• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: POKEMON STADIUM KAIZO: The first Pokemon Stadium Hard Mode Hack

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
I don't know how to patch the rom. Can someone please message me and help me figure it out. Really want to play this hack.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 14, 2019
I figured out how to create and use custom pokemon for Pokemon Stadium Kaizo on PC and Android. The instructions are below. If there is an easier way, please post it.

Programs/files needed:
• Pokemon R/B/Y ROM
• GB emulator e.g. VBA-M
• Rhydon RBY Save Editor
• Pokemon Stadium Kaizo ROM
• Project64 1.6 or higher
• NRage Input Plugin v2.
• Mupen64Plus FZ for Android. I recommend using Glide64-Medium emulation profile.

1. Open Pokemon R/B/Y ROM in GB emulator, save in a Pokemon Center.
2. Open the SAV file in Rhydon.
3. Create and set pokemon. (Can use smogon website to lookup movesets/available moves.)
a. Select desired species, nickname, level, moves, PP ups, DVs (max = 15), stat exp. (max = 63504). For trainer information, copy TID and trainer name from trainer tab.
b. Right click a position in party/box and set.
4. Export the SAV file. Can open in GB emulator to make sure it worked.
5. In Project64, select Nrage Input Plugin v2, configure controller plugin, controller pak tab, check raw data, transfer pak, set Pokemon R/B/Y ROM and SAV files.
6. Open Kaizo ROM and you will be able to select your created pokemon from cartridge.
7. To use your created pokemon on Android phone: Open Kaizo ROM in Project64 and register team(s) containing your created pokemon from cartridge in desired mode(s).
8. Copy the FLA save file (default location: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Project64 1.6\Save\), rename to "POKEMON STADIUM (unknown rom).fla", then transfer to your Android (default location: /storage/emulated/0/mupen64plus-fz/GameData/POKEMON STADIUM…/SramData/).
9. In Mupen64Plus FZ, open Kaizo ROM, go to mode with your registered pokemon, and play.

Bryan Chen

Bchen2
Years
I can send anyone a copy of my file and can share it on my Google Drive send me a private message and I'll send you a copy to play Pokémon Stadium Kaizo but this is for PC only. I don't know if this will work on a Mac

My other question for the OP.

Will you be making a Pokémon Stadium 2 Kaizo ( with the johto Pokémon) ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Is there a way to ban or unban certain Pok�mon without changing the CRC? Or ban a specific move where it does not change the crc?

I would like to release a much more user friendly easy to patch mod, without dealing with the muk that is RDB file editing, because I hate to admit, I�m having issues with this.

Huge bump to this thread, most of the posters on this thread have commented with issues on getting the game to work.

I just wanted to say thank you for the marvelous job in creating this. I have been playing it myself for the past week in my free time and I have had lots of fun. (And of course, lots of patience) I love Pokemon Stadium and being able to use rentals that have good movesets makes the game SO much more enjoyable! Again, thanks for sharing this with the public, it's tremendous work and REALLY good!

I'd like to share my progress thus far in case anyone is interested in playing this game, cause it's still pretty fantastic. So far, I have completed Gym Leader Castle, Elite Four&Rival, Pika Cup, and Petite Cup all in round 1. I'll give an update on Poke Cup and Prime Cup whenever I get to that, and obviously I'm expecting Round 2 to take much more time so...

First off, I'd like to say that I have only used rentals (I just didn't bother with using Transfer pokes, I find that less fun). I used Project64 to play the game and a gamecube controller.

Here is my Round 1 Kaizo Run Summary so far, and some constructive critiques for the game:

Spoiler:

Good luck with any future projects! I'll keep playing this game probably in my free time, but I start my full-time job in a week from now, so I hope I can finish round 1 before then

Best,

Brad

adaam97

Adem
Years
I can't patch the rom, i've tried several USA and EUR roms and they all make floating IPS tell me it's intended for a different rom

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I can't patch the rom, i've tried several USA and EUR roms and they all make floating IPS tell me it's intended for a different rom
You need to use the initial U.S. release of Pokémon Stadium. The game had two later U.S. revisions, this patch isn't for those. Make sure it's in Big Endian format.

CRC: 72F66F05

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2019
Any chance you can make one of stadium 2?
This hack si amazing and i always wanted a hack like this, but it seems such a miss if stadium 2 did not get one.

I don't know how much time goes into a hack likes this, but just the knowledge that there could be one is enough tbh lol.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
First off, excellent work on the mod, definitely would have been a ton of work. Quick question, is there anyway to have computer vs each other in battle mode? or a mod that implements that as opposed to just have one player face off against a computer? Trying to find ways to do battle simulations for pokemon, thanks so much :)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
It's nice to see rom hacks of the N64 Pokemon games! I'll definitely try this.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2022
As if Pokémon Stadium wasn't hard enough as is.

Also, curious as to how you'd use a transfer pack on an emulator? Is that a known thing?

Well this may sound ridiculous but if you had a transfer pack, a retro brawlers wifi controller, and a n64 controller male output to usb converter, you could plug your transfer pack into your wifi controller box that usually goes into the n64, but instead plug that into your pc with the converter, then it should allow you to plug the transfer pack straight into the pc and the controller could be used to play as well, otherwise I have not actually seen anything else out there that will allow you to do this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
So when i try to play stadium mode and get to the part where you are viewing yours and your opponents pokemon and picking three, after i pick my three and press A the game crashes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
When I try to patch this, the pokemon statium rom is a z64 file and the patch is a bps.when patching i get Error: Source checksum mismatch - patch is not meant for this ROM

See console output for more information. im using hack64.net

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Is there a way to contact the creator of the Hackrom in case he ever makes another update? I have a proposal that might interest you, I know how to have the Pokémon with colors changed by the nicknames, I already have the correct formula by changing the ID of the Pokémon, both in Stadium 1 and Stadium 2, if you are looking for communication with me, I have discord, on Discord my name is (xevilgutsx). Maybe this won't be used for Stadium 1, but if you're interested in Stadium 2, I'm available. The only problem is that Gen 2 Pokemon almost don't change colors, and Shinys aren't viable for competitive play.

By the way, the mod does not work in the latest update of Project 64, it crashed when I selected a Pokemon, including both rental and my own Pokemon from GB, but it does work in Mupen

Last edited:
Back