Sheep

she/her
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
31,702 posts
14.5 Years
After getting Shuckle in Cianwood I went through the entire remainder of the game and E4 only with it, and trained it to lv. 100. idk why but kid me thought it was super fun lol.
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

SawkTheWarrior

Anybody got any Spaghetti?

He, Him.
Canada
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
303 posts
311 Days
Once in Silver (on the actual Gameboy, not VC), i got a Taurous and trained it to lvl 40, and then for some reason stuffed it in the PC and never used it again. Still don't know why i bothered training it up though.

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,486 posts
3.5 Years
I used my masterball on ditto because I was so interested in transform.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

Sydian

fake your death.

Age 28
they/he
Georgia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
33,188 posts
13.1 Years
idk if it's pointless? but i didn't really understand shiny pokemon so the first shiny i found was a whismur and i thought that the green ears meant it was sick. so i caught it bc i was hoping i could nurse it back to health and make it "normal" again. i thought like if i leveled it up and evolved it that might help lmfao. i mean Technically the green is gone when you evolve it, even if it's shiny. i don't have it anymore, but like. ???? lmfao
justice? righteous? keep that muk to yourselves!
twitter | twitch

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.

Age 28
Female
Florida
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
6,729 posts
13.9 Years
I've caught legendaries, but never ended up using them. I keep them untouched in my box like a trophy. Not sure if that's pointless or just one approach.

I did train a Nidorino to level 70s in RBY even though I didn't find any more Moon Stones.

Janp

Age 24
They/Them
Czech Republic
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
I caught 30 Tauros in one session of Safari Zone while playing ROM hack Ash Gray. I did it to stay true to Ash's journey.
Moderator of Challenges and Travel Journals

pokemon fan person

Age 18
Female
kalos
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
346 posts
18 Days
my entire first gym battle in pokemon ever. it wasn’t pointless, but the stuff i did in it was.
VPP:
flabébé
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
3,197 posts
7.1 Years
Looking back, I once went out of my way to complete the pokedex in diamond. I had never done it before and just felt like I should. Total waste of time. Also as a young, impressionable child, I read that if you healed your Pokemon at the Pokemon center 100 times in a row your Pokemon would become level 100. Yeah it doesn't work like that.

Megan

Life is harder for some...

Age 31
She/Her
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
4,760 posts
8.2 Years
I trained a Nidorino in Blue until it learned Double Kick (in RB it learns this move very late) before evolving it. I did it just for the coverage.
On my first real team in Gold I had a Ditto. It took me a huge amount of time to get it to level 100. I barely used it, however.
In X I went for all the stars on the Trainer Card. When I was done I reset the game.
Art | Moderator of Previous Generations

Sheep

she/her
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
31,702 posts
14.5 Years
In X I went for all the stars on the Trainer Card. When I was done I reset the game.
got a good chuckle out of this lol, I'd be too attached to restart but doing it immediately after is funny!

Came here again to say that I went through all of Gold with just Unown, again when I was like 13. My friend and I loved training weak, underrated mons and actually enjoyed the hilarious struggle. :D
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever