• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite quotes from a tv show, book, or movie?

Years
reposting this thread because the last version flopped!!!!!

What are your favorite quotes that you throw into everyday conversation?

Screenshots, GIFs, or even video clips are welcome, but text-only posts are just as acceptable.

I'll start it off with one of my favorites from NBC's Community:

qY4P5Ws.gif

context - The Greendale 7 have been roped into performing at the Glee Christmas pageant. The episode is like Glee meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Because Britta is the worst(TM), she was assigned the role of a mute tree. Abed, to break the spell of the Glee Club, gives his role of the lead to her, and tells her to sing the song inside her heart. The Dean is dismayed to see Britta performing, hence the "Oh, Britta's in this? It's one of my favorite quotes because...Jim Rash's disappointment is so perfect and spot on.

Post yours below!

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
Years
This:

On a more serious note, and still in Harry Potter, I like when Ron randomly says "Can I take a look at Uranus, Lavender?" in one of the Divination classes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
i grew up with one movie i will never stop quoting

when talking to Disturbed:
giphy.gif

when asked if i'm a boy or a girl:
Cz2m7zj.gif

when asked what i want to bee:
Hjf.gif

when somebody calls teal a green color:
giphy.gif

whenever i eat chicken (legit say this out loud like every time and then feel weird if others are around) :
giphy.gif

randomly without being prompted:
5A2W.gif

when someone asks what i think about Fifth Element:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
"Is it on me? It feels like it's on me"
~Joey from Friends, after seeing a spider. My parents are huge Friends fans, so I've been saying that quote since before I even watched the show - it's just such a perfect description of that!

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
Years
Got one from the Golden Girls --

Can I ask a dumb question? Rose to Dorothy

Better than anyone I know. Dorothy to Rose

One from Taxi --

[Jim is taking his driver's test]

Reverend Jim Ignatowski: Psst. What does a yellow light mean?

Bobby Wheeler: Slow down.

Reverend Jim Ignatowski: OK. What... does... a... yellow... light... mean?

Bobby Wheeler: Slow down!

Reverend Jim Ignatowski: OK. Wwwwhhhaaaat dooeesss aaaa yyyeeeellllowwww lllliiiight mmmmeeeannn?

Bobby Wheeler: Slow down!

Reverend Jim Ignatowski: OK. Wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat dddddddoooooooeeeeeesssssssss aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllloooooooowwwwwwww w liiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhtt mmmmmeeeeeeaaaaaan?

Some of my other favorites (under a cut since it's long) --

Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
"Well then, you'll need your first mate" - Harry Hook to Uma.

This is my favorite because he obviously cares a lot about her imo. It's even more evident in the 3rd movie when he says this. I don't think people realize how much these two are meant for each other. But like... he'll do anything for her. That's how much he truly loves her, even if she doesn't seem to share the same feelings (maybe, maybe not...?). idk man... I just ship them hard, which is pretty obvious.

User Anon 1848

The Sopranos has a lot of gems that probably aren't suitable for this forum lol.

Back