• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

Lunalie

Years
Name: Emma Ward
Hometown: Cianwood City

Appearance: If a single word had to be used to describe Emma's appearance, Unkempt might be the best fit. Her thick, brown hair hangs rather lazily down to about her shoulders, pulled to the side barely far enough to keep it out of her blue eyes. While her hair appears to be brushed at the very least it's split at the ends and gets messy again very easily. Emma stands at a rather lofty 5'11" and appears to be rather fit, keeping a rather upright posture in most situations. She has rather pale skin and her face is littered with freckles.

Emma is usually dressed rather comfortably and light, favoring light blue and Tanish-brown as clothing colors and preferring short tops, Capris and flip flops. She usually wears a light blue band around her wrist and unless she's worried about losing it she wears a necklace with a glass water droplet on the end. She's carries a rather large, blue satchel on her which appears rather bulky and more recently obtained a small bag which she keeps clipped on her hip.

Spoiler:

Personality: Emma is a rather impatient person as well as impulsive. She gets bored rather easily and will typically try to push things along if she fails to see any reason to wait, even if it would be in her best interest to do so. Emma is decently athletic and a rather strong swimmer as a result of spending quite a bit of her childhood swimming near the shore. She's also is rather tomboyish at heart, generally preferring the company of guys or other sporty type girls. She isn't afraid to get dirty to get something done, in fact she actually prefers it more cases than not, especially if it's the easiest way to get it done.

Emma is also rather self conscious, Despite how she might try to act she actually does care quite a bit about what other people think of her. In result she also doesn't take failure lightly and is rather hardheaded when it comes to giving up, even when defeat was clear to her long ago. While she may be somewhat self conscious fortunately for her she's also a bit clueless, often times never noticing vague insults or other kinds of hints unless she's truly paying attention to what's being saying.

One of her best kept secrets though is her skill in Math and Physics. Ever since a young age she has always managed to excel at these topics, the ideas and principals always seeming to come to her naturally. Most recently she's been studying at about a calculus level and she's especially interested in the technical aspect of Pokéballs, keeping several dismantled ones in a box labeled "Do Not Open".

Like a lot of people her age she's rather unsure about what her goals in life are. Part of her wants to become a some sort of technician while another part of her wants to become a trainer like her older brother. Either way though that's why she wanted to go on this journey in the first place, To learn about the world and finally figure out what path in life is right for her.

Brief History: Emma Ward grew up in Cianwood city along side her parents and her two year older brother Lucas Ward. Being the owners of a small convenience store Emma's parents pushed a strong education on the both of them. Hoping that one day one of them would pick up the family store. Despite this however as time went on they ended up becoming less and less involved with their kids as the store started to pick up in popularity, leaving Emma to be mostly looked after by her older brother Lucas. To his parent's requests he ended up tutoring her some but more often than not they ended up sneaking off and playing on the beach instead.

Once day , while the two of them were watching television they saw an add for the Trainer Academy in Goldenrod City. Excited at the thought of becoming a Pokemon trainer and traveling the world both Emma and her older brother started begging for their parents to send them. After a few months of bringing it up constantly they eventually caved, signing up the both of them for the academy when Emma was about eleven years old. Six years later, after being presented the opportunity to start her own journey in New Bark Town she makes her way there, excited to see what's in store for her.

Rival: Lucas Ward, Her own brother. Growing up with him she always had a bit of rivalry going on with her older brother. However, with her being two years younger there was very little she could manage to beat him at. Being as difficult as ever though she's convinced that she can manage to beat him this time! Even with his couple year head start!

Chosen starter:

172.gif

Name: Emil the Pichu ♂
Ability: Lightning rod
Moveset: Thunder Shock, Charm, Tail Whip, Volt Tackle

Roleplay Sample:

"If there are no further questions class is dismissed" announced an older man in the front of the class room. He had short, black dyed hair and appeared to be in his early fifties.

"Excuse me Miss Ward, Could I speak with you for a moment?" The older man called out before Emma managed to leave the classroom, getting a few "Oooohs" from the remaining students as he did.

Emma, knowing exactly what's about to happen turns to the small group of friends she was walking out with. "I'll meet you all out front near the fountain." She promised before meeting the teacher up front.

"Alright what is it?" Emma asked mostly out of formality. After several years of attending the academy, she expects it
out of all of her new math teachers.

"You see, I was grading your test here." He starts off, Pulling her test off the top of a nearby stack of papers. "And you did very well, Your work is rather disorganized but you made it rather clear you understand the material." He trailed on, Emma nodding her head as he spoke.

"Then I came across the last page here" He continued, opening the stapled test to the last page. On the bottom of the Page read *Please do not tell anyone about this* in Emma's normal sloppy handwriting. "If you don't mind me asking, Why?" The old teacher finally asked referring to the writing.

"Because, I'm already called a tomboy by some of the girls around here." Emma started off, giving off an exhausted expression. "The last thing I need is to give them a reason to call me a nerd as well." She continued on, sighing in between sentences.

"I figured that was the reason" the teacher responded, giving her a serious look "I might not look it but I used to be a teenager myself once upon a time, I know how hard it can be to shake a label once it spreads."

"Well I'm glad you understand sir." Emma said, attempting to leave the classroom.

"Wait just a second, I have one more thing I need to say." He calls to her before she manages to step away. Emma slightly annoyed returns back in front of his desk.

"I just want you to know that this is nothing to be ashamed of. I understand keeping it a secret to avoid bullying but it would be a true shame if you let this talent go to waste." He started off, Standing up from his desk and looking Emma in the eyes. "If you let it flourish you can do great things, with pokemon or whatever else you might pursue."

"Pokémon? What does math have to do with pokemon?" Emma asked.

"Maybe not math itself but physics is a close relative to math, It can mean a lot to know the limits of your pokemon and to know the calculations behind them. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes, I think I do" Emma said, starting to tear up a little but.

"Alright, I just want to be sure. I'll be cheering for you, Don't let me down okay Miss Ward?" He says looking at her, wearing a big ole grin on his face.

"I'll be sure not to, Thank you Mr. Carlson!" She managed to respond, trying her hardest to fight back the tears in her eyes.

"Alright, I'll lets you go then, Don't want to keep your friends waiting too long do we?" He said as he sat down again, Putting her test back on the stack with the other papers.

"Will do sir!" She said, wiping her face one last time before heading out the classroom, Letting the door close rather loudly in the process.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

Accepted!

I really like the sound of this character, and I can't wait for that Do Not Open box to somehow get opened. The intrigue!

Feel free to grab a mission, make your own custom mission, or just wander through the route, we'll be moving to the next area soon!

Lunalie

Years
Glad you liked it! I'll be sure to get something out there before too long, I'd hate to keep you all waiting! I also joined the Skype group mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how Alolan Raichu was leaked mere hours after choosing Pichu and posting my SU.

LinearAxel

Years
Good afternoon everyone!

I'll be adding the next part of our adventure in the next few days, so finish up your missions and meet us there.

Ps, join our discord channel~ You don't have to download anything to use the software, so it's a little bit easier than skype.

I'll be sharing some hints as to what our story will be leading up to on the channel.

Lunalie

Years
After looking through the OOC thread and being a little bit foggy on what to do IC without just faffing about I think I'll take the Mission Pokéball Panic since it doesn't appear to be claimed. (Well, the original person who claimed it dropped out)

LinearAxel

Years
Do I even need to mention what mission I'm taking.

XD Nope.

Good evening, everyone!

I am happy to say that the next section of our journey is up! You can claim your missions here.

A few reminders: You're allowed to catch one Pokemon per route (with occasional exceptions like route 30/31). If you have extra Pokeballs from missions, you may catch another. If you earned money in the last route, you can buy Pokeballs in Cherrygrove City and the same rules apply.

Special mission Pokemon do not count towards the total. In this case the Pokemon you catch while fishing, or the Onix/Joltik/Heracross can be obtained, as well as a common route 'mon.

I'll be starting the two-week count tomorrow morning, so anyone who hasn't posted something in two weeks from this point will be removed.

Have fun! You guys are great!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
the heracross mission... I would like to do that one, unless someone wants to do a joint post (whatever that is/means, I'm new to RP'ing) with the ratatta youngsters then i'll let someone else do the heracross one

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Had no idea it has been so long since my last post! I'll have something up today ~

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Ok, Im just gonna take care of the heracorss mission. I will most likely have my post up by tomorrow at the latest

LinearAxel

Years
Introducing: The NPC section!

This is for rivals, quest characters, character's family members, anyone you think might have an impact on the story, but isn't your main character.

You can write your NPS here in the OC, and I'll comprise a list....somewhere.

The Girl in Dark Cave

Name: Shiba Song

32865.jpg

Short bio: Shiba is mysterious. She's quiet, and outright ignores any attempts at chit-chat, making it difficult to learn much about her. She refuses to discuss her family, her goals, etc. Her expression is stern, and she seems very determined to achieve her goal-- whatever that goal is.

Pokemon: (As of Dark Cave)

Noibat (Kuja)♂
714.gif

Ability: Infiltrator
Moves:
Gust
Bite
Super Sonic
Hyper Voice (Tutor move)

Ekans (Orochi)♂
023.gif

Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
Wrap
Bite
Glare
Poison Fang (egg move)

Surskit (Raina)♀
283.gif

Ability: Rain Dish
Moves:
Bubblebeam
Quick Attack
Water Sport
Signal Beam (Egg Move)​

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
NPC 1:
R2cq5q6.jpg

Name: Violet (Vi) Persson

Bio: Marcus' closest neighbor and friend growing up. She and Marcus were as thick as thieves growing up, often playing together well into their teens. She and Marcus ultimately went to a different trainer schools, but not before challenging each over who can clear the gym challenge first. While Marcus was the "cute" one growing up, she was the "cool" one, and wants to collect a team of Pokemon she thinks are cool (whatever that is). She tends to be a little teasing, especially towards Marcus, and is often very blunt towards anything that annoys her.

Team (as of Route 31):

Riolu (Riley)
447.png

Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:
Quick Attack
Feint
Endure
Blaze Kick (Egg)

Spinarak (Sampson)
167.png

Ability: Sniper
Moves:
Poison Sting
Constrict
Leech Life
Night Slash (Egg)

Murkrow (Hoffa)
198.png

Ability: Super Luck
Moves:
Pursuit
Haze
Astonish
Brave Bird (egg)

LinearAxel

Years
We will be opening applications one more time, as several of out players have vanished. The possible starters for new applicants are:

174.gif
175.gif
406.gif
438.gif
440.gif
446.gif
439.gif
238.gif
239.gif
458.gif
173.gif

Also, as we don't want new applicants to fall behind, you may also sign up with one of these Pokemon as your first catch:

016.gif
021.gif
161.gif
163.gif
019.gif
187.gif
504.gif
023.gif
300.gif
396.gif
519.gif

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
I'm interested in applying for this RP. It may take a day or two before I have an SU up though, I have a character in mind that I want to use but I have to figure out what starter pokémon will work best with what I was wanting to do with him.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We will be opening applications one more time, as several of out players have vanished. The possible starters for new applicants are:

174.gif
175.gif
406.gif
438.gif
440.gif
446.gif
439.gif
238.gif
239.gif
458.gif
173.gif

Also, as we don't want new applicants to fall behind, you may also sign up with one of these Pokemon as your first catch:

016.gif
021.gif
161.gif
163.gif
019.gif
187.gif
504.gif
023.gif
300.gif
396.gif
519.gif

Also interested c: possibly for Mime Jr or Smoochum, ooor Budew, haven't decided yet!

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Also dropping from this RP with the same reason as the other one, school.
Best of luck to this RP as well, I think it has a lot of potential!

LinearAxel

Years
Good evening, team!

I'm planning on putting Violet City up Thursday/Friday, so try to finish up your missions/captures and make your way there by then! (Don't worry, the roads won't close once we move on, we just don't want you falling too far behind!)

Can't wait to see your apps! <3

Ps, you can keep tabs on your Pokemon/moves/inventory here~

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016

NPC #1

Name: Roxanne Sun

Short Bio: Being the one of the first people to bypass Dvalin's rude personality to show his kind-hearted side while growing up in Olivine City, Roxanne has always had an opposite personality from Dvalin and has always been a close friend. While he was mean and shut out the world, she has always faced the world with a smile on her face. She believes that no matter how mean or cruel the person is, a small ray of light is somewhere in there and she will bring it out. However, she has no cares in speaking her mind or ill of someone who gets on her bad side. But wait... She told Dvalin she was going to challenge the Unova league a few days ago. What is she doing in Violet City?

Pokemon (As of Violet City)

Cyndaquil (Vulcan)
155.png

Moves:
Ember
Quick Attack
Flare Blitz(Egg Move)
SmokeScreen

Tympole (Frogger)
535.png

Moves:
Bubble Beam
Round
Aqua Ring
Earth Power (Egg Move)

Pinsir (Clamps)
127.png

Moves:
Harden
Vice Grip
Close Combat (Egg Move)
Seismic Toss

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

174.gif
175.gif
406.gif
438.gif
440.gif
446.gif
439.gif
238.gif
239.gif
458.gif
173.gif

016.gif
021.gif
161.gif
163.gif
019.gif
187.gif
504.gif
023.gif
300.gif
396.gif
519.gif

Hello! If there's still room, I'd like to join. :)

Back