch'd.
                          Old May 15th, 2013 (8:05 PM).
                          OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

They could call it heart type rather than love.
                            However Fairy seems likely at this point...
                            Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
                            Old May 15th, 2013 (8:42 PM).
                            Vampire Waifu

Nature: Quirky
                              Quote:
                              Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.
                              Shoot, you just gave a Captain Planet Vibe (Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Heart). Now I'm assuming that Sylveon's type will be the new Bug type.
                              Old May 15th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
                              Night Of The Final Day

Quote:
                                Heart type sounds kind of... odd. Fairly and Light are the most likely, and I am so sick of the waiting as well! Sadly I doubt we will get a lot of x/y news in June because of everything we got this month. I think they are gonna unleash Sylveon's type when the movie comes out in july, sadly. Two more months!! :|
                                Old May 15th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
                                WUB WUB

I don't know about calling it Heart type, doesn't really sound like...well, a type?
                                Fairy seems likely, although i wouldn't mind if it was called Light or Magic

By now i'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a new type, or it wouldn't make sense to still hold that info back

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
                                Old May 16th, 2013 (9:06 AM).
                                just a guy

Whatever you want to call the new type ─ granted there is one ─ let's take it on over to the An introduction of new types...? thread since the name of a new type doesn't have anything to do with Sylveon.
                                Old May 16th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
                                Dreams take you higher ♥

Nature: Jolly
                                  I know one thing for sure though.. I have a new fave Pokémon!!
                                  It's cream, pink, light blue AND an Eeveelution!
                                  COULD IT GET ANY BETTER!?

Eeveelutions ♥

Quick Reply