The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Old August 20th, 2013 (3:26 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
    I sure hope it has a better hidden ability...or cute charm is made better...or something.

Relevant Advertising!

Old August 21st, 2013 (3:49 AM).

Let's see if we have an Hidden ability Eevee or Sylveon giveaway in the future.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
      XY IGN: Yvonne
      Old August 21st, 2013 (7:19 AM).

Nature: Calm
        I was 100% sure that the shiny Sylveon would be blue. I like it, I'm going to find a shiny Eevee now so I can have a shiny Sylveon in my team lol :)

Pokémon X
        Friend Safari:
        Type: Fire.
        Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
        Old August 21st, 2013 (12:55 PM).
        'That Guy'

It's cool that Sylveon is another bulky eeveelution. I tried to calc its HP stat based off one of the YouTube videos with it having 106 HP @level 30. The output came to be base 95 (with 31 IVs in HP) to base 110 (with 0 IVs in HP). This is just for those who are into calc'ing stats before they are revealed. :]
          Old August 21st, 2013 (6:07 PM).
          is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
            Ozzy mad. Ozzy smash.

I don't like Cute Charm for Sylveon at all haha - it's a waste of a perfectly good Pokémon to give it such a blasé ability like that. Sure it could be useful once in a blue moon, but I was really hoping for something a bit more threatening to lead the Fairy-type revolution. Shiny Sylveon is a great reveal though; the blue is so pretty on him and the eyes look utterly fabulous against the new colour scheme.
            Was that a pun referencing both Sylveon's shiny colouration and its ability to use Moon Blast? {XD}

I love both its shiny and dislike the idea of it having cute charm, too. To speculate on what it's ability might be based on previous patterns...

• The Kanto eeveelutions all have abilities which give them immunities to their respective types. In the dream world, all their abilities are related to status conditions.
            • The Johto eeveelutions have Synchronize. Their hidden abilities have no pattern.
            • The Sinnoh eeveelutions have weather-related abilities for both their abilities.
            So it's worth mentioning that the kanto eeveelutions do not have Static/Flame Body, which are abilities that activate 30% on contact like Cute Charm. I believe that they'll have a lot more new fairy-related abilities, perhaps one which Sylveon will be granted immunity.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
            It's cool that Sylveon is another bulky eeveelution. I tried to calc its HP stat based off one of the YouTube videos with it having 106 HP @level 30. The output came to be base 95 (with 31 IVs in HP) to base 110 (with 0 IVs in HP). This is just for those who are into calc'ing stats before they are revealed. :]
            I'm really happy that Sylveon is going to be bulky. :D My greatest question is whether it'll be a physical of special attacker. We already have more special-attacking eeveelutions, despite the fact that fairy seems to be more fitting for special moves (like Moon Blast and Fairy Wind.) But that video you're talking about showed it using Drain Kiss, which dealt a lot to Politoed.
            Old August 22nd, 2013 (3:22 PM).

I hope that Sylveon is also an attacker and not just another special defender like Umbreon...however I guess after six eeveelutions they have to do another for a certain stat (one of the sinnoh's shares their highest stat with another forgot who, hence why I said six rather than seven plus I'm not counting Sylveon either hence why I didn't say eight).
              Old August 22nd, 2013 (3:32 PM).
              GOAL!

Nature: Quirky
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
              I hope that Sylveon is also an attacker and not just another special defender like Umbreon...however I guess after six eeveelutions they have to do another for a certain stat (one of the sinnoh's shares their highest stat with another forgot who, hence why I said six rather than seven plus I'm not counting Sylveon either hence why I didn't say eight).
              I think that Sinnoh Eeveelution you were talking about is Glaceon, who shares Espeon's highest stat which is Special Attack. But yeah I'm hoping Sylveon can primarily be an attacker with high Special Defense as shown in the recent videos, more likely special-based since it was using Moonblast and Fairy Wind which are presumably special-based as well. But as far as attacking stats go, I bet it would have higher Special Attack.
              Old August 22nd, 2013 (11:48 PM).
              Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                Hey guys, I know some people have already talked about Sylveon and how to evolve Eevee into it. Well if the rumor about Pancham is correct and it evolves into Pangoro while a Dark type is in your team, maybe it is the same way with Eevee and Sylveon.

So maybe if you have a Fairy in your team and level Eevee at a certain level, maybe it evolves into Sylveon. I don't know if any one has suggested that already or not, so sorry if you have.
                Old August 23rd, 2013 (12:34 AM).
                He has multiple Personalities

Nature: Jolly
                  Dont know how much you guys have talked about evolving eevee into Sylveon, but i have some theories.
                  Shiny Stone
                  Dawn Stone

Well, only 2, but how likely would it be for it to be dawn stone? If it were dawn stone, we could possibly have a ghost type as well evolving with the dusk stone.

Just a thought.
                  Old August 23rd, 2013 (8:51 AM).
                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

I don't think Sylveon will evolve by stone. The evolving with a fairy type Pokémon in party actually sounds likely. It could be justified by saying Eevee absorbed some of the magical power radiating from the fairy (in your party) and evolved into Sylveon.
                    Old August 23rd, 2013 (9:35 AM).

Nature: Adamant
                      I would like the day and night evolution to be altered.

Day, Night, and Morning

Umbreon - 8PM - 4AM (8 hours) Night
                      Espeon - 4AM - 8PM (16 hours) Day/Morning

Slyveon should be morning. That is from when the moon is still up in the early morning, until the sun rises.

It should be something like this, 8 hours each:

Espeon 10AM - 6PM
                      Umbreon 6PM - 2AM
                      Slyveon 2AM - 10PM
                      Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:56 PM).
                      is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by legendarypokemon View Post
                        Dont know how much you guys have talked about evolving eevee into Sylveon, but i have some theories.
                        Shiny Stone
                        Dawn Stone

Well, only 2, but how likely would it be for it to be dawn stone? If it were dawn stone, we could possibly have a ghost type as well evolving with the dusk stone.

Just a thought.
                        There's a tradition that pokemon can never evolve with a method which was available in a previous generation. Well not never... I think there were a couple like Piloswine or Lickitung, which evolve with AncientPower/Rollout through level-up, despite knowing these moves in Gen III.

However, this is the reason why Eevee did not evolve with a Leaf Stone into Leafeon... because using a Leaf Stone in the old games never worked, Gamefreak didn't want to contradict its canon. This is also the reason why pokemon need incenses to produce new baby pokemon introduced.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
                        I would like the day and night evolution to be altered.

Day, Night, and Morning

Umbreon - 8PM - 4AM (8 hours) Night
                        Espeon - 4AM - 8PM (16 hours) Day/Morning

Slyveon should be morning. That is from when the moon is still up in the early morning, until the sun rises.

It should be something like this, 8 hours each:

Espeon 10AM - 6PM
                        Umbreon 6PM - 2AM
                        Slyveon 2AM - 10PM
                        I really like this idea. :D This is the favorite theory that I've heard of. (I'm really hoping that Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon only if it's female with Pokemon Amie, or whatever.)
                        Old August 24th, 2013 (3:36 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
                          There's a tradition that pokemon can never evolve with a method which was available in a previous generation. Well not never... I think there were a couple like Piloswine or Lickitung, which evolve with AncientPower/Rollout through level-up, despite knowing these moves in Gen III.

However, this is the reason why Eevee did not evolve with a Leaf Stone into Leafeon... because using a Leaf Stone in the old games never worked, Gamefreak didn't want to contradict its canon. This is also the reason why pokemon need incenses to produce new baby pokemon introduced.

I really like this idea. :D This is the favorite theory that I've heard of. (I'm really hoping that Eevee doesn't evolve into Sylveon only if it's female with Pokemon Amie, or whatever.)
                          Well in the demo we had a Male sylveon so no need to be female to evolve Sylveon.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
                          XY IGN: Yvonne
                          Old August 25th, 2013 (12:24 AM).

Nature: Timid
                            So Pokemon X and Y are just a month and a half away! So before we get the official stats, here's what I think Sylveon's base stats are:

Hp : 95
                            Atk : 60
                            Def : 65
                            Sp Atk : 110
                            Sp Def : 130
                            Spd : 65

If you haven't realized already, I'm using the stats they always use for Eeveelutions:
                            1 stat : 130
                            1 stat : 110
                            1 stat : 95
                            2 stats : 65
                            1 stat : 60

Hp(95): At Lv 30 Sylveons HP is 103. Since there's no nature that decreases HP, a base stat of 110 or 130 would be far higher than 103 (Lv 30 Pokemon with base stat of 110 = 106)

Atk(60): This was all that was left. D:

Def(65): I do think Sylveon would be bulky, but more specially defensive as you'll see why.

Sp. Atk(110): I'm kind of iffy about this one. I DID think Sp. Atk would be 95 while HP was 130, but after finding out Sylveons HP couldn't be that high, Sp. Atk would only fit under 110. It COULD be 65 while Def is 110, but then that would be the same as Umbreon, and this makes more sense. Also, it's rumoured Draining Kiss's base power is 60, and Sylveon used it against a Politoed and dealt massive damage. Then again Draining Kiss sounds physical so who knows.

Sp. Def(130) : Sylveon took a Life Orb, Stab, Critical hit Hydro Pump in the rain with about half HP. Since it's HP is 95, it's special defense is DEFINITELY high, my guess is 130. I doubt it being Sp. Atk : 130 while Sp Def : 110 as we already have 2 eeveelutions with Special Attack as their "130" stat.

Spd(65) : With Trick Room up, Politoed attacked before Sylveon, meaning Sylveon is faster. Politoed's Spd stat is 70. However, since Politoed was on the team who used Trick Room I believe it had a Speed Hindering nature. Seeing as though Sylveons HP is 95, I doubt (As much as I would love it) its Spd would be 110 or 130, but IF it was, then it would be 110 while its Sp. Atk would be 65.

Thoughts?
                            Old August 25th, 2013 (12:35 AM).
                            Drag a needle on the good today

Nature: Relaxed
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Salt-the-Sloth View Post
                              Hp(95): At Lv 30 Sylveons HP is 103. Since there's no nature that decreases HP, a base stat of 110 or 130 would be far higher than 103 (Lv 30 Pokemon with base stat of 110 = 106)

Sp. Def(130) : Sylveon took a Life Orb, Stab, Critical hit Hydro Pump in the rain with about half HP. Since it's HP is 95, it's special defense is DEFINITELY high, my guess is 130. I doubt it being Sp. Atk : 130 while Sp Def : 110 as we already have 2 eeveelutions with Special Attack as their "130" stat.
                              That sounds about right. I remember watching that clip and later reading posts about it in a different thread. Most members came to the conclusion that Sylveon will have a high Special Defense stat. About the other stats, ¯\(°_o)/¯

My Favorite Song
                              Old August 25th, 2013 (10:41 AM).
                              'That Guy'

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Salt-the-Sloth View Post
                                It really depends on the IVs. Like I said in my previous post, 31 IVs in HP would make it have exactly base 95 HP, but if it had 0 IVs, it has exactly base 110.

What I noticed in the demo, is that Mewtwo had a consistent HP stat of 353, which means that they gave it to us with 31 IVs in everything(I'll assume). So, they most likely gave us all the other Pokemon with 31 IVs in everything. Meaning Sylveon has a HP stat of 95, Fennekin has a HP stat of 40, Froakie has a HP stat of 42, Chespin has a HP stat of 57, and Helioptile has a HP stat of 45. :]

I agree with all of the other stats. After watching that footage with Sylveon taking hits from that Politoed, it's guaranteed its Special Defense will be its highest stat.
                                Old August 25th, 2013 (11:01 AM).

Helioptile has lower HP than I had hoped...at least it has a recovery move...

I also agree with those stats for sylveon, seems like a possible special defender and special attacker.
                                  Old August 25th, 2013 (4:41 PM).

Nature: Modest
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
                                  After watching that footage with Sylveon taking hits from that Politoed, it's guaranteed its Special Defense will be its highest stat.

I'm actually ok with this. It would be another Umbreon, but hopefully it will get a decent Sp.Attack stat and a good movepool to where it can actually deal back damage unlike Umbreon.

Administrator

Old August 25th, 2013 (6:35 PM).
                                  Alluring Illusion

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
                                    I'm actually ok with this. It would be another Umbreon, but hopefully it will get a decent Sp.Attack stat and a good movepool to where it can actually deal back damage unlike Umbreon.
                                    And ironic enough both are related to the moon in which umbreon is greatly influenced from and sylveon being fairy which is tied to the moon somehow.
                                    Hometown: Lacunosa Town
                                    Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
                                    Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
                                    Old August 25th, 2013 (8:29 PM).

Also both are new type Pokémon as of their generation of introduction...Now if Sylveon evolves by happiness it'll be even more like Umbreon...
                                      Old August 25th, 2013 (8:37 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                      Also both are new type Pokémon as of their generation of introduction...Now if Sylveon evolves by happiness it'll be even more like Umbreon...

I'd like it to be a happiness evolution, but it would likely require some type of held item as well or else it would interfere with Eevee evolving into Espeon or Umbreon.

Administrator

Old August 25th, 2013 (8:54 PM).

They could also change the times for the time eeveelutions like someone suggested earlier.
                                        Old August 26th, 2013 (5:23 AM).
                                        Salt-the-Sloth Salt-the-Sloth is offline

Nature: Timid
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
                                          OMG YES!!! Ahh this sums up everything.
                                          Old August 26th, 2013 (5:30 PM).
                                          *Riolu Master* *Riolu Master* is offline
                                          The Aura Within

Nature: Jolly
                                            I don't know if anyone said this yet, but I'm thinking that there's gonna be another eeveelution. Dragon Type.
                                            I have some theories,
                                            In every even number generation of Pokemon there are two more eevee types. Gen.2: Umbreon and Espeon
                                            Gen.4 Leafeon and Glaceon
                                            Gen.6 Sylveon and ???

Also Umbreon is super effective against Espeon and Glaceon is super effective against Leafeon.

Since Fairy type is super effective against Dragon type that would probably mean that there's gonna be a Dragon type.

Old August 26th, 2013 (6:24 PM).
                                            OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by rockscolbs View Post
                                              I don't know if anyone said this yet, but I'm thinking that there's gonna be another eeveelution. Dragon Type.
                                              I have some theories,
                                              In every even number generation of Pokemon there are two more eevee types. Gen.2: Umbreon and Espeon
                                              Gen.4 Leafeon and Glaceon
                                              Gen.6 Sylveon and ???

Also Umbreon is super effective against Espeon and Glaceon is super effective against Leafeon.

Since Fairy type is super effective against Dragon type that would probably mean that there's gonna be a Dragon type.
                                              I sure hope so, but at this point it seems unlikely...sadly Dragon is not weak against any other type other than itself...so if they do dragon later on it should be by itself...hey maybe Fairy is weak against itself too...

Quick Reply