• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Coordinator Rom Hack?

azurefel

l o a d i n g: 15%
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
How interesting would it be if there was a Pokemon Rom Hack but it was to involve Pokemon Contests instead of gyms? The ribbons could replace gym badges and there will be more berries growing then usual.

I always wanted a Rom Hack involving Pokemon contest halls, since that activity is by far my favorite in all the games (the movie theater thing being my second favorite)!

How interesting would it be if there was a Rom Hack based on this concept?

fenberry

Lover <3
Years
  • Age 18
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2019
How interesting would it be if there was a Pokemon Rom Hack but it was to involve Pokemon Contests instead of gyms? The ribbons could replace gym badges and there will be more berries growing then usual.

I always wanted a Rom Hack involving Pokemon contest halls, since that activity is by far my favorite in all the games (the movie theater thing being my second favorite)!

That's an interesting concept and I'd definitely like to see that come to life!

azurefel

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Yeah, me too! It would be a very interesting twist on the Rom Hack genre!
I'm surprised no one made a Rom Hack for this yet?

fenberry

Lover <3
Years
  • Age 18
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2019
Yeah, me too! It would be a very interesting twist on the Rom Hack genre!
I'm surprised no one made a Rom Hack for this yet?

Sadly, not very many people like the competitions or movie thing in the Pokemon Community. Personally, I love the movie thing in Black and White 2.

azurefel

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
Yeah, I do too!
It's my second favorite along with pokemon contests!

The Johto competition is just as fun for me!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I loved Pokemon Contests in Gen III, they were one of my favourite ways to pass the time! I'm allowing players to become Co-ordinators as a sort of side-activity in my hack, but it'd be really cool to see someone take it further and base their whole game around it.

Nessarola

Hopeful Pokemon Cordinator~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021

I've always wished someone would have done something like this. I wanted to do it but making roms is hard.

Years
That sounds super interesting! Personally, I found the contests in Diamond and Pearl the most interesting (though I was bad at the dancing part, that was my sister's area of expertise). A coordinator-focused hack would be a cool idea, but I've unfortunately never heard of one.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 25, 2021
I've always thought of this as a cool idea. I'd love to see it done well. Maybe NPCs you encounter on routes can challenge you to acting or dancing contests instead of regular battles lol. It would be an interesting departure from the usual formula of "kid getting a Pokémon and using it to hurt other Pokémon for their own ambition"

Last edited:

Prof_Oatfield

Prof. Oatfield
Years
That is a great idea, indeed. I would be down to try and implement something like it, but I am afraid I cannot do it justice all on my own.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Interesting concept.

Would any features need changing? or NERFing to make it easier, or at least achievable without too much repeatitiveness.

Since alot of contests have an essence of RNG or just randomness to them in the form of Opponents and the moves that pick.
The same is for Pokémon Battles, but if you lose stats or HP in battles there's ways to recover.

If an opponent gives you a bad turn in contests there's no real way to recover from it. Y'know?

Back